Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFlamevell Firedog I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flamevell Firedog

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

Flamevell Firedog Empty
PostSubject: Flamevell Firedog   Flamevell Firedog EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:20 pm

this may be the wrong section for what i am about to ask, but what ways are there to keep flamvell firedogs effect from going off. or more specificall the scenario is:

my opponents flamvell firedog attacks and destroys my monster, what card can i use at that moment to negate the summon the flamevell that is being special summoned through firedogs effect. i would think solemn, but since its during daamage calculation, i was told before that magics and traps cannot be activated during damage calc or damage step unless stated on the card.

can someone clear this up for me
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

Flamevell Firedog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flamevell Firedog   Flamevell Firedog EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Solem Warning/Divine Warth are Counter Traps, they can be actived in any sub-step of Damage Step. Like you use Warning to negate Mystic Tomato or Shining Angel or you use Divine Wrath to negate Honest.

BTW, Flamvell Firedog's effect active in sub-step 7 of Damage Step (end of Damage Step), not sub-step 4 of Damage Step (damage calculation).

Last edited by Magicknight94 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

Flamevell Firedog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flamevell Firedog   Flamevell Firedog EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Solemn Warning, Divine Wrath, Black Horn of Heaven etc.
Cards that you can activate in dmg step are cards that changes the atk value of a monster like: Shrink, Forbidden Lance, Forbidden Chalice etc. And on the top of that counter trap is anytime except that solemn judgment can't negate firedog eff so you might as well solemn when its summon. Smile Hope it helps
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Flamevell Firedog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flamevell Firedog   Flamevell Firedog EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:05 pm

ok so one person says i can solemn the special summoned monster and another says that it cant be solemned.

with the effect going through at the end of the damage step, what options would that leave me as far as either negating the effect or even negating the special summon.

i basically want a way to stop the effect one way or another. or any card that can chain to the effect to negate the special summon or effect
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

Flamevell Firedog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flamevell Firedog   Flamevell Firedog EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:09 pm

You mean Solemn is Solemn Judgment or Solemn Warning?

Solemn Judgment CANNOT negate effect that summon of Flamevell Firedog, Mystic Tomato, Shing Angel, etc.

Solemn Warning CAN.

If you use Warning to negate Mystic Tomato, etc, it only negate Mystic Tomato's effect, the monster that Tomoto would summon is safe in Deck.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Flamevell Firedog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flamevell Firedog   Flamevell Firedog EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:09 pm

ok well why would solemn judgement not be able to negate it and solemn warning can?

also aside from the solemn cards, what other cards could be used to chain to firedogs effect?
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

Flamevell Firedog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flamevell Firedog   Flamevell Firedog EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:19 pm

Solemn Judgment cannot negate monster's effect, it can only negate Spell/Trap/Summon, you know, so it cannot negate effect of Dog/Tomato/etc.

Warning can negate effect of those can.

Neither Judgment/Warning can negate summon from those effect, because summon happen when effect resolve, NOTHING can be actived when another effect are resolving.

Divine Wrath is the best card, but you can try Chivalry, it is good too. Or you can use Hearald the Perfection, Light and Darkness Dragon, etc.
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

Flamevell Firedog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flamevell Firedog   Flamevell Firedog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:16 am

Like Magicknight said Smile
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Flamevell Firedog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flamevell Firedog   Flamevell Firedog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:21 am

Just use chilvary and make ur opponent go O.o
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Flamevell Firedog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flamevell Firedog   Flamevell Firedog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:25 am

black horn of heaven can only negate inherent summons so it can't negate firedog's effect haha

but yea pretty much what everyone else said works =b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flamevell Firedog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flamevell Firedog   Flamevell Firedog Empty

Back to top Go down

Flamevell Firedog
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums :: Rulings Questions-
Jump to: