Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFlying High in the Sacred Sky I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flying High in the Sacred Sky

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SabreW

SabreW

Flying High in the Sacred Sky Empty
PostSubject: Flying High in the Sacred Sky   Flying High in the Sacred Sky EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Deck Count: 42

Monsters: 18
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1x Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
1x Blackwing - Zephyrus the Elite
2x Dragunity Darkspear
3x Goblindbergh
3x Mist Valley Falcon
1x Mist Valley Shaman
1x Mist Valley Soldier
3x Sacred Crane
1x Sangan
1x Summoner Monk

Spells: 15
2x Big Bang Shot
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Mind Control
1x Monster Reborn
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Pot of Avarice
2x Pot of Duality
1x Reinforcement of the Army
2x Swallow's Nest
1x Swords of Revealing Light

Traps: 9
2x Call of the Haunted
2x Fiendish Chain
2x Icarus Attack
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Torrential Tribute

Extra:
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Blackwing Armor Master
1x Brionac Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Dark End Dragon
1x Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
1x Mist Valley Thunder Lord
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Number 34: Terror-byte
1x Number 39: Utopia

Side Deck:
2x Cyber Dragon
2x Effect Veiler
1x Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
1x Maxx "C"
2x Puppet Plant
2x Leeching the Light
1x Nobleman of Crossout
2x Smashing Ground
2x Debunk

The basic idea is to abuse Goblindbergh, Sacred Crane, and Mist Valley Falcon- particularly Mist Valley Falcon. Here's a quick run-down of how I hope the deck works.

Mist Valley Falcon, admittedly, is the heart of the deck, making combos and generating pluses with just about every card in the deck. Equipping Big Bang Shot to an opponent's monster and then bouncing the equip spell with Falcon's effect not only banishes an opponent's monster, but also initiates a replay by changing the number of monsters on the field before the attack is completed, potentially allowing for a direct attack, and generally wiping out the opponent's field fairly fast. Swords of Revealing Light helps to keep my monsters safe while also keeping my opponent's monsters face-up, at which point they can be equipped by Big Bang Shot. Call of the Haunted becomes a reusable source of recursion for any monster in my grave, which can be bounced, re-set, and activated on reaction whenever I need it to be (recurring Sacred Crane gives me draw power, recurring Mist Valley Falcon gives me more aggressive plays, recurring Sangan gives me search power since it's destroyed when Call is bounced).

Sacred Crane generates raw, awesome pluses and is wonderful fodder for Swallow's Nest and Icarus Attack. Whenever it's special summoned, I get to draw a card, granting me pluses with Goblindbergh, Monster Reborn, and Call of the Haunted. It actually becomes a very solid draw engine considering the deck's usual consistency, and the ease of bouncing and re-using the effects of Goblindbergh and Sacred Crane. If it becomes an attack target for anything with less than 2000 attack, Dimensional Prison, Bottomless, etc, I can pop it with a Swallow's Nest and get a Mist Valley Falcon to start up my silly combos and the likes, or tribute it to Icarus Attack to blow up some cards otherwise, preferably back row, since I can take down the front row so easily with Big Bang Shot.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Flying High in the Sacred Sky   Flying High in the Sacred Sky EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:59 am

this is a cool and different way to play falcon control. a few things though: safe zone>big bang shot. it does the same thing and more. max out on icarus...you can and have plenty targets so why not? bump nest up to 3 if you're going to use it, and monk up to 2 in case you draw it dead. shaman, soldier, and darkspear don't seem overly useful too me. you need warnings -.-. with that gone you probably don't need sangan. thunder kings would be awesome since this is sorta stun, and even fast decks main him sometimes this format. you also need a starlight or 2 to protect your backrow
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Flying High in the Sacred Sky   Flying High in the Sacred Sky EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:10 am

Good deck is good, but like Harper said, max out on the cards that can give u the most advantage, monk and crane work perfectly, and monk can summon falcon and immediately begin the control process, the dragunity isn't needed imo, also try an armageddon knight to quickly dump zephyros so u can use it's effect instantly to get rid of an opponent's monster and even xyz a rank 4 like shock ruler(if u bounce a s/t).
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Flying High in the Sacred Sky   Flying High in the Sacred Sky EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:21 am

Actually I wouldn't bother with Knight since you have Nest and Monk to get Zephy out. Maybe if it was more aggressive like Crane Chaos but this is more Crane/Falcon control
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Flying High in the Sacred Sky   Flying High in the Sacred Sky EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:44 am

Big Bang Shot is way better than Safe Zone. It doesn't require a turn to be set, removes from play instead of destroys the monster, and can be used to boost something like Utopia to enough attack where it can run over a bigger beat stick.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Flying High in the Sacred Sky   Flying High in the Sacred Sky EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am

But it doesn't protect your own monsters and can't be chained to mst for a plus. Also it can't be negated by things that negate destruction like stardust
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Flying High in the Sacred Sky   Flying High in the Sacred Sky EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:48 am

Personally I'd rather play a more pro-active game with Falcon than re-active, if either card bates out an MST that's a good thing, and BBS is more likely to do that on your turn (before you attack and potentially waste an MST) than Safe Zone is. And even though stardust can't negate safe zone, doesn't mean I want to send something like Hyperion or Grapha to the Graveyard.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Flying High in the Sacred Sky   Flying High in the Sacred Sky EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:17 pm

After trying to make my own version of this, I realized your deck has one glaring problem: space. Te deck idea is good but there's SO much tech that's auto-include that's it's hard to keep the card count down. Your build is 42 and it should probably be 40, and there are so many other things I'd like to include like 1-2 Starlight, and 3rd Icarus, a 3rd Nest, 2 Warnings, a 2nd Swords...urgh, it's hard to choose. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to go below 16 monsters either...hm...I'll work on it some more
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Flying High in the Sacred Sky   Flying High in the Sacred Sky EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:12 pm

hmm let me see
-2 Dragunity spear thing
me no like goblin monster i just dont like the idea of summoning a monster to summon a monster from hand seem just bad imo of course u can keep it
you could bring it down to 2-0 as u prefer cuz i never tested it out but still seems bad to me
-1SHaman i dont think you will need it at all
14 monsters like this
add 1 more monk and 1 armageddon knight and mabey a plague for synchro access

spells seem solid need to fit in a 3rd nest cuz its just to pro and u have a lot of targets and if its dead u discard it for monk mabey drop ur SoRL because ur monster is 2000 atk beater and all the others will be used for xyz summon and icarus attack for all the you wont really need the swords.

your trap line up is gd

so this deck has a lot of techs test all and see which because you wont be able to use them all so see what you like and stick with can help more than the did above so ya gd luck
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

PostSubject: Re: Flying High in the Sacred Sky   Flying High in the Sacred Sky EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:29 pm

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions so far, guys!

Harper: I knew as soon as I put this up, I was gonna get at least one person saying use Safe Zone over BBS. I was thinking about using SZ, but I think Big Bang is too good to give up. So on that note, I might take a copy of BBS out for Safe Zone, but I won't take out both copies.

Like you said, space was my main issue here. Another Swallow, Icarus, Monk and Warnings all would be good here, but what would I take out for them? Shaman and Soldier help me out with the Synchro/Xyz aspect (even though this deck doesn't really need to do that a lot). And I've found this little combo handy with Darkspear:

Call of the Haunted -> Summon Darkspear -> Darkspear into Falcon; if you already have Falcon, Darkspear into Crane -> Bounce Call -> Repeat next turn -> Hilarity ensues

Sangan is one of the best monsters in the deck (next to the aforementioned ones above). He helps me search for Goblindbergh, Monk, Darkspear, Shaman, and Gale if I don't have any of those in my hand. Rai-Oh and Starlight I didn't think to put here, but I might try them out and see how the deck works.

Frost: Like Harper said, space is the key word for this deck. So many cards that have options to be in this deck with so very little space to put there. I don't like two Summoner Monk because I don't feel I have enough "pitchable" spells to justify two of them, and one can sometimes be difficult to search out unless I draw into it or an early Sangan. It IS another Dark monster for BLS, though, and good Xyz material for Utopia.

SirFunchalot: Agreeing on the fact that Hyperion/Grapha are two of the reasons why BBS is there in the first place. I like the fact that once my opponent's boss monster(s) is gone, they STAY gone.

Darkness Evil: Darkspear and Goblinbergh help pull a Winged Beast from my Graveyard and Hand respectively. Depending on the situation, that Winged beast could be either Crane for draw power, Falcon for aggressive plays, Zephyrus to SS Gale, or Soldier/Shaman for Synchroing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flying High in the Sacred Sky   Flying High in the Sacred Sky Empty

Back to top Go down

Flying High in the Sacred Sky
Page 1 of 1