Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGracco's Dragons I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gracco's Dragons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gracco

Gracco

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Gracco's Dragons Bewdbe12

This is my Dragon deck for DN. It works pretty well but I think it could use some improvements. Any comments and suggestions would be welcome.

Updated to show my current build.

I chose to side a few of the more mentioned cards because of preference or because I do not use them as much, trap dustshoot as an example, and my side is currently experimenting with dragons with good effects that I can side in and summon with REDMD to counter a variety of different decks.

Last edited by Gracco on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:06 pm

-2 Dark Bribe (making opponent draw is bad and this card is too reactive for an aggro deck such as this)
-1 Polymerization (why piss away resources you don't have to?)
-1 Dimensional Prison (again, too reactive, and warning is better at this)
-1 Delta Flyer (2 is fine honestly)
-1 Red-Eyes Wyvern (same as above)

+1 Solemn Warning (2 is pretty standard fare now seeing as how good it is at stopping dumb cards like Hyperion and Kristya)
+1 Trap Dustshoot (gives you information of your opponent and can nail big threats like Venus and Diva)
+1 Mystical Space Typhoon (you don't want to attack into threats)
+1 Cards of Consonance (you have 6 targets, why not max this shit out?)
+1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (you should almost always run this card (especially in a deck like this that doesn't want to commit deck slots to a solid defensive trap line-up))

Other cards to consider.

Hand Destruction (it can put totem dragon in the graveyard during your standby so you can bring it right back (also drawing cards is good for combo aggro decks))
Light and Darkness Dragon (amazing with totem dragon and helps ware down your opponents resources before you go off)
Trade-In (drawing cards in combo/aggro is gooood)
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning (if you can add another dark like sangan he's probably worth the slot (also if you run trade-in worst comes to worst you can ditch him to draw 2)
Allure of Darkness (if more darks)
Sangan (its pretty great we all know)

Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:56 pm

consider adding dodger dragon
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:53 am

Seeing as how dodger only goes off on the normal summon, and it doesnt stop BTH/TT it really isn't the most helpful of cards (stops at most 3 cards in the average deck).
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:50 am

- All 6 of the cards that have anything to do with Blue-Eyes White Dragon(not needed at all)
-2 Bribe
-1 Polymerization
-3 Delta Flyer
-1 Debris Dragon
-1 REDMD
-1 Red-eyes Wyvern
-1 Akyls
-1 D-Prison(point of this is big-ass monsters not really baiting attacks)

Now since u use Ravine, time to maximize on that card

+3 Dragunity Dux
+2 Dragunity Legionnaire
+1 MST(Max it out D:)
+1 Terraforming(Ravine is key)
+ 3 Dragunity Phlanax
+3 Solemns(all of them)
+1 Foolish Burial/Hand Destruction
+1 Torrential Tribute

If u wanna push it to 41 then I suggest you add gold sarcophagus to get future fusion easier.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:53 am

Actually if he's running Ravine he shouldn't run the REDMD. Ravine has little point unless you're using Dux and Legionaire. So choose if you want to run Dragunities or Dragons and then I'll fix it for ya
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:12 am

I think you guys are sort of missing the point of the deck, which is to use ravine to dump white stone of legend to set up for combos with REDMD (at least I'm assuming what Gracco wants to do)
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:22 am

regardless, if u use ravine u shud try to max on it, don't just use it to thin deck when u run future fusion as well :S
Back to top Go down
Gracco

Gracco

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:42 am

SirFunChalot gets what the deck does, I think.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:30 am

i got it after losing to it -.-
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:57 am

Let it not be said that I'm a poor sport Razz. Imma try to help you with this now that I know what it does. I haven't run a REDMD build quite like this before, but I'll post my thoughts. One thing is or sure: you need to cut down on the number of cards. 42 is too much and even 41 isn't great. You could just cut the Bribes dice they don't do much for you with so little traps, but I think you should replace the bribes and prison with Torrential, Warning, and Dustshoot. Poly needs to go as well but I think 3 MST would make you happier for otk potential. There's a few things I'm thinking of. One, I'm not sure you should run 3 Akyls and Debris just to use for Cards of Consonance. I get it, you want a draw engine, and you had the auto include Whitestones which work really well with it. But you have Ravine and Future Fusions to dump White Stones with, not to mention it isn't terrible to set or synchro with. So I'm thinking maybe you should replace the 3 Akyls and Debris with something else. Personally, I'm not that big of a fan of Delta Flyer either. It's okay tech but not fantastic and should be used at 2 at max, and then only if you run Masked Dragons. So if you drop all of that stuff, that leaves you lots of options. You can add Masked Dragons, which I highly recommend to 1. Save ur butt, 2. Search out white stone/totem/exploder dragon for use next turn, and 3. Add consistancy. Which brings up the next one, exploder dragon. The little dude has won me games many times. Don't run more than 1 or 2 though. Prime Material Dragon is a nice card to protect from dark hole, but perhaps not necessary here as Ravine let's you move a lot faster than most dragon decks. Last but best, Koa'ki Meiru Drago. He. Is. Boss. So many monsters are dark or light. If you summon his first turn vs lightsworn, agents, dark world, or lots of other crap like that, they're screwed. It slows you down too, but if they can't get over it, they lose. If they do, you're free to special REDMD and BEWD. As a final note, I wonder if Teraforming is necessary. Sure, Ravine helps a lot more than I thought it would, but it's not like necessary for your deck to function at all, plus the room could be better used for other things or to get rid of those 2 extra cards. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Gracco

Gracco

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:59 am

Thanks. I made some changes to the deck and did some of what you said.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:01 am

Are we allowed to see the new build Razz?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:16 pm

My personal build of this (since I wanted to try it)

Monsters:22
3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
3 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
3 Malefic Stardust Dragon
3 Light and Darkness Dragon
3 Totem Dragon
3 White Stone of Legend
3 Dragunity Aklys
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

Spells:18
3 Dragon Ravine
3 Cards of Consonance
3 Trade-In
3 Advanced Draw
2 Hand Destruction
1 Heavy Storm
1 Future Fusion
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn

Extra:15
1 Daigusto Phoenix
1 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
1 Armory Arm
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Black Rose Dragon
2 Stardust Dragon
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Red Nova Dragon
1 Trident Dragon
1 Five-Headed Dragon

All of the draw power really helps with consistency. The reason I use Dragunity Aklys is because it's a dragon tuner with 1000 attack and can be searched by Dragon Ravine. I'd run a Dragunity Dux, but space is really quite tight, and it can interfere with Totem Dragon (if I ran Dragunity Dux I'd swap Dragunity Aklys for Dragunity Phalanx)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gracco's Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gracco's Dragons   Gracco's Dragons Empty

Back to top Go down

Gracco's Dragons
Page 1 of 1