Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHello everyone! I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello everyone!

Go down 
+2
King007
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm VioletSk227, but seeing how that can be a bit of a mouthful/handful/'insert communicative peripheral here'ful, you can call me VSK, Violet, Camden or Cam, or whatever fancy nickname you might come up with that you feel like labelling me as.

Besides Yugioh, I play quite a few PC/Wii titles. My main game on the Wii is Brawl. I have been playing that since Day 1 and also started competitively in 2008, going to online/offline tournaments, as well as hosting them until I moved away from Canada back in April. I mostly use King Dedede/Kirby/Metaknight, although I enjoy using a lot of the characters. I'm also from a Brawl forum, which is what my Home Forum is set to. I haven't been able to play recently because I need to clean the lens in my Wii. Oh, and I've also been playing Pokemon since I was a child, and I also play that competitively. My favourite video game overall would have to be the Pokemon Crystal, the Smash series, PSO, Cave Story, and the Ace Attorney series. Oh, and I love Mario games/ROM Hacks.

In concerns with Yugioh, I've had it around me for a very long time. I couldn't afford to buy the cards when I was younger, so I just watched my friends play, or used their cards, watched the anime, or even played the games (Eternal Duelist Soul anyone?). Around the Summer of 2009 I finally leapt myself fully back into the game with my high school buds, and they started me off with a Dinosaur deck. Considering one of my best friends of the time also ran Dinos, we had a heated rivalry, but looking back on us now, both of our decks were silly. His was focused on getting his boss monsters, and mine was building up for Tyranno Infinity. After the Gemini Structure Deck came out, I ran those for a while, but ultimately lost out to a friend that ran the same deck but with some better overall techs.

So Winter of last year (January/February 2010) I started on a Glad Beast deck, and it slowly evolved from a newbie deck, to one that topped/won locals. It lasted through a year+, but when I combined my card collection with a close friend and moved away, he kept the deck and almost all of my cards, which I didn't mind to be honest. He was moving on to better status in Yugioh, and I'm an online player now. The kept a couple of the cards from my deck, but gave away the rest to a friend that wanted to run Glads. Again, I was fine with that.

Now that I live in Thailand, like I mentioned, I play all of my games online. I could try playing Yugioh offline here, because there is a scene, but I would have to buy new card, try to break the language barrier, and ugh, I don't know if I can do that just yet.

The reason I came here is because my friend Ivan recently joined and he told me it would be a great place to find other Duelists to play, as well as to improve in general, so here I am! I just know I'm gonna like it here.

Sorry for the long intro everyone. I just felt like writing a lot. Ivan's gonna kill me. xP
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:06 am

Hi ! Welcome to DGA ! Enjoy your Self Here !! and get test soon !!

(yeah i know lots of exclamation points Razz)

! !

!!

!!
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:17 am

Long intros FTW!!! Welcome to DGA Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:43 am

Welcome here man! I like long intros Smile. I think staying online is the way to go for now. Yugioh is becoming even more of a rich man's game than it already was
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:19 am

Welcome to DGA Smile

and you should start playing IRL Smile I looked at profile infos and I see you live in Thailand. in the ocg, the cards are not that expensive as in the TCG and the OCG format is cool right now, they dont have tengu and tourguides so the gamer is still cool, not like here :S
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:43 am

Oh yeah, didn't think about that. Play ocg Razz
Back to top Go down
RYOKO

RYOKO

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:54 am

RYOKO and her crew!! would like to welcome VioletSk227 to DGA Wink

We hope you injoy your stay with us, and like Scorpion67 and Harper7000 mentioned OCG is quite nicw at the moment Laughing
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Thanks everyone! I probably will try to get into the OCG sometime soon, seeing as how it's really inexpensive in comparison to TCG.

Yay, I already feel welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Main :: Introductions-
Jump to: