Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homelittle question on a rulling! I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

little question on a rulling!

Go down 
+3
LegendaryFrost
Nivedo
yangaud
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yangaud

yangaud

little question on a rulling! Empty
PostSubject: little question on a rulling!   little question on a rulling! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:56 am

little question on a rulling! 300px-CreatureSwapTU06-EN-C-UElittle question on a rulling! 300px-Odin%2CFatheroftheAesirSTOR-EN-UR-1E

if u use that would i just get the control of the other monster?
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: little question on a rulling!   little question on a rulling! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:04 am

i would personally say that you could do that, only because his effect doesnt say that he cant be targeted by a card effect, only that he wont be affected by spells or traps.

but that is my own personal opinion and how i see it. there may be something about creature swap that i might be getting
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: little question on a rulling!   little question on a rulling! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:10 am

seeing as odin is unaffected by spells or traps, I think that you couldn't even choose him for creature swap(since choosing is part of the effect) and therefore u can't swap him.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: little question on a rulling!   little question on a rulling! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:18 am

That depends who controls Odin and whose turn it is. Note that Odin is only unaffected by spell or traps if the controller uses the once per turn effect, and it only lasts until the end phase. If you activate Odin's effect an then target him for Creature Swap (idk why the hell you would do that), that's an illegal move. If you do this next turn on your opponent's Odin, you can swipe it bc the effect expired at the end phase
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: little question on a rulling!   little question on a rulling! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:26 am

quick question that relates to the same general effect, but a bit off topic since it looks like the original question was answered and i dont feel like making a new topic.

i think you just answered it in your last post, but when can you activate "once per turn" effects, such as this, or the shien synchro effect? its pretty clear when a card says "once per turn during either players turn", but what about when it doesnt state it?

im asking it here cuz i would think that there might be a chance that he could use the effect on his opponents turn to chain to creature swap
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

PostSubject: Re: little question on a rulling!   little question on a rulling! EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:19 pm

1) You can choose Odin with Swap, but since it cannot be switch control, all Swap's effect disappear.

2) Shien has effect that negate activation of another cards --> Spell Speed 2. Spell Speed 2 + "Once per turn" = "Once per either player's turns".
Back to top Go down
Sieg

Sieg

PostSubject: Re: little question on a rulling!   little question on a rulling! EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Excuse me, sorry for a newb question. "Remove from the field" and "leave the field" both r the same right?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: little question on a rulling!   little question on a rulling! EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Yes they mean exactly the same thing. But if you ever again need to ask a question for a ruling, please don't bring back a several month old thread, just post a new one in the Rulings section of the site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: little question on a rulling!   little question on a rulling! Empty

Back to top Go down

little question on a rulling!
Page 1 of 1