Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCard of the Week #34 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Card of the Week #34

Go down 
+6
Quincy99
Zembobway150
NotSoGallantGallade
Vongola-x
sonofagishki
10 posters

Which Card do you think offers the most support to its archetype?
Gishki Shadow
Card of the Week #34 I_vote_lcap0%Card of the Week #34 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Inzektor Hornet
Card of the Week #34 I_vote_lcap57%Card of the Week #34 I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Inzektor Dragonfly
 0% [ 0 ]
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
 0% [ 0 ]
W Nebula Meteorite
 0% [ 0 ]
Elemental HERO Stratos
Card of the Week #34 I_vote_lcap29%Card of the Week #34 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
Card of the Week #34 I_vote_lcap14%Card of the Week #34 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Card of the Week #34 Empty
PostSubject: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Each week we will nominate a card to become Card of The Week!

- I will give you a theme every week, and you will nominate the card you think is most appropriate for said theme.
- You must explain why you nominated your card choice.
- A poll will be opened on Friday with all of the eligible nominations, and will be open until Sunday night.
- When the poll is open, you are allowed to vote for your own nomination.

Card of the Week will open every Monday evening.

Prizes: 100 DGA points + 20 EXP to the card winner

Your theme for this week will be:

Which Card do you think offers the most support to its archetype?

Basically, just nominate the card that you think is the most responsible for making a particular archetype as strong as it is.

Last edited by VioletSk227 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Poll)
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
sonofagishki

sonofagishki

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Gishki shadow because he can bring out there ritual spell and can be used as the whole tribute for the ritual so you can bring out the big monsters for almost nothing.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Inzektor Hornet: it destroys a CARD on the field and makes the the Inzektors' effects go off...
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Well, Hornet's pretty much got it in the bag here, but I'm gonna go ahead and nominate a card of my own:
Grapha.
2700/3000 recurring beater that destroys a card when he's discarded by stuff like Gates, Trance Archfiend, Card Destruction, etc. And he's got the annoyance factor that Hornet possesses.

Show me a modern DW deck without running him that does well...
Exactly.

Funny that both this and Hornet have effects that destroy a card when sent to the Grave in some form. Coincidence? Probably not. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:33 pm

W NEBULA METEORITE! Anyone who has played worms know the shear join you have when you open it and a xex turn one. It get there effects off, resents them, lets you draw, and finally give you a 2700 attack decedent that is honstable.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Elemental Hero - Stratos

This card is essentially the heart of hero single hero deck variant. Searches for all the potential fusions and well as has an ability to destroy spell/traps. Its ability to use these effs when its normal and special summoned make this card very powerful
Back to top Go down
najex

najex

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:55 pm

hmm I think I will nominate Inzektor Dragonfly instead of Hornet

Dragonfly is responsible for the Atypical swarming the deck is known for.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Rescue Rabbit. Without it, the deck is just a deck running 6 random ass vanilla dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:45 pm

SirFunchalot wrote:
Rescue Rabbit. Without it, the deck is just a deck running 6 random ass vanilla dinosaurs.

Uhm, Rabbit is not an archetype card...
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:55 am

Evolzar Laggia. Without this card Evols would not be worth using at all. No one would probably make an evol deck because the best you could do is have 2200/2100 beaters with level 4 xyz. Pretty sure laggia counts as an archetype card since evoltile, evolsaur, evolzar. Laggia makes this deck much more powerful by being a solemn on legs.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:10 am

Vongola-x wrote:
SirFunchalot wrote:

You really think so? I mean just because it's not a named archetype like Inzektors doesn't mean it isn't an deck archetype. I would certainly consider a deck running mostly light and dark monsters along side BLS and Chaos Sorcerer to be a "Chaos" deck.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:26 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
Vongola-x wrote:
SirFunchalot wrote:

You really think so? I mean just because it's not a named archetype like Inzektors doesn't mean it isn't an deck archetype. I would certainly consider a deck running mostly light and dark monsters along side BLS and Chaos Sorcerer to be a "Chaos" deck.

That would make the deck a non-archetype deck... an archetype deck is a deck that's most monsters are different card from an archetype... rabbit is really not an archetype card v_v
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Vongola-x wrote:
SirFunchalot wrote:
Vongola-x wrote:
SirFunchalot wrote:

That would make the deck a non-archetype deck... an archetype deck is a deck that's most monsters are different card from an archetype... rabbit is really not an archetype card v_v

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Archetype

But anyways, I think that both Grapha and Gates are they key cards in Dark Worlds but the most important support card is Snoww.

Whitout Snoww the deck would be an inconsistent pile of shit (even more inconsistent than Dark World already is)

She searches both key cards or any other DW card you might need and really holds the deck together.

DW would suck without Grapha or Gates , but could still function somehow.
Without Snoww the deck would be pretty much unplayable.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:29 am

The poll has been opened.

You have 2 days to vote.

Have at it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:22 pm

Naturally, Inzektor Hornet wins! Vongola has been given his EXP + Points as a reward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card of the Week #34   Card of the Week #34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Card of the Week #34
Page 1 of 1