Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCode of Conduct. I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Code of Conduct.

Go down 
+2
Stardust Dragon
The_Dutch_Prince
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

Code of Conduct. Empty
PostSubject: Code of Conduct.   Code of Conduct. EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:22 am

The Code of Conduct

Today you will read an article that is highly different from all my other articles. This is not because I have lost interest in the actual game or that I think I am unable to support you with fresh looks on the state of the game we all like to play. This article is all about the players playing the game and how the players act in our small scale and large scale communities.
I already hear people think, oh… here comes The_Dutch_Prince with his psycho babble and to be honest these people aren’t mistaken. I will talk about the common code of conduct between players and real life communities and compare them to the players in Yu-Gi-Oh.

Now before I start with my point of view regarding on how people act in communication programs over the internet and even on forums, I will let those who are not familiar with these people give some insight into the most favorite word/phrase choices of these people. So here they come:

1. Gay/fag/Homo
2. Fuck
3. Shit
4. U mad bro?
5. Sexual content ( this is forbidden on this forum, therefore I won’t use the phrases people use)
6. Noob/nab/nub whatever
7. Smd ( sexual content, but I guess most of you can guess what it is )
8. Family insults

In my opinion when people use these phrases, meant as a joke or not, are already showing incompetence by using such phrases. A rather simple example; You walk down the street from school/work to home and a guy runs into you and says “Hey man, you’re a noob dude, smd”. What would be your response. Now I guess the more civilized people among you would say; “good for you, now be gone”, and ignore the guy. I myself would probably hit the guy senseless for his disrespectful attitude, and I know there are a lot of people that would the exact same thing. Now why do we see this on a regular bases over the internet and on communication programs. Simple said, because we cannot see each other.

Now the most important thing here is why would these people use such phrases. My conclusion is because these people want to be cool, since they probably have been the kid that got bullied in school and actually do not have the guts to stand up for themselves in real life. This itself is something sad in my opinion, obviously that kids get bullied on in school or anywhere for that matter, but also that these kids are copying the behavior they hate. So why are they doing it again, oh…yea to act cool and actually to think they are cool. Well let me tell you the difference between being cool and acting cool; You are cool when you can ignore people like that and remain doing the stuff you like to do ( while not hurting other people feelings ). When you are acting cool, you do the exact opposite. But some of these people are not doing it for this reason, some of the people that are using phrases like I mentioned above are actually trying to stand out, since they once again haven’t been able to realize that in their real lives and what better way is there to stand out than to act differently. Seeing this “strategy” worked great for the first few people doing this, other people have been copying this behavior again and thus you have more people like that.

A thing that amazes the most is that most of the people I have been addressing to in this article are actually youngsters ( note that I wrote youngsters and NOT gangsters lol ). Why does that amaze me, well let me tell you something. As long as these youngsters can behave like that online ( while online life slowly but surely gains more interest and impact in and on their normal lives ) they will slowly but surely act this way in their normal lives as well. What the end result of that would be isn’t pretty I can tell you that much.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t have fun while being on the internet or playing a game or even just chatting with people in a community communication program, but making jokes or trolls like these aren’t funny at all, since they have serious consequences. I know people are going to say; “You’re one to talk, you troll people sometimes just like the rest of us”. Shamefully enough I have to admit that, thus the more reason to something about it. I mean, if someone like myself would be dragged into such behavior where does it end.
People are losing the common respect for authority and rules/laws. We have seen this happen in KCVDS ( people cheating a game in which we can only win some reputation ). If these people are transforming into cheating machine’s where will it stop, in online life or will they keep on pushing the borders of our online communities and slowly hit the real life communities with their so called innocent crimes.

With this I would like to rest my case, hopefully some of you will understand what I mean.

The_Dutch_Prince.
[i]
Back to top Go down
Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

Code of Conduct. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct.   Code of Conduct. EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:35 am

True ,pretty good article there i read all of it and that's why they say "Monsters aren't born, They are created from other monsters" , some jokes can be taken seriously and turn out bad , some jokes are offensive and shouldn't be used as a joke
Don't think since this is some kind of online life doesn't mean it won't effect u in real life , it will gradually

i'm pretty sure u didn't need this since u explained it much better

keep it up Smile
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

Code of Conduct. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct.   Code of Conduct. EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:08 am

I really enjoyed reading ur article coz it speaks of things really happening and trying to figure out why and how to deal with it, really cool ! Keep them coming !

An advice that i would give is : when u meet some body on internet who is patient and has good morals, do congrasulate him for his great attitude, the more u do it the more of these people will be !

Once, i dueled with a guy and summoned Obelisk, he used mirror force, i didn't agree that obelisk will be dead, so he gave me an article in yugiwikia, while i'm reading that article, an error message popped up ! teling me the browser is going to close ! so i click ok, and think that the browser just got closed.

Then i go bring some food and come back, and to my surprise the browser is still open and the guy is still there waiting after 5mins !!! I mean come on !! 5 MINUTES !!

And he didn't even say any bad comments, but actually he told to please do the proper ruling he gave me in the article !

When i finished dueling i thanked him for his patience and he was happy !

So ... That's it, good words and morals even against bad behavious are the usually the best solution instead of hitting each other and getting into war !
Back to top Go down
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

Code of Conduct. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct.   Code of Conduct. EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 9:37 am

Glad to see some people agree with me on this matter. You guys should try and keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Code of Conduct. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct.   Code of Conduct. EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 am

People are already starting to do this in real life, at least in my country. People just have no respect anymore and use cussing as a comma basically. Even I get sucked in sometimes. Surely we can do better than this. Hate is not going to solve hate
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

Code of Conduct. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct.   Code of Conduct. EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:41 pm

you forgot gfys

loljk good shit stuff
Back to top Go down
vem123

vem123

Code of Conduct. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct.   Code of Conduct. EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:02 am

Placido wrote:
lolumadbro? what is this shit about? Lol fuck ur mom and then cum smd nub and then gfys!! Then you can talk to me nab. See? I am cool

Reaction of an extremelly mature and wise person to this article.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Code of Conduct. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct.   Code of Conduct. Empty

Back to top Go down

Code of Conduct.
Page 1 of 1