Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRe-assigning Dorm Leaders I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re-assigning Dorm Leaders

Go down 
+5
TheRuler
Supreme_King
SabreW
Scorpion67
Harper7000
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Re-assigning Dorm Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Alright boys, the academy has a new look, we've deleted inactive members, we're setting up tournaments, and now it's time to come up with new ideas and refresh the old. Since 2 out of our 3 dorm leaders are deleted bc of inactivity, and I'm not sure if Tino'll be active, I propose we re-assign dorm leaders! We can ask around to see who would like the position, or have a tournament(s) to decide who's the best in each dorm. What do you, as members, think? Also want the staff's opinion since I haven't talked to anyone else about it yet. I want everyone to have input. (if tino ends up staying actor then we can just re-assign the others)
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:40 pm

i totaly agree with that. none of them is active anymore. Just need to see if vongola agree either so we can do it asap and see if it helps to make DGA active.
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:15 am

I don't know if I can respond to this, but I say it's a good idea. The new leaders can help make DGA more active by helping the admins promote the academy.
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:48 am

I agree with this, also I suggest making the Dorm Leaders moderators in their dorm sections, so they can help us staff in controlling the spam Wink

~~~Supreme_King~~~
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:56 am

I agree too! good idea Very Happy (I can be one btw Razz I want to do everything muahhahaaa) xD
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:00 am

Also I suggest organizing a dorm battle royal every month:
Each dorm leader picks 5 members to duel along him in a team.
Each dorm will war the other 2 dorms in a PX format war.
The winner of the dorm wars will war the Staff team xD

~~~Supreme_King~~~
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:23 am

@supreme:Agreed! I love your ideas too, we should definately do that! It'll give the lower dorms the chance to show their stuff... Higher dorm doesn't always mean better
@theruler: hey man, if you wanna lead a yugioh dorm, you gotta stay in the game Razz. Jk, but it would be better if you did Smile

also, I forgot to mention, I think it would be best if the dorm leader actually was from the dorm he/she is in. Otherwise you'll have guys like me and scorp just having another position (administrator, tester, vesta dorm member). So I think vesta dorm members shouldn't be allowed to be a dorm leader, which includes most staff members. It'll be for people who don't already have a position
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:24 am

Agreed with harper, also the Vesta dorm leader shouldn't be a staff member (aka Vongy xD)

~~~Supreme_King~~~
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Sounds like a great idea! A dorm battle royal and the re-assigning the dorm leaders! I agree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 5:53 pm

agree on reassigning the leaders, but as for the vesta dorm leader, I think that it should be a staff member since it is our war team and since I am organizing the wars it is best I stay him.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:59 pm

I agree with vongola. So how should we do this? Do we set up a tourney for each dorm and have the winner be dorm leader, or do we appoint who we think is best and wants to do it?
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 6:14 am

I disagree with you this time Harper, I think we should have a tournament from the dorm, then from the top 4 the staff will pick the one they think is worthy of being dorm leader, because being leader doesn't make you the best, it makes you an example of behavior as well.

~~~Supreme_King~~~
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:01 am

True, being the best duelist doesn't necessarily make you a good leader... Let's go with your plan. Alright then! Seems like all the staff is in agreement, let's start the dorm tournaments!
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:02 am

Whoa Harper, I suggest we wait until we have more members, something like 100 or more Very Happy

~~~Supreme_King~~~
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Tino The Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:40 pm

why dont we do both, each dorm will have a tourney and then the top 4 finalists, will be tested, and then vongola can decide who will be the best leader out of those four
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:03 pm

y6eah thats not a bad idea, it can actualy work, lets just see if everydorm havec enough active members to actualy start a tournament beetween them but for some reason i prefer we vote the dorm leaders because it needs to be someone pretty active that can organose a tournament every month for their respective dorm.
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Tino The Sinner

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:53 pm

if u guys want someone more active as a leader i understand, i will be active but i dont know for how long
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:51 am

well do you think you can take care of hosting tournaments for the SD dorm tino, if you can, then you will keep the position of SD leader, but we need to reasign the lower dorm leaders, both of them are a no show.

I will vote Frost as blackrose leader because he is pretty active and he is hardcore DGA but i dont know if he can host tournaments. I will try to talk to vongola next week and see what he thinks about it and we still need to see who will be the Archfiend leader.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 10:47 pm

After this week I will be crazy active so i can join anything[got exams this week Sad , as for hosting tournaments, I have an "ok" idea about it but I just need someone to tell me how to really do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-assigning Dorm Leaders   Re-assigning Dorm Leaders Empty

Back to top Go down

Re-assigning Dorm Leaders
Page 1 of 1