Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTech of the Week #1 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech of the Week #1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Tech of the Week #1 Empty
PostSubject: Tech of the Week #1   Tech of the Week #1 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:07 am

I know Scorpey made these some time ago and I really enjoyed them so let Gatsu continue the series Wink:

Tech of the Week #1 X5edzd

Tech of this Week: Book of Moon

With all the floating monsters running around, namely Dante, Winda and Construct, this card seems subpar,right? Book of Moon is still as versatile as ever. It's main uses this format are the stoppage of Xyz summons and shutting off Winda's anti-special summon effect. You can also re-use your Shaddoll flip effects.

The real kicker is this play though:
Let's say you control a face-up Xyz monster and your opponent is about to activate Shaddoll Fusion and send fusion materials from his deck to the graveyard to summon either Winda or Construct. You chain Book of Moon. Your monster is now not treated as summoned from the Extra Deck and your opponent is left with 2 options: He either has to perform a regular Fusion summon, which will often be subpar, because he was caught by surprise, or let Shaddoll Fusion fizzle.

The card was mained by 5 players out of the top 16 of ARGCS Indy and while it seems to be suboptimal on the surface, it definitely has potential and you should give it a second look.
Back to top Go down

Tech of the Week #1
Page 1 of 1