Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGishki's and their potential. I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gishki's and their potential.

Go down 
+2
SirFunchalot
Quincy99
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Quincy99

Quincy99

Gishki's and their potential. Empty
PostSubject: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:01 am

Hello all quincy99 here making my first article and its about an archtype that I'm enjoying testing and playing with atm.

Disclaimer: I will be focusing on what is currently available in the deck in the TCG mostly but i wll talk about some of the future support as well

Gishiki's are a water based ritual archtype that does something not yet seens in rituals. Swarming loops. Now thats may seem like a norn in the current formats but these guys do it a bit differently, they have a lot of support and are able to recycle quite well. now lets look into some Staples in the deck

Gishki Shadow
Gishki's and their potential. GishkiShadowHA05-EN-SR-1E

Effect:If you Ritual Summon a WATER Ritual Monster, this card can be used as the entire Tribute. You can discard this card; add 1 "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

This card is pretty much a staple in all variants. This guys nto only searches for any of the 3 (1 in tcg) gishki ritual cards. As well as that, he can count for the entire tribute! He's easily searched via Gishki ariel and is a salvage target!

Gishki Beast
Gishki's and their potential. GishkiBeastPHSW-EN-R-1E

Effect:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Gishki" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position.

This guy is amazing. Easily makes a rank 4 xyz. as well as reviving a spent shadow to use shadow's effect all over again!

Gishki Ariel
Gishki's and their potential. GishkiArielHA05-EN-SR-1E

Effect: FLIP: You can add 1 "Gishki" monster from your Deck to your hand.

A flip version of stratos, its got a decent defense, enough to survive a tengu or wing up hunter and searches any gishki card.

Onto the rituals: There are currently 2 available in the tcg i will explore those 2 then show off another upcoming card as well

Evigishki Soul Ogre
Gishki's and their potential. EvigishkiSoulOgreHA05-EN-ScR-1E
Effect:Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Ritual Summoned. You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Gishki" monster to target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; shuffle that target into the Deck.

A nice beefy 2800atk, with an awesome spinning effect that not only takes care of monsters but annoying face up s/t as well.

Evigishki Mind Augus
Gishki's and their potential. EvigishkiMindAugusHA05-EN-ScR-1E
effect:Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Ritual Summoned. You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card. When this card is Ritual Summoned: Target up to 5 cards in any Graveyard(s); shuffle those targets to the Deck.

An odd effect at first glance but with the influx of windup/zectors, this could be useful in getting those cards out of the grave. But this card will mostly be used to recycle your own grave into your deck.

And this guy...that we wont be seeing for a long time in the tcg lol
Evigishki Zealgigas
http://images.wikia.com/yugioh/images/1/1b/EvigishkiZealgigas-DT14-JP-DT.jpg
Effect:Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Ritual Summoned. You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Gishki" Ritual Spell Card. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; draw 1 card, and reveal it. If it is a "Gishki" monster, shuffle 1 card on the field to the Deck.

This card is awesome with the way you can manipulate and see what you draw this card could be quite useful, and with shadow taking care of the cost, it's easy to get on the field!

Spells
there are 3 ritual cards, but only 1 avail in the tcg

Gishki Aquamirror
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Gishki" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. You can shuffle this card from the Graveyard into the Deck to target 1 "Gishki" Ritual Monster in your Graveyard; return that target to your hand.

Simple ritual card but it has an inate recycle effect!

Tech choices

Deep sea diva- this guy can grab diviner and make a quick catastor, gachi gachi and potential trishula with all the lv 4's lyign around
Salvage- Easy way to recycle

Here is the current build i am using, in no way it it perfect but it makes for very solid deck at its current state.

Spoiler:

Well hope you enjoy this read and has got you excited for this cool archtype! afro

Last edited by Quincy99 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:39 am

Thoughts on Tour Guide From the Underworld + Djinn Releaser of Rituals? Instant fodder for a lv6 ritual and prevents the opponent from Special Summoning while that monster is on the field.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:50 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
Thoughts on Tour Guide From the Underworld + Djinn Releaser of Rituals? Instant fodder for a lv6 ritual and prevents the opponent from Special Summoning while that monster is on the field.

Love that combo, Its the conerstone of my relinquished deck. But with this archtype i dont see it being used for the most part in this deck. there's only 1 lv 6 and most of the time djinn wont be that useful since most gishki are lv 4, so youd be minus quite a bit to get that sealing ability. Thats my opinion in gishiki at least
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:53 am

I like this archtype Smile can't waith for more support. I really like the troll version of Hero Guishki in the tcg already ( convoltion of nature FTW ) but I now that I see they will get a 3200 beater ritual with a crazy eff, I might consider trying out the ritual version Smile

GJ Quincy Smile
Back to top Go down
Dukemon

Dukemon

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Gishkis are pretty interesting. I want to try a build of my own with E-Hero Absolute Zero. Think it could work?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/shane.weston
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:25 pm

Sir Alex Lucard wrote:
Gishkis are pretty interesting. I want to try a build of my own with E-Hero Absolute Zero. Think it could work?

Absolutely, the question is how you want to approach it. Ab0 has sich simple conditions, you could approach it with a dhero gishki turbo deck or do a Masked hero deck once Heros get some more water masked heros ( m.hero Acid, google it)
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:53 pm

I love this archtype, i have been playing around with it for 4 to 5 months before we got any of the gishki card in the tcg. sadly i think it will be a while til they have enough support to be very competitive. I the future though salvage at 3 is Staplish to use and abuse shadow, beast, and the yet to be released vision. all cool and pretty consent, since most of the cards in the deck search.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Quincy99 wrote:
SirFunchalot wrote:

Love that combo, Its the conerstone of my relinquished deck. But with this archtype i dont see it being used for the most part in this deck. there's only 1 lv 6 and most of the time djinn wont be that useful since most gishki are lv 4, so youd be minus quite a bit to get that sealing ability. Thats my opinion in gishiki at least

Evigishki Gustrake would like to have a word with you about there being only 1 lv6 gishki ritual monster btw. So not only do you negate all of their special summons, but you get to see two of their options and choose one of them to shuffle back into their deck. Also TGU gives you access to rank 3 Xyz who are obviously helpful options for a deck that generally runs 0 tuners. And should there be 2 Djinn's in the graveyard you can ritual summon a Gustkrake without wasting any in hand resources at all other than the ritual spell and set up the lock yet again while getting rid of yet another option your opponent has. It's not a required route to take the deck but it's certainly a really solid option you should look into if you haven't yet.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:38 am

i think he was focusing only on the tcg support in this article. gustrake is the best gishki ritual imo. tgu and djinn is an option, you'd just have to find room...i'm still working on a build
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:44 am

Is it just me, or Evigishki Soul ogre is actualy Guiski Shadow on steroids ?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:19 am

Harper7000 wrote:
i think he was focusing only on the tcg support in this article.

In the article he mentions Evigishki Zealgigas, so I'm pretty sure he's counting OCG support as well, seeing as how Zeal isn't even out in the OCG lol!
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:53 am

I should of clarified when I mentioned zeal that's he's ocg. But I mentioned him for people to get a glimpse at their lv 10 boss. Will fix in article
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gishki's and their potential.   Gishki's and their potential. Empty

Back to top Go down

Gishki's and their potential.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums :: Articles :: Unofficial Articles-
Jump to: