Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePersonal Project  I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personal Project

Go down 
+5
Harper7000
Scorpion67
LegendaryFrost
Quincy99
nerolwo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:27 am

Hey guys i been asking my self , why am i so f... lazy and why did i let myself gain so much weight .
i have always been proud of not being like the average YGO community ( no offense intended ) geeky, nerdy , antisocial and fat .... now i gained some wegith because lack of my usual excersise so im right now building a project with other nurses and friends

i dont know if somebody is interested in losing weight and wants to follow up my results

ok so it will consist on this
my friends ( most of them in the health field )
are gonna monitor me while im gonna use the following products

- Insanity Cardio work out
- Ab Coaster
- and the JM Diet ( easy to follow diet, in a resumed manner u can eat subway :p )

so right now im 5,11 and 206 pounds and i developed a belly.... not cool
so anybody interested in losing weight?
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:43 am

GL on the diet . I myself an 5'7 and 170 a bit heavy for my size. like most people, its the dreaded belly that is the bane of my existence no matter how many crunches i do. Let me know how the ab coaster works out for ya. and could u elaborate of what a JM diet is?
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:55 am

yeah the JM diet, is an abbreviation for his creator initials Jaime Martinez, he is a friend of mine in the medical field , and developed this diet witch in a only 8 months got him from a 38 jeans size to a 28 , then he started drinking beer and got back to a 30 but no freaking rebound effect

Consist a typical diet
Low Calorie
Low Fat
High Protein
and at least 2.5 liter of water ( not flavored water i mean real water ) per day

most of my friends have follow this diet and u can see huge results in about 2 to 3 months the one i witnessed was from a 38 to almost a 32 in 3 months

my friend is gonna come by by sunday and he is gonna give me a copy of the diet
is really easy to follow but im all into Fried-fast food
so is gonna hard ....

The insanity is an excersice i have done in the past and i enjoy it after the first 3 days, but i havent finished ...

and the ab coaster well my brother ask me to buy it so i did and im gonna try it
so if anybody is interested btw Quincy99 thanks for the reply
and yeah im looking for motivation here and writting about my experiences is always motivating for me so let me know what do yall want to know about this

Remember one thing i may say as a Nurse
Obesity can lead to Diabetes , Hypertension , and other realted illness , so we all should monitor our weight,
and as a person ... i used to be not fat i was OBESE when i was 12 y/o and i took me until i was 15. 3 years of daily excersice to lose enough weight so i only look a little overweight
and i got a lot of more friends , my first girlfriend, and i didnt smell as bad when i was sweating as when i was obese.

SO YEAH unless u have a magnetic, full of charisma personality , obesity is the worse thing in a young persons life and the worse memory of an adult person
DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:07 am

I just restarted and am on my 3rd week of an 12 week workout program i would do on and off. But yea if you wouldn't mind passing along the diet program ( i don't know if your friend is keeping it among friends until his book deal Smile ) i would appreciate it. Cant say I've ever reached a point of obesity, but it is good to be healthy afro
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:09 am

no he is not making a book, he is good looking u can tell, but he was obese and he wanted to have sex with different girls more often and being in medical school helped a lot,
so he lost a bunch of weight and then started excersicing and it worked
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:43 am

Good luck on this Nero. Personally I think I need to work out more, but where I'm at there's no gym Sad. So if you have any suggestions on that tell me!!

PS. Subway kicks ASS!!!

Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:07 pm

I think I will follow a diet too
I use to work in construction and now I'm workiong with a computer so I dont do Exircise no more and I'm gaining wight like crazy :S
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:11 pm

yeah! health ftw! for those of you who don't know, i'm a black belt instructor in martial arts, and i'm going to college soon and going to major in health...so yeah, this is something i'm VERY interested in. dieting is the way to go really if you want to lose weight. you sometimes don't even have to not eat certain foods, just watch your calorie count. aim for 2000 calories a day (but it depends on your age and size exactly how much). it may seem meticulous to keep track of everything, but u can use apps for your phone to keep track, it's not so bad (one i know the best is called Lose It). exercise is also important, but as far as losing weight, watching how MUCH you eat and WHAT you eat will garner you the most results. but dude, totally work out too. it gives you so much more energy when you're fit, you just feel amazing. i tore my acl in my knee recently, and even though i'm still fairly active while i wait for surgery, i feel half alive since i'm not doing hardcore stuff like flipping and cardio and sparring xD
@frost: the gym is the way to go, it's too bad there's non near you. sit-ups work well but it's nothing compared to core machines. but yeah you can still work out at your house and stuff. i can pm you a starting workout if you're interested Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:24 am

YAY ! We even have a our personal Black Belt Instructor to help us in in DGA
Man DGA Rocks XD
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:26 am

I thought that the normal calorie number for males per day was 2500 and for women 2000 O.o
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:51 am

Scorp: lol yep! And DGA is awesome Very Happy
vongola: for someone about your age, to MAINTAIN your weight, yes, you would want about 2500 calories a day. I was basing it off of wanting to lose weight though. To lose approximately a pound a week without much exercise (which is pretty good actually), you would have to decrease it by approximately 500 calories per week for each pound you want to lose. And you don't want your diet to make you miserable, and losing more than 2 pounds a week just by what you eat isn't very healthy, so 2000 would be about right, and I would also encourage exercising bc it balances the weight and methods, it's fun, it makes you stronger and builds up cardio (which is good for your heart so you live longer), and some muscle for the ladies never hurts xD. Notice however what I said was an apporximation, for every person it's different, and I know stuff but I'm not an expert lol. So depending on ur results and activity level, you may have to eat more or less
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:11 am

I'm 5'7 and 154, opinions? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:27 am

5'7 of what? 154 cm tall?
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:11 pm

I think its 154 Pounds Vongeh !
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:51 am

In metric system I'm 172 cm tall and 70 kilograms of weight Razz
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:40 am

I've been interested in working out for some time myself and getting a bit more active. Even though I work at Toyota..I do mostly driving inside the plant so that really isn't a workout,lol.

I'm between 5"4 and 5"5 and weigh around 142 or so ( +/- 5 pounds ), but I would like to stay in shape myself.

GL on your end though, If I get around to hitting the Gym or w/e, i'll be sure to mention any results Razz
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:03 pm

well insanity is pretty intense but it works lol

i've been doing it for about a month now and i've already lost about 15 pounds (but gains some muscle weight) and my body is getting very tone. if you commit to it and follow a diet, or the diet the program comes with, it will work perfectly haha
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Nero can u post the JM diet here?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:39 am

Hey did any of you heard about Nero Lately o.0 ?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:46 am

I haven't seen him around lately Sad
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:00 am

Maybe its part of the diet? Razz
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:18 am

well sorry for being out so long i been having trouble at work so i gave my 2 week notice and finally i finish today
and i pass my entrance exam for getting into my transitional program
another news im not gonna be a DAD
and finally they are making copies of the insanity so havent started
just the ab coaster without diet
dude first i though i was fooling around with the machine
but damn second day ( today) im regreting using it it really burns
but sorry for being out
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Cool......now give us the diet or else..... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Personal Project  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Project    Personal Project  Empty

Back to top Go down

Personal Project
Page 1 of 1