Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHalfway Absence I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halfway Absence

Go down 
+2
Vongola-x
Harper7000
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Halfway Absence Empty
PostSubject: Halfway Absence   Halfway Absence EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:59 am

Well peoples, lately I've had a severe lack of free time. As most of you know, I had ACL reconstruction surgery on my knee, so I've been going to therapy three days a week. Not only that, but I'm supposed to do the exercises they taught me 2-3 times a day, and tbh I want to do it even more often. It's gotten to the point where i've been inactive so long, I don't have much muscle anymore (wheras I lifted weights and was fairly well built before). I haven't been able to work out seriously since I tore my knee in December, and my healing progress is coming along so that I can actually start to push myself now. I'll be off crutches soon, some of the stiffness is gone, so right now I want to focus more and more on exercising my leg so I can at last get back to normal. I'm tired of having to accept the fact that a well-built teenage girl could whip my butt right now in a fight. I know that's silly, it takes time to heal, but it doesn't change my impatience, especially since I was getting so far in martial arts before I tore my knee.

Also, I'd already been having trouble hacking through my workload of school before the incident...now, after that 2 week period of not being able to do anything whatsoever, I'm even MORE behind...
I think I told a few of you this too: many times when I post, it's off my iPod touch, which has mobile Internet. My sisters do school on the computer, and somewhat recently both of their laptops died so they have been using mine. Also my dad has recently cracked down more on not wanting me on the internet so much (not like I can do anything else though -_-)

All factors considered, that leaves me with apporximately 30 minutes during the day when I can be online on my laptop. And that's not nearly enough. I have to duel like 3 different people for wars and tournaments right now, and all of them I am past deadline for. Don't worry, I will finish what I've started, but if you need to duel me, you're going to have to be patient with me and set up a specific time for us ti duel, otherwise it's not going to happen. The wars and tourneys I will see through include:
ADA Tag Team Tournament #1
ADA vs ARC War
IL vs IL war
DGA vs NDA war (they won't need me though bc I'm 8th in the lineup)

Since i'm homeschooled and right now since i have various catch-up work to do, and therefore not a set schedule, I suppose I could say that I'd finished school for the day and be online longer...but it's at that point where it's like: do I be active at playing children's card games, or do I finish school? Priorities prevail. I will still be active, but as I said before it will almost always from my iPod touch, so no more dueling for a while. Until futher notice, you cannot rely on me for wars, and I will not participate in tournaments, I will finish up what I started and not start any new ones. Sorry
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Halfway Absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfway Absence   Halfway Absence EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:10 pm

will miss your activeness, get better soon Sad
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Halfway Absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfway Absence   Halfway Absence EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:07 am

Thats a huge lost for DGA Sad
Well hope you be back soon. Take care bro !

Edit : Hey does that means that you wont continue the DGA Chronicles :O
Back to top Go down
Supreme_King

Supreme_King

Halfway Absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfway Absence   Halfway Absence EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:39 am

Scorpion67 wrote:
Edit : Hey does that means that you wont continue the DGA Chronicles :O
The guy has issues with his knee and that's what you have to say? xD jk, I know you care for him as much as we all do.
Hope you will feel better soon Harper, make sure to heal as fast as possible, I've been sick once for only 2 weeks and I was driven MAAAAAADDDDDD about the laying around you have to do -_-
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Halfway Absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfway Absence   Halfway Absence EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:45 am

Hurry up and get back on your feet man! If you don't, I'm climbing in YOUR window Razz
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Halfway Absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfway Absence   Halfway Absence EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Well like I said I will still kinda be here, so you'll see me post around. I just don't have time to duel, and I will be less active. I'll still keep up with the DGA Chronicles but it may not be every week anymore. The leg is already better than it was when I posted this the other day. I'm beginning to be able to walk, even without the brace. Bending is at 90 degrees. It will just take time, and I need to focus on school in my spare time. But I might pop in on vds every once in a while too for a friendly duel, depends on how busy the day is
Sk: yeah, after surgery, the first 2 weeks was terrible. I couldn't move if I tried bc it hurt so much Sad
Frost: uh oh, better hide my kids and hide my wife xD
everyone: thanks a lot for your support, it makes me happy tht I've made friends here who support me even outside yugioh haha
Back to top Go down
SabreW

SabreW

Halfway Absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfway Absence   Halfway Absence EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:36 pm

It's cool that you're getting better, Harper. Just don't rush it. No sense in re-breaking what you just got fixed up. Laughing

Seriously though, they say time heals all wounds. Let Time Wizard do his job and heal your knee right so you can come back strong. XD
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Halfway Absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfway Absence   Halfway Absence EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:00 am

my computer died and it's in the computer hospital, and i lost my ipod so i'll be even more inactive -.-. i'll try to think of some more ideas for dga while i'm gone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halfway Absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfway Absence   Halfway Absence Empty

Back to top Go down

Halfway Absence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Other Forums :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: