Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSuggestion :?: ''PRO League"  I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"

Go down 
+6
TheRuler
King007
Gracco
redgar
LegendaryFrost
Krysu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Krysu

Krysu

Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:17 pm

Hello everybody and anybody its been a while since I wrote here and the reason for this is my inactivity, how did I become so inactive? honestly I don't rlly know but one of the BIG-est reasons for my inactivity is not having an exciting reason to come here and write or duel for DGA events b/c all of them are kinda inactive b/c they have the old issues like not finding your torney opponent on your time zone or not having time to get prepared for the limitations of the torney and to wait for another torney which you may like is long time, the arena is not that exciting in my opinion and not only in my opinion what you get dueling there is not rlly so exciting to make you come every day and find opponents for it, I don't say the DGA Academy is pointless, useless or not exciting and I'm sure many of you founded your reason to visit it but sadly I didn't founded that reason so what I would rlly enjoy doing in the academy and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who will appreciate an event like ''Pro League", ok I'm gonna explain this event bellow:

Bannlist:

OTK,FTK, BURN, INSTANT WINS, MILL.

~1~ No participants limit ( only registered users in DGA can be ranked in "Pro League").
~2~ Free Duels ( anybody can duel everybody as long as bout players agree from the start that the duel to be counted in the "Pro League")
~3~ Single Duels only and deck switch anytime.
~4~ Ranking, called RATING, the difference between Win and Loss will make the Rating positive "+" or negative "-", example ( 10 wins and 3 loss = Rating +7, or 3 wins and 10 loss = Rating -7 ). Another ranking system the AVG ( average between wins and losses ).
~5~ No duels limit ( that mean you can duel 100 times per day or duel 3 times per month).
~6~ The duel results will be posted in the "Pro League Session" Topic with confirmation from opponent.
~7~ The ranking will be locked at the end of every end of the month and the awards will be in credits and other special things, another ranking will start at the start of the next month.
~8~ Top 10 Ranking will be on the Main page of DGA in a special winged and will be updated asap or at the end of the day by the moderators of the "Pro League".

Well thats my idea for the perfect event for me b/c this event is for everybody and I'm sure you will always find opponents and the way this system work is perfect for people who don't play that much b/c they don't have time or b/c they don't like playing that much also is perfect for people who duel very much and they want to settle scores, in my opinion its rlly the best system to rank different kind of duelists in the best and easy way, also like I said this system can't fail cuz of inactivity. If you ask me this should be the way DN ranking should work but I'm sure in DGA will be perfect for everybody.

Well thats my idea if you like it support it and maybe soon will have it started b/c I'm sure nobody can stand against it Wink.

If you have questions about this I will be verry happy to resolve them.

EDIT, EDIT, EDIT

Alright, after a big THX for the supporters of this event idea here is the final result and me and SK need an official response from the DGA staff so we can get this started asap.

So, the final version of the idea is this:

"Pro League"

~1~ No participants limit ( only registered users in DGA can be ranked in "Pro League").
~2~ Free Duels ( anybody can duel everybody as long as bout players agree from the start that the duel to be counted in the "Pro League")
~3~ Single Duels only and deck switch anytime. Bannlist: OTK,FTK, BURN, INSTANT WINS, MILL.
~4~ Ranking, will have two ranking tables 1st called RATING = number of Wins divided to the number off Looses for example: 10 W, 5 L = 10/5=2 . Second ranking table will be Overall = the difference between wins and looses for example: 10 W, 5 L = 10-5=5 > so this will make the Overall +5 or 5 W, 10 L = 5-10=-5 so this will make the Overall -5.
~5~ While dueling for the "Pro League" you will be ranked in bout tables and bout tables will have different awards.
~6~ No duels limit ( that mean you can duel 100 times per day or duel 3 times per month).
~7~ The duel results will be posted in the "Pro League Session" Topic with confirmation from opponent.
~8~ The rankings will be locked at the end of every week and the awards will be for top 3 in bout tables and they will get a number of stars as they follow below:

1st place ~ 3 stars
2nd place ~ 2 stars
3rd place ~ 1 star

At the end of the month the top 5 ranked in bout tables will get stars as they follow:

1st place ~ 5 Silver Stars
2nd place ~ 4 Silver Stars
3rd place ~ 3 Silver Stars
4th place ~ 2 Silver Stars
5th place ~ 1 Silver Star

At the end of the year the top 10 ranked in bout tables will get stars as they follow:

1st place ~ 10 Golden Stars
2nd place ~ 9 Golden Stars
3rd place ~ 8 Golden Stars
4th place ~ 7 Golden Stars
5th place ~ 6 Golden Stars
6th place ~ 5 Golden Stars
7th place ~ 4 Golden Stars
8th place ~ 3 Golden Stars
9th place ~ 2 Golden Stars
10th place ~ 1 Golden Star

NOTE: besides the star awards other special prizes will be awarded by the DGA Academy Staff also besides all that at the end of each week/month/year the special Titles will get the 1st ranked duelists from the bout tables as the follow:

1st ranked duelist in the Rating table will get the special title: Duelist of the week/month/year.

1st ranked duelist in the Overall table will get the special title: Conqueror of the week/month/year.

~9~ Top 10 Rankings will be on the Main page of DGA in a special winged and will be updated asap or at the end of the day by the administrators of the DGA Academy.

Thats all folks and mega thanks for the big support and we hope for an positive answer from the DGA Academy Staff.

Last edited by Krysu on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Make the duels matches and have everyone make ONE post for their wins and losses and it sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Krysu

Krysu

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Well Frost personally I don't like the problems caused by the matches cuz of the side deck, so I say is better to go with single duels for the 2 reasons, first keep things simple cuz the match mode complicate them due to the side deck problems in DN and another reason match mode take more time to complete and I want this event to be perfect for everybody those with plenty of free time and those that don't have enough time, I know the match duel is more professional due to the side ability but I think in this event single duels are the best, but we may reconsider if people will ask for the match mode when will be available in DN, as far as I know that will be somewhere around the winter holidays.
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:21 am

I agree with the single duels for the same reason Krysu pointed out. The idea seems fun we could give it a try Smile
Back to top Go down
Gracco

Gracco

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:09 am

I think this idea sounds great. I am for single games as long as the match arena is still present. Having both options and definaly like 1/3 to 1/2 of the points won for a single game and more restrictions on how often you can duel some one to prevent certain issues sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Krysu

Krysu

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:32 am

Thx for the support guys but like I said I want this simple b/c or if straight purpose of making people duel for DGA and be ranked and awarded here b/c as you know DN ranking don't give you anything and also is not fair in my opinion thats why I want to make DGA people duel for DGA and be ranked and awarded in DGA.
About the more restrictions for dueling like I explained above you don't have to worry if you don't have enough time to duel cuz the rating system is made for that purpose to give the change for people who just started to be equal to the people who started earlier b/c. is the same if you have 120 wins and 100 losses or you have 30 wins and 10 losses cuz the rating is the same +20, I know you say this is not fair for the ones who have 120 wins thats why the other ranking system is AVG [average = 120 Wins / 100 Losses = 120+100=220/2=110(+) or (-) in the vice versa of the same example] sow this is made for the ones who play much to have their efforts rewarded.

What I didn't explained is will have two ranking tables the rating one and the AVG. one but the rating one will be 1st and the other table will be posted at the end of each league session and will have special awards for it. Again thx for the support and hope to have this event asap ON. Wink
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:55 am

i like the idea but i want it to be in matchs system, coz because of single duels, there is the chance of having a bad hand and therefor a deck can't show its full capability Very Happy

but the idea is cool, and with genesis guilds about to get reintroduced, DGA will be the best academy even more xD
Back to top Go down
Krysu

Krysu

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:14 am

I understand you King yeah you may have a bad hand but is not the end of the world you can win 2 more duels like in the total of 3 of the match system and its even better cuz you will have 1 loss and 2 wins the 1st loss is covered by the 1st win and the next win will be equal to the match win but you will increase in avg by having more duels and about the true capacity of the deck I don't think the side deck have any connection with the deck b/c the side deck is made from cards that affect the opp deck and they are not meant to help your deck strategy at all thats my opinion Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:36 am

with full potential i mean bad hands don't let u invest all ur deck's power xD

plus side is awesome and teachs players to interact with other decks and just gain experience from it.

all in all, i prefer if it's a match system, but i do not mind single duels Smile
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:19 am

Chuck Norris Approves!

no, srsly, I mean, this idea is great Very Happy And I agree with just having single duels Smile I mean, you can always duel multiple times if you want to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:33 am

I am a fan of matches too but duels on DN can be so long that I agree with the sinvuel duel Idea. Well I guess that we will have to hire mods for that specific task. Thx for the Idea krysu the staff will voye this but I aprpve this too. We will need to assign people to work on this full time tho.
Back to top Go down
Krysu

Krysu

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:06 am

Thx for the support people and Scorp if is possible I whout like to be the moderator of this event Very Happy, I will do my best if you will let me to assign this event.
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:10 am

Alright, since I've talked to Krysu about this, this is what we both agreed this event should look like:

We need to have 2 separate ranking tables. If you guys want to keep the fuss off your hands, give me one table and the other to Krysu. The reason for that is that we want duelists who are active to be rewarded, yet at the same time we want people who just joined to show that they are the new big stuff on the block. The formula for the two rankings should go like the following:

Ranking Table #1:

Rating=Wins-Losses

Pretty straightforward thing, at least according to me. The active members will be the one most advantaged by this system, since being active=dueling a lot=getting more wins. The tiebreaker will be done by the number of wins achieved during a week.

Ranking Table#2:

Rating=Wins/Losses

This one is a pretty straightforward formula as well, only this time we are encouraging new members to duel. The reason for this is that newcomers/not so active duelists won't have a duel history as large as active members, hence the far increased difficulty of topping the first ranking system. But this second system enables them to actively participate in this as well. Again, the tiebreaker will be done according to the number of wins achieved in a week.

Regarding the banlist, I agree on banning the decks Krysu mentioned because, even if deadly in the first match, they do not prove almost anything regarding the duelist's skill, because, to quote my favorite Yugituber and Yugiblogger, DeathAspectBlog, "their hands have only one way to be played". Also, the decks Krysu mentioned to be banned are litterally annihilated in the 2nd and 3rd games due to siding issues.

Regarding Rule #6 from Krysu's list, I have a small correction to make. We shouldn't have a single topic, but an entire section dedicated to it, just like a normal duel arena. The reason for that is that browsing a single topic looking for duels can get very messy.

Regarding Rule #7, I think we should reward the top 3 duelists at the end of the week, then the top 5 at the end of the month, then the top 10 duelists of the year. The way I'm thinking of doing that is keeping a hidden topic with the monthly/yearly progress of every player that qualified for the top 10 spots during said month/year. That way we can keep an accurate measurement of one's progress.

As for the rule #8, I have to specify to Krysu that only Administrators can modify forum widgets, meaning we need an Administrator available for us during the end of the day/couple days to update the widget Very Happy

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
gkamal

gkamal

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:25 am

this event sound cool but u just need to organize the ideas and stuff , and if u gonna make the event try getting it supported by kctau to get more members joining it, if u need any help holla at me anytime. Smile
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:35 am

Why is everybody thinking so low? If this event gets a moderate amount of members involved I'm considering affiliating DGA to DN so that we could get a constant inflow of members from there to fuel our activities.
Back to top Go down
gkamal

gkamal

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:36 am

u can't affiliate DGA to DN , DN don't affiliate with academies
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:43 am

don't mind it as long as a staff is willing to make this

prefer table 1, cuz it's simpler

as for DN affiliation, we could always try to pull some strings with our connections Wink
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Krysu

Krysu

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:46 am

Well SK first step is to get this event approved and then we will think about how to make it as big as possible, Wink.

EDIT: Vongeh bout tables make everybody happy but you can chose to target 1 and have fun with it Wink

Last edited by Krysu on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:48 am

gkamal wrote:
u can't affiliate DGA to DN , DN don't affiliate with academies

What is the problem if we affiliate with them, making both forums grow? I mean people from DGA will talk with real life friends, bringing them to DN, while DN members use DGA for various activities which diversify their dueling experience. Not to mention we have quite a few members who have influence there Wink
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:14 am

Supreme_King wrote:
Just my two cents.

:O SK Is back but he only brought 2 cents with him XD

On topic: Why shudn't DGA be the first academy to affiliate with DN, we are by far one of the largest and most active, wouldn't hurt since we already got wayyy more things in store Very Happy

PS.
Vongola-x wrote:
as for DN affiliation, we could always try to pull some strings with our connections Wink

Dueling Genesis Academy: We Pull Your Strings Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:23 am

LegendaryFrost wrote:
Supreme_King wrote:
Just my two cents.

:O SK Is back but he only brought 2 cents with him XD

Suprised you didn't mention anything about my wall'o text. Btw, get your ass on EX forum and on ham ASAP Razz

LegendaryFrost wrote:
On topic: Why shudn't DGA be the first academy to affiliate with DN, we are by far one of the largest and most active, wouldn't hurt since we already got wayyy more things in store Very Happy

PS.
Vongola-x wrote:

Dueling Genesis Academy: We Pull Your Strings Twisted Evil

Indeed we are, we have the most connections with the DN world from what I know Very Happy

Edit:
Vongola-x wrote:
don't mind it as long as a staff is willing to make this

prefer table 1, cuz it's simpler

Also what I meant is that we will make 2 tables to give the members options as to what they want to be: invincible or uber active
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:19 am

I could help you set this If you want I have plenty of free time atm Smile
Back to top Go down
Krysu

Krysu

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:52 am

Alright, after a big THX for the supporters of this event idea here is the final result and me and SK need an official response from the DGA staff so we can get this started asap.

So, the final version of the idea is this:

"Pro League"

~3~ Single Duels only and deck switch anytime, Bannlist: OTK,FTK, BURN, INSTANT WINS, MILL.
~4~ Ranking, will have two ranking tables 1st called RATING = number of Wins divided to the number off Looses for example: 10 W, 5 L = 10/5=2 . Second ranking table will be Overall = the difference between wins and looses for example: 10 W, 5 L = 10-5=5 > so this will make the Overall +5 or 5 W, 10 L = 5-10=-5 so this will make the Overall -5.
~5~ While dueling for the "Pro League" you will be ranked in bout tables and bout tables will have different awards.
~6~ No duels limit ( that mean you can duel 100 times per day or duel 3 times per month).
~7~ The duel results will be posted in the "Pro League Session" Topic with confirmation from opponent.
~8~ The rankings will be locked at the end of every week and the awards will be for top 3 in bout tables and they will get a number of stars as they follow below:

1st place ~ 3 stars
2nd place ~ 2 stars
3rd place ~ 1 star

At the end of the month the top 5 ranked in bout tables will get stars as they follow:

1st place ~ 5 Silver Stars
2nd place ~ 4 Silver Stars
3rd place ~ 3 Silver Stars
4th place ~ 2 Silver Stars
5th place ~ 1 Silver Star

At the end of the year the top 10 ranked in bout tables will get stars as they follow:

1st place ~ 10 Golden Stars
2nd place ~ 9 Golden Stars
3rd place ~ 8 Golden Stars
4th place ~ 7 Golden Stars
5th place ~ 6 Golden Stars
6th place ~ 5 Golden Stars
7th place ~ 4 Golden Stars
8th place ~ 3 Golden Stars
9th place ~ 2 Golden Stars
10th place ~ 1 Golden Star

NOTE: besides the star awards other special prizes will be awarded by the DGA Academy Staff also besides all that at the end of each week/month/year the special Titles will get the 1st ranked duelists from the bout tables as the follow:

1st ranked duelist in the Rating table will get the special title: Duelist of the week/month/year.

1st ranked duelist in the Overall table will get the special title: Conqueror of the week/month/year.

~9~ Top 10 Rankings will be on the Main page of DGA in a special winged and will be updated asap or at the end of the day by the administrators of the DGA Academy.

Thats all folks and mega thanks for the big support and we hope for an positive answer from the DGA Academy Staff.

Last edited by Krysu on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:35 am

That idea looks now amazing Wink Just need a little Grammar Fix Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:12 am

I think u forgot to mention Stall as one of the decks in the banlist, so yh now we wait for lazy staff's approval Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"    Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"  Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion :?: ''PRO League"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next