Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeYu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons

Go down 
+2
LegendaryFrost
Amaretsu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Amaretsu

Amaretsu

Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons Empty
PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons   Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:37 am

Yu-Gi-Oh!
Pros and Cons of Your Favorite Cards
Brought to you by: DGA Magazine

For the grand opening of this segment for the brand new “DGA Magazine”, we will be discussing some of the top cards used in Yu-Gi-Oh! as the new ban list has officially arrived! Here are your cards:
1. Black Luster Soldier- Envoy of the Beginning
2. Reborn Tengu
3. Miracle Fusion
4. Dandylion
5. Caius the Shadow Monarch
6. Treeborn Frog
7. MAXX “C”
8. Lonefire Blossom
9. T.G. Hyper Librarian
10. Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
11. Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
12. Trap Dustshoot

On top of the selected cards, we will also be talking about their pros and cons. However, first we will give a brief description of each:

1. Can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 Light and 1 Dark monster from your graveyard. Also, it has two optional effects:
- Can remove from play a monster instead of attacking for the turn
- Can attack once again in a row during the Battle Phase if it destroys a monster by battle successfully.

2. If removed from the field while face-up, except by into your deck, you can Special Summon another “Reborn Tengu” from your deck.
3. A card that is used to Fusion Summon a monster by removing the Fusion Materials either from your field or from your graveyard from play.
4. If sent to the graveyard, you can Special Summon two “Fluff Tokens” (Level 1 ATK/DEF 0/0) to your side of the field.
5. If Normal Summoned successfully, you can remove from play one card from the field. If the removed card is a Dark monster, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.
6. If you control no spells and traps on your side of the field or another “Treeborn Frog”, during your Standby Phase, you can Special Summon this card from your graveyard.
7. During either player’s turn, you can discard this card from your hand to draw 1 card each time your opponent Special Summons a monster. You can only activate this card once per turn.
8. While this card is on your side of the field, you can Tribute one “Plant-Type” monster on your side of the field to Special Summon one “Plant-Type” monster from your deck.
9. While this card is face-up on the field, draw 1 card each time a Synchro monster is Synchro Summoned.
10. You can Special Summon this card from your graveyard by sending one face-up “Dark World” you control from the field to the hand except “Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World”. If this card is discarded to the graveyard by a card effect, you can destroy one card your opponent controls. If this card is discarded by your opponent, look at one random card in your opponent’s hand. If it is a monster, you can Special Summon it to your side of the field.
11. When this card is successfully Synchro Summoned, you can remove from play one card on your opponent’s side of the field, one card from your opponent’s hand, and one card from your opponent’s graveyard. The card in hand is chosen at random.
12. You can activate this card while your opponent has 4 or more cards is his or her hand. Look at your opponent’s hand and select one monster. Your opponent sends that monster back to their deck and shuffles.

Now we will begin to head to the pros and cons of each card:

1. Black Luster Soldier- Envoy of the Beginning:
PROS: It can be summoned easily. It is a strong offensive card. It has good effects. Finally, it can really help win a duel.
CONS: Can be a big waste if negated on the summon of the card or effect. Also, a bad card to have destroyed or used against you.
2. Reborn Tengu
PROS: A good defensive card and a good material.
CONS: Isn’t that strong and has an effect that can’t be used for a while. Also a bad card to have used against you.
3. Miracle Fusion
PROS: Very good for Fusion summoning.
CONS: Very bad if negated.
4. Dandylion
PROS: Very good defense and a great material.
CONS: Very weak monster.
5. Caius the Shadow Monarch
PROS: Very destructive and harmful to the opponent.
CONS: Has no side effects and can be bad to have used against you.
6. Treeborn Frog
PROS: Help for summoning and a good comeback.
CONS: The costs of the card’s Special Summoning requirements.
7. MAXX “C”
PROS: Very good for top-decking and getting good cards.
CONS: Very weak and needs luck.
8. Lonefire Blossom
PROS: Very good for pulling out good cards.
CONS: Negation and the weak statistics of the card.
9. T.G. Hyper Librarian
PROS: Very good and common booster card.
CONS: The effect can be used against him and he is easily negative.
10. Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
PROS: Very destructive and powerful card. Summoning conditions are simple.
CONS: Easy to get rid of if not supported.
11. Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
PROS: Very powerful and skillful card. It can be very damaging to the opponent.
CONS: Requirements to summon are high.
12. Trap Dustshoot
PROS: You can see the strategies your opponent might hold through this card.
CONS: Having 4 cards in the hand can be rare during duels.

There you have it! Each card is described for your thoroughly now and you now know the strengths and weaknesses of each card! For more info, please visit this website:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Now onto the interviews:

Interviews:

Question: Which of the following cards seems to be the most problematic to you?

1. LENNEL- Black Luster Soldier- Envoy of the Beginning is the biggest problem to me because my deck doesn’t run very well against him. For example, I can’t have my best monsters removed from play or get attacked too much.
2. Leo92- Reborn Tengu because I am a very offensive-type of duelist. Reborn Tengu makes a great defence during battle and it can be hard to get around at times.
3. lolzlefail- Black Luster Soldier- Envoy of the Beginning because he is quite the strong card. He is very good for finishing duels and can be a big heart-breaker for you
4. LostLegend- Treeborn Frog because it starts a lot of combos which commonly are dangerous now-a-days considering how great and powerful Yu-Gi-Oh cards have gotten.
5. yugiohgxbedst- Caius the Shadow Monarch because lots of good monsters these days are Dark and banishing monsters is not really a gain for anyone in any duel. Also, it is very destructive which I don’t like.

Question #2- What is your favourite card in this set and why?

1. LENNEL- MAXX “C” because it can REALLY help you out when you’re in trouble while your opponent is pulling out tons of combos. It can also help you make a strong comeback.
2. Leo92- Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier because I love destructive cards that aren’t against me in any way. It may seem like a hard card to get out at times, but once it is successfully on the field, it can create a great deal of damage to your opponent card-wise and Life Point-wise.
3. lolzlefail- Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World because it is simple to get out and it is one of the easiest and common ways to win a duel. Even new duelists can win duels by using his awesome effects.
4. LostLegend- Black Luster Soldier- Envoy of the Beginning because it is very destructive and has MORE than one effect which can be very helpful to the owner of the card while it’s in play. It can attack more than once when it destroys a monster and it can clear any bad monsters that seem to be in your way.
5. yugiohgxbedst- Dandylion because it is an AWESOME Synchro Material and a great card to use for combos, ESPECIALLY when it’s destroyed and the two tokens are summoned.

Well that’s all we have for you today! Thank you to all the people who helped make the list of cards for today’s article, along with the pros and cons! Also, a big thanks to those members who volunteered to have an interview with me about the following cards above! You guys are great and a big help when it comes to this stuff. If you would like to participate in this segment of the DGA Magazine and help me out a bit, please join and register on the following websites:

http://www.tdga.forummotion.com
http://www.duelingnetwork.com

Tell your friends about this magazine and please like this article for better articles, along with more segments. Here is what is coming up:

1. Yu-Gi-Oh Advice Segment
2. Yu-Gi-Oh Combo Segment
3. Yu-Gi-Oh Play-by-Play Segment
4. And more…

Again this article is brought to you by DGA Magazine. Don’t forget to also register on Dueling Network as it is our primary dueling server (if you want to contact us).

Please feel free to leave suggestions as well. To do this, simply go to this link and give a private message to Amaretsu:

http://www.tdga.forummotion.com
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons   Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:59 am

Before I comment, just a question: How do you know which segments are going to be put in the magazine?
Back to top Go down
Amaretsu

Amaretsu

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons   Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:06 am

Well, I sent a copy to Scorpion and he said this article is approved. Also, he wants the best out of this magazine so I can GUARANTEE you that the extra segments will be approved. Since this is the first article, I am just pointing out what is ahead...
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons   Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:09 am

honestly speaking this is not a very good article. You picked much too many cards in the contents and didnt go into depth for any of them. for example
Quote :
7. MAXX “C”
PROS: Very good for top-decking and getting good cards.
CONS: Very weak and needs luck.

the whole point of an article is to explain how is it good in the format. How that card is helpful in the current meta. In which decks it is good and when its not. The information is supposed to help us make us think why or why not we should play it or how to play against it. when u say very good u should say why its that good, not expect the reader to just trust u on that.

You also said "CON : this can be used against you". how's that a bad side of a card.. no good card is supposed to give your opponent the advantage. and if its hard to beat that doesn't mean its a bad card..

so im really sorry but the article is not very helpful. it'd be better if u go into depth of a few rather than just describe a alot.
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons   Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:44 am

I ll have to agree with Blitz. The article looks as if you did it fast without paying attention to the details. Nice try though i think it has room for many improvments
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons   Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 pm

I agree with the mods. I mean, you're basically telling them to take your word that these are the best cards of the format without showing them why, and without telling them how to get around those cards or ways of using them that most don't think of. It's not terrible or anything but it doesn't provide much useful information. I would focus on a few or even one next time
Back to top Go down
puddizzle

puddizzle

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons   Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:17 pm

Editing where.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons   Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons Empty

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh Card Segment: Pros and Cons
Page 1 of 1