Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.

Go down 
+8
BliTz
JakeLegion
j0hnb0i
LegendaryFrost
тhε ßεтяαýεя
TheRuler
Quincy99
Naota
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

For The League. Let them know.
For The League by itself.
The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. I_vote_lcap29%The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
For The Guilds System by itself.
The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. I_vote_lcap29%The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
For Both of them at the same time.
The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. I_vote_lcap42%The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Naota

Naota

The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. Empty
PostSubject: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Overview

So, Everyone has a favorite type of deck right? Lightsworns, Blackwings, Fish, Frogs, Monarchs. Well. Why not give the person who likes only one archtype prove they are the best them And Why not prove the person who thinks they are the king of games, prove they can beat em all.
My Idea is a simple one. We set up gyms. Each with a archtype as the theme. One Gym leader to rule it. People can go the route of becoming a Gym leader or becoming a league champion by collecting. You guessed it Badges. So far I had a few ideas for the archetype but polling is open for others.

The Gyms.

The Gym of Infinite Flame.:
This Gym, Uses a fire based deck.

The Gym of Victory Winds.:
This Gym, Uses an wind based deck.

The Gym of Tremendous Ocean.
This Gym, Uses an aqua based deck.

The Gym of The Vengeful Warlord.
This Gym Focuses on The Warrior Type.

The Gym of The Corroded Light.
This Gym enpowers the deck of the light element.

The Gym of Expanding Shadows.
This Gym revolves around the shadows of the dark decks.

The Gym of The Divine.
This Gym calls upon the gods for powers. It uses The Aesir gods, The Wicked Avatars, The Sacred Beast, And The Egyptian Gods Aswell as the cards that support them.
(Reserving this gym for myself. lol)

The Gym of The Enchanted Forest
This Gym brings all the Earthen powers into an enchanted forest. They use the powers of Plants and rocks to destroy the opponents.

Becoming a Gym Leader and or Champion

When you defeat all 8 of the Gym Leaders.And Become a champion You are able to challenge the Gym leader of your choosing. When you choose to challenge you must use a deck that follows the Gym you chose, If you win You shall become the gym leader of that gym. But still would remain Champion until you lose that postion.

After 2 months, We shall hold a tournament with the gym leaders and the top for will join into the elite four. Which will add another layer of Difficulty. Then you will have to get all 8 badages and beat the elite for before becoming a champion and challenging for gym leadership.

Finally, If you choose to follow the champion path, You will challenge the current champion But only one challenge will occur a week, And the First to have all 8 badges confirmed will be able to challenge the champion.

Rewards.

I find maybe a custom rank for the gym leaders.
The Champion will also get a custom rank.
For all those entering the League, They will recieve a trainers card which will show the badges they have one. (Example below) The Elite four will recieve custom userbars and ranks.

Over all it is not that complicated I think. I hope this Idea past, For I have had it for a few months.

This one is all customy in cluding my naota sprite :3
The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. 2r62q1u

Last edited by Naota on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed Guild Gyms)
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:29 am

I like the element aspect of the gyms. Would rather not be archtype specific yet as there only so many variants of certain are competitive. But id be interested in starting with the initial elements and I that is successful we can go further and add the next "league " so to speak. Which would be more type specific (plants, spellcasters Smile) but this would be a cool means to get creative with otherwise non top tier decks for the most part
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:13 am

The idea is cool, but I don't know if DGA members can handle so many things at once, since after the YCS will be gone, if it goes well, I'll re-open the Genesis Guilds, then at lest us BRD guys have our league. I dunno if 3rd will go so well. but I like the idea Smile
Back to top Go down
тhε ßεтяαýεя
King of Games
King of Games
тhε ßεтяαýεя

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:04 am

well YCS is 1 per 10 days duel, and I can't be in BRD league since I am too pro xD jk... so I would like to participate in this
Back to top Go down
Naota

Naota

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:39 am

The thing about this is that it would go on for maybe a few months then the next league will start and it's not like after a week you will lose the badges. it's kinda of a background thing that you can do. And since i was told " a guild is to complicated to explain" I went wwith this. Plus a guild is a team thing. This is for the person who wants be the very best Like no one ever was
To duel them is the real test ,To beat them is the cause The will travel across D.N.,Searching far and wide,Each card to understand,The power that's inside. You know.

Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:04 am

Ok lemme explain now then, the guilds is HUGE, it's a team event that is continuous. We have guild leaders and do missions and what not, but the point is have too many large events in an academy will cause all of them to fail, I understand that u may want this to happen, but we wouldn't be able to keep up with all of them, the guilds are already gonna be large enough. That's my opnion but ti's up to the whole staff to decide.
Back to top Go down
Naota

Naota

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:10 am

Well, Simply question. Is Every single active member of the Forum Granted a spot on one of these guilds.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:41 am

Yes, all u do is register, and the guilds usually have just about the same number each to be fair, but with the new members and rules, it may be made so that you choose your guild or what not. Simple Answer: everyone can get in.
Back to top Go down
Naota

Naota

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:01 am

Hm. Maybe we could Incorporate the two. Say Maybe each Guild has there own, Gym.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:26 am

This is a really cool idea haha
Back to top Go down
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:00 am

It sounds like the Dueling Belts idea i made a while back that people seemed to be interested in, but never went anywhere. It was while the genesis guilds were inactive and no YCS tourney. Idk what the "signers" thing is, but that was ANOTHER factor.

I believe that we should ask the members of this Academy what do THEY want to participate in, instead of ideas being pushed to the side with a little "visit later" sticker on it.

The U.S. congress is supposed to represent the peoples opinion, but on average, the members of congress are nothing like the majority of citizens they represent. The same may be true here, the suggestions that are thrown out there are usually submitted my regular members, like myself and Naota, but are mostly commented on by Admins and Moderators who look at the more technical side of it, the (left brain), while reg. members look at the possible fun and activity within the guild it can create, (right brain) And we cannot think with only one, things dont work that way.

If we keep restricting ourselves to juss 1 event at a time, and then picking up another, we will become inactive. Thats juss how it is, it happend when i was a Moderator for my other guild before it died right in front of my eyes (Airknight Revival Clan). The difference between the events and "underlying programs" is that you can do both at the same time, the Duelist Gym League idea is not an event, its a program that is run under the skin of the Academy, it becomes a part of it, academies become known for the special programs they have operating in their system.

What im saying is this
1) We should have regular members more involved in programs, because they are all pretty much involved in the events (YCS Tourney). And we should find a way to get the word out about those more frequently.

2) Incorporate new moderators and admins, from different time-zones, filter out the mods/admins that are inactive or (lets face it) unreliable or sketchy.
Back to top Go down
Naota

Naota

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:03 am

: Single man clapping in Audience, Transferring to entire forum clapping.:
Back to top Go down
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:14 am

THANK YOU, THANK YOU
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:28 am

this is not pokemon its yugioh. we have guilds that serve a much similar purpose that is fast and simple. i dont think this will work.

maybe u'll get members at start, but the entire process is complicated and time consuming so it wont be popular for long
Back to top Go down
Naota

Naota

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:32 am

Explain how it is complicated? You got 8 gyms. 8 leaders. Each leader has a deck type they must use. If you beat all 8 you become champion. Then you could become a leader inyour own right. Simple. And and Yugioh is based of Pokemon in several ways.
Back to top Go down
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:35 am

If you think something is wrong.
Offer suggestions on how to make it work, not shooting down the idea completely.
I would expect the shit-slinging to come from a newb, not a moderator.
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:05 am

ok the genesis guilds offer the same thing except its simpler, so if u didnt bother to look at my previous post i was saying that this is unecessary.

and Jake i had no intention to smite Naota but why would u want 2 events that do the same thing ? Believe me i love them pokemons, i have Entei as my wallpaper xD

however this is yugioh and is different from a scripted cartoon, that's just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:11 am

1. The guilds is an underlying program in itself already

2. if we do this, which staff will be able to handle this AND guilds(and no we just can't go along making the new ppl staff cuz they bring ideas to the table)

3. The idea that we have guild leaders that have to use a SPECIFIC deck which a member can just anti and easily win against would not be productive at all

4. The fact that after u beat all of them you take over a guild of your choice I don't approve of since it makes the guild leaders seem more like a quest to accomplish rather than a position

5. Notice how everyone who joins DGA is bringing a suggestion that they want to see done, we can't do EVERYTHING that someone thinks of, no matter how hard we try.

6. If we did your belts, this gym, and the guilds, can u honestly tell me that EVERY member would be active in all of them simultaneously without the possibility of confusion in ANY case?

7. No one is shit slinging any ideas, but personally I think any ideas should be remotely original not based on anything well known, otherwise it would lose it's purpose.

No idea is bad(well most aren't anyway), but in my experience as staff(and even admin/owner of an academy) I know how bad such things can get if rushed into recklessly and unplanned.
Back to top Go down
ivan209

ivan209

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:14 am

I've run something similar to this before, for Smash Bros though, as well as for pokemon. The only problem with having a gym system is if you have it where people can do it when every they want, they happen to lose interest because they believe they can put it off till late, and in which case would eventually end. What I have found to be a good way to make ideas like this or any idea that requires a lot of members to do something is an Off-season and an On-season.

So a 4-8 week (nothing to long, 5 weeks is a nice time frame i think) season where for in this example, people would have to collect all or a curtain amount of badges, and then from there compete for a champion spot or something. When you first test out something with an off/on season you don't want it to go on for very long just in case it happens to die out quickly you don't the the event just stop all together. Then have a 4-5 week off-season, where you can get everything set up once again, have people take a break for a little bit and then continue from there. If you want someone who is experience with running events such as this I would contact skarm since he helps run an event on our home forum that works sort of like a guild team thing. That is very successful.
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:31 am

I actually like the whole idea. It isnt that time consuming there are 8 ppl and you can duel them whenever you are able to. Not so restrictive. And people that arent on BRD League dont have something to compete in now, except the YCS but as the betrayer mentioned the ycs is only 1 match in 10 days
Back to top Go down
Naota

Naota

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:45 pm

The Question of the moderation of this. It will be simple. We will appoint one person. Based on popular vote. To become The Gym System mod. To Frost and Blitz, The people want this. I didn't even read your list cause it's overly long. this is simple. 8 Gyms, 8 Duels, First one there is champion. Repeat. And I've decided to make it just by itself, This has nothing to do with the guild anymore. But since you want to whine. The Gym Challenge will be held once a month, During a random week each month.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Look, stop it with the snarky attitude. We are not people to throw power around but you are not the one in control here and I would appreciate if you stop acting like you are and/or making the staff the bad guys just bc they pointed out some flaws. It's also kind of stuck up that frost and blitz read your post, thought about it, and provided 2 detailed replys, but you didn't even bother to read them even though it's roughly half of what you wrote. Moving on...
It's a decent idea. It could use some refinement but we can work on it. On the other hand I agree with frost and blitz on some points. Ruler closed Genesis Guilds bc no one did anything but it took a lot of effort on his part. We're working on some improvements on that and hopefully (read quincy's recent post) we can start leagues for ar and sd soon as well as brd. As for right now at this very second, no. But we may incorporate some of your and jake's ideas in GG or use them on their own once GG gets going. Just understand we can't do everything at once, we go for quality and not quantity for events, and we have to think about things before putting events in place that any random person suggests. Thanks for your input. Keep the ideas coming guys!
Back to top Go down
Naota

Naota

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:40 pm

The Thing is. They say it will be too much. With BRD, YCS And Guilds. Thing Is. I can't get in any of them. So Now what Am I supposed to do? Excuse my snarkyness. But I am tired of mods, Ripping apart ideas. I just want the owner to make a decision.
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:36 am

Naota, you can get in the guilds, when I re-open them. And that won't be until the end of YCS

And also, you don't care for mods' opinions? I think you should, they are staff, you better start caring you know...
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:46 am

For the last time, no one is ripping apart anyone else's ideas. They are decent ideas. We're just saying we can't do everything at once. Like I ALSO already said, we're working on ar and sd leagues and guilds are open to all as ruler said. Tournaments are also open to all, the YCS has already started though. Even then, it's not like there's nothing for you to do. There is duel arenas, competitions, discussions, articles, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.   The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Duelist Gym League./Closed until Further Notice.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next