Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeKCTAU Situation I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KCTAU Situation

Go down 
+7
j0hnb0i
coolchemist2001
bakura normal
TheRuler
LegendaryFrost
darkness evil
{kctau}Kaizen
11 posters
AuthorMessage
{kctau}Kaizen

{kctau}Kaizen

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 5:51 pm

As many of you have no doubt noticed, I've made a rather major return. I've now heard from several people concerning DN's war system, as well as KCTAU, and would like to ask the opinion of those members here. TamA has expressively told me that he believes KCTAU is done with, but if the members of the various groups ask me to do so, I am willing to work with others to help bring it back. As such, I've outlined a few things that I will be putting into effect. Please give me your responses, as I've posted this on several academies and will be looking at it from both a team's perspective as well as an academy's.

My Short-Term Objectives:

1. Bring Organization back to KCTAU: As it stands right now KCTAU appears to be rather unorganized. I'll be relooking everything over and giving tasks out in a much more specialized manner.
  2. Bring Academy and Team activity back: I'd like the leaders of the various academies and teams to please contact me to see if there's any way that we can organize to help KCTAU work better for you. Please do so at your earliest convenience with any possible suggestions.
  3. Set-up formal systems: I'd planned on doing this before, but Mello threw it out opting instead to make a topic thread. Originally there was an account that handled posting for war requests, as it sent e-mails to all judges/admins and allowed the system to become more streamlined. I'd like for this to be brought back and formally organized to once again stream line the forum.
  4. Rules will be looked at once more, and I'll speak with the various groups about how to enforce them between academies, teams and KCTAU to see if we can come up with a much more universal system.
  5. Listen to suggestions from members about the system.

Long-term goals:

1. Streamlining the ranking system: If at all possible I'd like to stream line this system and come up with something much more formal to deal with the season. If I need to, I'm willing to purchase webspace to use as an FTP base so that I can use a much more streamlined system to manage the ranks. Essentially my goal would be that when a judge closes a war, they choose a winner and the points are automatically added to the winner, allowing for an automatic update of ranks. That will keep a much more live feed when it comes to the rank system.
  2. Determine what else can be made to improve our site: whether that be organizing more tournaments or setting up a formal site, with domain name and everything, is basically at the decision of the members. I'm perfectly willing to set up a formal website and forum if that's what you guys want. Right now, I'm leaving this discussion of the hands of you, the reader.

Thank you,
Kaizen, Head of KCTAU

P.S. Apologize to the admins for posting here...but it seemed the most appropriate position to post
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:40 pm

I actualy agree to this 100% Kctau needs so much work its not even funny
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:23 am

Tons a work but not much time now. It's exam season and many ppl are gonna be busy with Christmas right after that :/ Basically, all actions would be most likely taken after the holidays and such have passed.
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:51 am

I agree, it needs so much work. I think you should get rid of the inactive/not so good staff, and get a new one :/ As you might know, some are not in the favor of the members XD

I also like your Short-Term objective nr. 5, it's always important to listen to the members.
Back to top Go down
bakura normal

bakura normal

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:36 am

never heard of u =3 but still seems you a old well repected tau member so ok then o.o

anyway, i agree 100% with what you are doing, i also agree with ruler, you need better staff in that place and some who are actually gonna give a damn. i hope tau gets back to its former glory because they were the good ol days, were tau ruled. right now its a mess so if you can change it into something worth surviving im sure everybody will be happy
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:54 pm

bakura normal wrote:
never heard of u =3 but still seems you a old well repected tau member so ok then o.o

He made KCTAU Razz
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001

coolchemist2001

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:18 pm

If you wanna respect kctau, try having a team war on DN forums. Those admins on DN are so strict you can't do anything without their permission.

Examples:
1. My team took 1 month to get accepted cuz we're beyond the max limit of members (12 or something)
2. They refused banning decks in one of my wars, even though both teams agreed to that ban.
3. That war topic is locked now due to inactivity (5 days), even though neither teams complained.

I mean, come on, I am supposed to be a DN war judge and I still don't understand why so strict.

I haven't had many wars on DN forums, but i heard that DN teams suck compared to kctau Razz .
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:54 pm

coolchemist2001 wrote:
I haven't had many wars on DN forums, but i heard that DN teams suck compared to kctau Razz .

because DN is full of noobs that just followed Yugituber hype.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:55 pm

It's true most of them do suck u_u
Back to top Go down
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:06 am

darkness evil wrote:
I actualy agree to this 100% Kctau needs so much work its not even funny

In a way that is actually the point.

You all know we well enough that there is a rant coming... lol

People in KCTAU have been ruining the forum ( not the staff ), seeing people have been spamming, trolling and flaming the place all over which leaves the natural response to other people that do not participate in these actions to leave or become inactive with their teams on it.
So if you people are looking to blame people for KCTAU's state, blame the people that trashed the place, for their own so called amusement.

I'm not even staff on KCTAU, just a judge. But im getting really tired of all the peopel claiming that the staff members are doing something wrong ( other than having too much inactive staff ). Seeing its not their fault people spamm or behave childish.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:19 am

@tdp: then the staff should ban those people. Isn't that what staff is for? Keeping order and judging? They're not keeping order apparently and since there are some inactive staff as well they could be doing better at judging too. I see your point certainly but the staff is indeed also to blame.
I agree that tau needs work. Lots of things happened so that it isn't what it used to be. People moved to DN so for a while people thought tau was unneeded. A few moved their teams to DN. Some TAU veterans left, others like tam a are busy being dn admins. People spammed too much. But even now, tau>dn team forum. With some reorganizing it can be as good as it used to be, maybe better. I got bored of teams because everyones lazy, but if we can fix tau maybe it'll be fun again. I also agree that it would be better to start after the holidays though, otherwise nothing will get done.
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001

coolchemist2001

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:38 am

I know that we regard spam as a crime, but a baseline level of spam is good in forums. If i remember correctly, kctau was most active when spamming was fully allowed (and don't get me wrong, i don't say let's fully allow it; just a bit).

Regarding current tau spam level, i think the current moderator corpse are on top of it and spamming/flaming is under control to at least an acceptible level.
Re: moving to DN. I myself was about to move my team to DN, but like i mentioned, DN war forum just sucks. Too much meaningless admin power.

Someone told me once that DN wars are official and tau ones aren't. I lol'ed. If it weren't for tau wars, DN would not know what wars are.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:54 am

coolchemist2001 wrote:
If it weren't for tau wars, DN would not know what wars are.

That made my day
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:14 am

coolchemist2001 wrote:
I know that we regard spam as a crime, but a baseline level of spam is good in forums. If i remember correctly, kctau was most active when spamming was fully allowed (and don't get me wrong, i don't say let's fully allow it; just a bit).

Regarding current tau spam level, i think the current moderator corpse are on top of it and spamming/flaming is under control to at least an acceptible level.
Re: moving to DN. I myself was about to move my team to DN, but like i mentioned, DN war forum just sucks. Too much meaningless admin power.

Someone told me once that DN wars are official and tau ones aren't. I lol'ed. If it weren't for tau wars, DN would not know what wars are.

I agree with the above post. You can't be too strict, because members will want to leave. Giving spammers some slack, but not too much should be exactly what KCTAU needs. The current staff takes care of everything as far as I'm aware(except TamA who is a lazy **** and spends all his time working like a slave for BLS&co.)
Back to top Go down
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:11 am

Chaosking wrote:
@tdp: then the staff should ban those people. Isn't that what staff is for? Keeping order and judging? They're not keeping order apparently and since there are some inactive staff as well they could be doing better at judging too. I see your point certainly but the staff is indeed also to blame.
I agree that tau needs work. Lots of things happened so that it isn't what it used to be. People moved to DN so for a while people thought tau was unneeded. A few moved their teams to DN. Some TAU veterans left, others like tam a are busy being dn admins. People spammed too much. But even now, tau>dn team forum. With some reorganizing it can be as good as it used to be, maybe better. I got bored of teams because everyones lazy, but if we can fix tau maybe it'll be fun again. I also agree that it would be better to start after the holidays though, otherwise nothing will get done.

Thing is, you are missing a huge part. The staff now and the staff then makes no difference. I mean why would a forum which holds 983 members ( including staff) need 8 admins, 6 mods and 6 judges. I will let you in on that secret answer; because the general member trashes the place, and to maintain it you need more people. Now yes in the past when the forum was one complete spammfest the staff didnt do much about it, this also has a secret answer. Whats the point when you are trying to maintain 900 people with 4 people .... simply cannot be done. You delete a post and 3 more spamm/flame topics are opened.

So yes, you could blame the staff for letting it happen, but the reason why staff lets something happen is more important.
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:19 am

kctau is doing fine tbh

i mean every now and then there's a ycs getting 30+ ppl, Ranking system is making things more fun and competitive. it's not the same activity that was a year before but that was a trend and it died out u cant just create that sorta thing.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:22 am

i believe you misunderstand me tdp. i'm not saying the staff sucks and everything's their fault. i'm merely saying it can use improvement, and making it bigger would be a major part of that improvement.
Back to top Go down
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:32 am

BliTz wrote:
kctau is doing fine tbh

i mean every now and then there's a ycs getting 30+ ppl, Ranking system is making things more fun and competitive. it's not the same activity that was a year before but that was a trend and it died out u cant just create that sorta thing.

That is as of now, but people few at KCTAU as its being a site to troll at and spam at, which is BS imo. That is why im saying what I am saying. Imo KCTAU still needs a lot of rule enforcement and penalties for it. Banning people imo is never the answer, but giving penalties to the team the person who spamms is in, might do the trick to make sure the team leaders keep their members in check. This way will also make sure KCTAU needs less staff, seeing it is overstaffed at this moment. ( also because inactive staff members ).

Chaosking wrote:
i believe you misunderstand me tdp. i'm not saying the staff sucks and everything's their fault. i'm merely saying it can use improvement, and making it bigger would be a major part of that improvement.

Making the staff bigger is something that will actually be counter productive. Seeing at this time peopel are doing all sort of things on the forum ( staff) which makes it harder for Kaizen and Jin to manage the staff. The smaller the better, for management purposes. But then we are back to spamm controle, flame control and troll control. Which needs more staff then KCTAU would normally need, which once more is complete BS imo. To need more people to keep some childish little punks in line.

So no I did not misunderstand you, I'm just looking at a bigger picture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KCTAU Situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: KCTAU Situation   KCTAU Situation Empty

Back to top Go down

KCTAU Situation
Page 1 of 1