Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHappiness? Finally Upon Us? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happiness? Finally Upon Us?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NoUserName
NoUserName

Happiness? Finally Upon Us? Empty
PostSubject: Happiness? Finally Upon Us?   Happiness? Finally Upon Us? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Hey guys, I've been doing my research recently due to my leave of absence from the world of YGO. I've cooked up a little article giving a little thought on my recent return from the abyss.....

So I check to see what's going on in the YouTube Community and see what's going on about the place of what I used to call home, and I truly couldn't believe my ears when I heard that there was still hope for this game. Though, Sams still exist, DWs still exist, and a few archetypes have come upon the horizon, I actually can admit to enjoying this format a little. People are finally being creative with their deck building. People are actually making an effort to create decks instead of net decking, testing and n00btubing the YGO neighborhood with pathetic and "unskillful" gameplay. This was definitely demonstrated last format, where a lot of duelists rode the wave of Chaos Dragons and Dino Rabbits and etc., which ironically brought a whole mess of chaos into the game and ruined what I loved so much. It even got my favorite card banned, which ridiculously saddened me to not even want to touch my deck ever again.

BUT, when I realized what had truly happened, I was enlightened to make a comeback. I truly had a full grasp on what happened with the Ban List that I used to hate so much. It forced WORK, something our world is not too fond of anymore. It made us think of new ways of tweaking our decks, and with the unlimiting and semi-limiting of certain cards like Mirror Force and Magic Cylinder, I realized the world could be a better place with this.

I remember a while ago when people joked about having Mirror Force at 2 or 3. And the day arrived, apparently, and to their surprise. Though, now that the game has evolved so much from what it was, 2 Mirror Forces or 3 Magic Cylinders aren't a big problem anymore. But It makes tech carding almost that much easier for some people, especially when it comes to the big beater decks that make you wish you hadn't set that MF so early in the game. It even sets a new path way for the upcoming generation of duelists. I mean, if a bunch of kids are gonna buy starter/structure decks and have multiple copies of MF, why not let them use it? I think those tiny little things we overlook sometimes make this game that much better.

Now as for new archetypes like Atlanteans or Madolches, I only have one thing to say: We all saw it coming.

When doesn't Konami ever think of something new to drop on our heads? I mean, did anyone really anticipate the release of The Seal of Orichalcos? Though, even in the context of our childhood, it got nerf'd beyond reason, but it's still a fairly decent piece of cardboard. Konami is always going to create something that annoys a lot of the rogue players and feeds the "easy winning trolls."They create something for us deck builders to strive to defeat. I officially see Archetypes as the "bad guys" of the YGO world, so to speak. Though, some are halfway decent and others are ridiculously broken. The one's that are broken, obviously, are the bad apples. And us oranges won't stand to be picked on (if you see what I did there...).

I'm sure it's not impossible for the rouge deckers of this format to be doing poorly at all. As a matter of fact, I KNOW we're doing well. I won't deny that I was a part of those "trolls" at one point, but I also know what it takes to truly have skill. Whether it be in manipulating you opponent into making hilarious misplays, deck building and structure and the TRUE meaning of deck consistency, or whatever you consider to be "skill" in this game. I'm just glad that people are being confident in the Anti-Meta decks and the Stun decks and the other classic build that we all know and love.

I think it's fair to say that NuN has finally made a joyful return to DGA and the world of YGO.

- BboyHeritage, a.k.a. NoUserName. Signing In Smile
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Happiness? Finally Upon Us?   Happiness? Finally Upon Us? EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Glad you decided to make it back Smile. I thought it was a shame you left when the banlist hit. It really is a good list finally. Rogue decks win nearly as much as safe decks. There's something of a meta but even that's hella more varied than last format and less broken, so rogue decks can win even YCS with a bit of skill. It's not perfect but I give it a B+. And with Orichalcos, I like what they did with it, it's not "nerfed beyond belief". If they had made it as overpowered as in the anime, the meta would use it to stomp on people even harder. As it is, it's playable and makes certain decks more viable, but not everything can play it. My only complaint is it doesn't protect itself against other fields ("While this card is face-up on the field, no other field spell cards can be activated"). That's lame that you can't mst it but can change the field. But still, good card.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: Happiness? Finally Upon Us?   Happiness? Finally Upon Us? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:35 am

yeah it's diverse and you can steal wins from people because they don't know what your deck does but I (and others) think that Wind-Ups are still "the best deck."
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Happiness? Finally Upon Us?   Happiness? Finally Upon Us? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:10 am

Yeah I would agree with that. But it's nowhere near the bull**** deck it was last format. It was like "I don't have a hand, what in the hell am I supposed to do?" So yeah, I could see it getting hit in the future but right now I don't really care. They're not that much stronger than everything else.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Happiness? Finally Upon Us?   Happiness? Finally Upon Us? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Harper7000 wrote:
It was like "I don't have a hand, what in the hell am I supposed to do?"
Just saying, I lost at locals yesterday because I got Royal Tributed turn 1, game 1 with 5 mons in hand. THE ORIGINAL HAND-DUMPING RAGE INDUCER. Razz

Seriously though, the diversity is definitely refreshing after last format, where one rogue-ISH deck in a top 32 of a YCS was "HOLY SHIT I NEED DECKLIST NAO."
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happiness? Finally Upon Us?   Happiness? Finally Upon Us? Empty

Back to top Go down

Happiness? Finally Upon Us?
Page 1 of 1