Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGears of War - A Preview of Geargias I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias   Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Those who follow the game like I do know that quite a few new archetypes are getting debuted in Return of the Duelist, the pack following Galactic Overlord. All of them have seen their own hype from various people, be it Madolce, Magicals, OOPArts, or Heroics. I'm going to be looking at the one archetype I conveniently didn't mention in that list, though, which is Geargias. These guys don't have much support (just 6 monsters, no S/T support), but they're highly splashable in other decks, and have much potential in whatever way they're played. Other than poorly, that is. Razz

This archetype started as a single card in Generation Force, Geargiano. He was pretty mediocre Machine support at the time, but in this set he returns with all his pals, and in full force. Now then, why don't we walk through said buddies, see what we can learn?

Spoiler:
Look familiar? Yup, this card is the theme's Tour Guide, or Junk Synchron if you will. Maybe they had a baby, I dunno. In any case, he's a great card for the theme in several aspects.
For one, he makes an automatic Rank 3 Xyz if you bring out another MK-II (or the original Geargiano if you run him, though most at this point don't). I mean, who doesn't like instant Xyz's?
Secondly, this guy can also bring out a Lv. 4 Geargia for comboing, whether it's Geargiarmor for the searching and all, something to be bounced back by Birdman should you decide to tech him in there, or just grabbing whatever Geargia you want for whatever you need.

Spoiler:
You. Need. This. Guy. Geargiarmor not just gives you a search a turn as long as he stay out there, but with 1900 DEF, he laughs at Thunder King and all those other threats. I mean, it's a +1 a turn. If Machines could take a dump, he's be practically $h!tt!ng advantage on some occasions. Even if he does kick the proverbial bucket by way of battle, he gets his effect. Heck, search out Geargiaccel, then SS him, and it's an instant Xyz right there. You won't have even Normal Summoned!

Spoiler:
Instant Xyz card #2! This is essentially Wind-Up Shark without the level modulation, and just as awesome (though not as cute). He also does his own searching, though it's when he's sent to the grave from the field (and he CAN miss the timing).

Spoiler:
Geargiarsenal = Lonefire Blossom, pretty much. Tribute him, Special Summon any other Geargia, go have fun. You'll mainly want Armor from him for his plusses and whatnot. He's also a makeshift beater if need be, automatically raising himself to 1700 ATK and getting up to T-King range with a buddy on the field. Of course, if you have a buddy on the field, wouldn't you just rather Xyz or something?

Spoiler:
You like the plussing you're seeing so far, eh? Well, meet the bawss.
Look at that effect. Grab any Lv. 4 or lower MACHINE (not necessarily a Geargia) from your deck OR grave and add it to your hand. This guy's a fricking hippie, he can recycle so much. And it can go off twice for ya, which can mean another Giganto X, which means more recycling and all, which just means more win. He also replaces himself with MK-II if you have him in the grave once he's gone, which at least acts as a blocker.
Technically he's not a "Geargia," since he lacks that 'a' at the end there, but that has minimal impact on your play. Just get him out and gogogo~

Ah yes, and you know that card Iron Call? The one that, if released, is sending Karakuris to the banlist in some way? Well, it's just as applicable here. If you haven't heard of it, here:
Spoiler:
It's basically 2 extra Monster Reborns for ya (don't run 3, really), and you know what that means. More Xyz's or Synchroing (based on the variant), and more fun. And more winning.

As for techs, well, that depends on the variant, but personally, I think Genex Ally Birdman is a great one, especially with how often you could be able to get off his effect (after a MK-II summon, especially). You could run direct support like Tinplate Goldfish (a Machine Goblindbergh), or even Clockwork Shikigami if you're feeling avant-garde, or go with cards like Card Car D and the hand traps for general boosts. Really, it all depends on the engine or hybridization you're going for.

Now then, what variants are available to you? Well, anything you can think of that might makes sense, almost. I've seen Pure Geargias (below), Geargimachinas, Geargigadgets, Geargikuris, and Geargiscraps (also below).

Spoiler:

This is my Pure Geargia build, though not too tested. It's got a little bit of Synchroing, as well as the full Geargia engine, so... yeah. I'm obviously gonna change it with more testing and tweaking, but here ya go.

By the way, Maestroke the Symphony Djinn is a fantastic card for the Extra Deck, as this deck struggles a little with huge monsters, so his ability to flip them into DEF really helps to run big guns over.

Spoiler:

Geargiscraps are pretty much the brainchild of Einsam_Delphin from Pojo, because he loves Scraps and is awesome. It works out quite well though, as the recycling goes for both archetypes, the Lv. 4s' abundance means Scrap Dragon makes an appearance as often as you think, and advantage is the same way. This is my almost netdecked version of his deck, complete with Wisel tech and general awesomeness (note to readers: Delphin is the only person I have ever netdecked, so you know he's good).

In any case, this archetype is easily my favorite of all the new ones, what with its already abundant potential with just a little support and the plusses and Xyz'ing it garners in whatever deck you try it with. It's on DN already (Neonian put these guys on first; he's been active on the discussion guide on Pojo and likes the deck quite a bit), so go ahead and test these guys out and all, and wait for REDU to nab them and kick some overhyped (*coughhieraticcough*) @$$!
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias   Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:09 pm

I love all these new archetypes that are going to be released in Return of the Duelist. They look so fun. People have also been discussing machina variants of geargia too. Although I don't know how well it would work compared to pure or scrap geargia.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias   Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:40 am

I haven't yet tried Geargichina or whatever you wanna call it, but it seems to be the most popular build at the moment. Fortress is just really abusable, Gearframe is Gearframe, and Machina Cannon, who just got released in Premium Collection, is a bit more support for them. So........ yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias   Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:38 am

NotSoGallantGallade wrote:
Geargiarmor not just gives you a search a turn as long as he stays out there, but with 1900 DEF, he laughs at Thunder King and all those other threats.

well technically thunder king laughs at him too since it stops you from searching with geargiarmor's effect haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias   Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias Empty

Back to top Go down

Gears of War - A Preview of Geargias
Page 1 of 1