Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePretty Basic T.G. Agents I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pretty Basic T.G. Agents

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Pretty Basic T.G. Agents Empty
PostSubject: Pretty Basic T.G. Agents   Pretty Basic T.G. Agents EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:48 pm

I feel as though I've been in a bit of a slump lately. It could just be my luck, but any help is appreciated!

Pretty Basic T.G. Agents MNsaF
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Basic T.G. Agents   Pretty Basic T.G. Agents EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:10 am

Perhaps you can explain this to me, but what do Agent players have against traps? It's not like some cards you have (like a Treeborn Frog) prevent you from using backrow. Also I don't see how Trag benefits you better than Mirror or Torrential or something other than being a dark for BLS (which you have enough of) and the xyz/synching help. You have good hand advantage maybe? Still doesn't seem better than traps to me :/. Even if you do end up running Trag still you could find room for 5 or 6 staple traps. Its not a BAD way to play the deck with few traps since people top with them obviously, but why not have the defense? To me, playing vs Agents gives the excuse to otk the crap out of them. With many decks i would think twice if they purposefully don't set backrow for a while, but with Agents that doesn't mean they have Gorz, it means they don't run traps...for some reason. For the deck itself, I prefer Heralds over Veiler and like the TGU version over the TG one. And where he heck is Kristya?

Last edited by Harper7000 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Basic T.G. Agents   Pretty Basic T.G. Agents EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:44 am

listen to harpera and if u are running 3 strikers , try 2 Elder of the six samurai , to get access to shi-en and naturia beast
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Basic T.G. Agents   Pretty Basic T.G. Agents EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:27 pm

The problem with maining Traps is a combination of a couple of things. Yes, it is nice to have that defense, but sometimes, you end up risking your offensive plays. With that in mind, if I ever need any traps, I have them in my side deck. I honestly could put a trap lineup in this, but it might put a big dent in my plays, depending on what goes in and what goes out.

As for Kristya, I like her, but she's pretty dead until later on, unless I were to combo her with the Heralds. For the longest time, I didn't know whether to use the Heralds or Veiler, and I know the pros and cons of each. I have another deck that runs Kristya, Heralds, and TGU, but I started to like this deck more because I was tired of Tour Guide, adn I fell in love with TGs.

I might try teching Elders at some point, since I tech them in my X-Saber deck.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Basic T.G. Agents   Pretty Basic T.G. Agents EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:11 pm

elders are godlyk in this deck haha. having Shi En or Naturia beast as an option in the extra deck has helped me a lot. either for protection or for making your opponent waste resources to get rid of them and then you make your big plays. really awesome
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Basic T.G. Agents   Pretty Basic T.G. Agents EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:40 am

Well if you go the TGU way:
-6 tgs
-1 treacherous
-1 instant
+3 TGU
+1 mirror
+1 torrential
+1 Dustshoot
+2 warning

Simple as that. Doesn't interfere with your plays at all. I personally haven't used TG agents much but elder does seem like a good idea if you keep it this way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Basic T.G. Agents   Pretty Basic T.G. Agents Empty

Back to top Go down

Pretty Basic T.G. Agents
Page 1 of 1