Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGreat Maju Garzett I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great Maju Garzett

Go down 
+8
redgar
King007
TheRuler
darkness evil
TheHelixNebula
coolchemist2001
Harper7000
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:28 am

Great Maju Garzett GreatMajuGarzettDR1-EN-C-UE
so...why does no one use this? ever? even in fun creative decks? tribute a random monster with 1500 atk and he's 3000...few monsters even meet that let alone take it down. with so little backrow he has little to fear from that. tributing is a minus but so is synchroing and xyz...where's the maju love?
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001

coolchemist2001

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:49 am

Many many formats ago when i started playing YGO that was one of my favorite monsters. In fun decks I'd understand if you play him (and in extention I understand why you're surprised no one plays him), and I have to say I cursed my heavens many times when i saw it summoned against me.
However, in compatetive decks it's risky because the impact of that -1 on the summoning player is huge if your opponent has a solemn or a bottomless. Also, if i'm not mistaken, putting veiler on Garzett gives you a 0 attack beater forever. Thase cards are why even the all-time-great one-tribute-monster (aka caius) can only find itself useful in a few decks. In my opinion, tribute monsters have no place in today's meta.
Back to top Go down
TheHelixNebula

TheHelixNebula

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Used to be my favourite card lol, would sacrifice my blue-eyes white dragons for it back in the day and get close to an OTK with 6000 ATK. Super awesome card, except nowadays its too easy to stop as coolchemist2001 mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 4:55 pm

Okay Veiler is a good point, but otherwise just bc it can get bth'd or warning'd doesn't make it bad. Everything can pretty mch, and it's not any more of a minus than a synchro or fusion. Now it's not super special awesome and game breaking or anything, but I dunno, it seems like a decent card. And I see people play crap like Celtic Guardian but not this? There's got to be some otk you can make with this xD
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 5:20 pm

tribute dark gaia that has 6000 smthn attack to get this 12000 atk Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 7:52 pm

The problem with it is the fact that he does nothing except have a sweet ATK, he's a Normal Monster in all other aspects. You just minus'd yourself for a big Normal Monster, in a sense. What's he gonna do if your opponent has backrow, or even something in their hand? Nothing. Also, the fact that he doesn't have any specific support (in regards to name/archetype) make him even less useful.

In fun decks however, he's fun to use. Megamorph? lol
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
TheRuler

TheRuler

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:53 pm

like chemist said, I agree that there's no room for tribute-monsters :S
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:00 pm

this could be good in hero deck i think
Tribute Shining, u get huge ATK for this guy, and u get back 2 monsters who were banished. so u still have a back up plan Smile
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:14 am

Nah king I dont think that would work Shining would miss the timing since it's optional. But Zero is another story Razz

But still as mentioned above I doubt this guy will fit in a deck easily. If I have time I ll try to make some deck with him inside Smile
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001

coolchemist2001

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:33 am

VioletSk227 wrote:
Megamorph? lol

Would you believe that Great Maju's attack becomes 0 if equipped with Megamorph ? lol!

True story.
Back to top Go down
Vinny12

Vinny12

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:33 am

this card is very useful in a malefic/earthbound imortal deck, vs THE MNZ i tributed 1 eathbound Apu and garzett 6000 at, OTK

wlw
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 7:04 am

TheRuler wrote:
like chemist said, I agree that there's no room for tribute-monsters :S

you say this but what will that mean for steelswarms? i made a steelswarm deck and and it was able to run rather well, granted they do have support cards, but some of the support could work for garzett as well. that being said most of the tribute steelswarms have their effects active only once and its when they are tribute summoned.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Reasons why it isn't used:

Bottomless Trap Hole
Solemn Warning
***EFFECT VEILER***
Requires a sizable threat to be on field already (2000+ ATK monster)
Most cards you run in a good deck that you tribute to play him are better than GMG is.

Mostly I'd say effect veiler totally shits on any playability this card could possibly have. (Although tributing that Malefic Cyber End Dragon has always seemed pretty sweet)
Back to top Go down
Petot

Petot

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:40 pm

This is a good card in its time,,
but now is the time for cards with "Negate, Destroy, and Banish" effect,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great Maju Garzett Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Maju Garzett   Great Maju Garzett Empty

Back to top Go down

Great Maju Garzett
Page 1 of 1