Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLook Ma, No Hand! I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Look Ma, No Hand!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Look Ma, No Hand! Empty
PostSubject: Look Ma, No Hand!   Look Ma, No Hand! EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:11 am

Look Ma, No Hand! Darksigner3

Deck: Infernity Synchro
Tier: 2

Spoiler:

Monsters: 14

3x Infernity Archfiend
3x Infernity Necromancer
2x Summoner Monk
2x Stygian Street Patrol
1x Dark Grepher
1x Armageddon Knight
1x Infernity Avenger
1x Infernity Mirage

Spells: 11

2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Infernity Launcher
1x Foolish Burial
1x Reinforcement of The Army
1x Book of Moon
1x Mind Control
1x One For One

Traps: 15

3x Infernity Barrier
2x Infernity Break
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
2x Fiendish Chain
2x Torrential Tribute
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Solemn Warning
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Dark Bribe

Extra: 15

1x Void Ogre Dragon
1x Hundred-Eyes Dragon
1x Infernity Doom Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Stygian Sergeants
1x Balmung, Fighter From The Underworld
2x Lavalval Chain
1x Diamond Dire Wolf
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1x Number 66 - Master Key Beetle
1x Number 16 - Shock Master
1x Leviair The Sea Dragon
1x Wind-Ups Zenmaines

Side: 15

3x Deck Lockdown
3x Imperial Iron Wall
3x Eradicator Epidemic Virus
2x Gozen Match
2x Tour Guide of the Underworld
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Trap Stun

There are 3 basic kinds of Infernity Decks. Avenger, Beetle, and XYZ. The XYZ only version may be slightly more consistent, but aside from first turn Shock Master absolutely destroying Dragons and severely harming Prophecy, there are no huge plays if you limit yourself to only XYZ in the extra. I feel like I waste valuable cards like Launcher just for a little XYZ spam that is unprotected. When you loop synchros however you're protected by Barriers and Breaks and by 3000 beatsticks that also negate stuff. Even when you don't have all your pieces and can only make a level 5, Sergeants hurts a lot, even if he only lasts a turn. It's worth running a possible dead draw of ONE Archfiend and ONE Mirage imo. I've never understood Beetle ever since Launcher was limited and especially now that Trish and Brio are both banned. Your level 8 options are much more boss like. While you can synch into Gaia and then synch into a level 8 it just wastes extra space and is a dead draw if you draw 2 Beetle.

Now that that's out of the way, it was still hard to narrow down tech. Extra deck space is tight like you wouldn't believe, but I think I have the best combination of things I need. No loop without Brio, so you don't need 2 HED unless you run 2 Mirage. I don't see much point in that. I like having 1, but an extra search isn't worth an extra spot in main and extra and possible dead Mirage in hand. I didn't run Doom for a long time but I've found I need him to keep Barriers live, and even if I don't, the opponent can go off in MP2 after destroying Archfiend in battle, especially if they chained max to me exploding last turn. Once I explode, I want to win. If they can get around my locking after I explode and explode themselves, then I've wasted my time and valuable cards like Launcher. Therefore he absolutely deserves a spot in the extra. Scrap is tech but I use him for 2 reasons: I can make him easily, and an experienced player will know to beat Infernity you make them clog their field. If I can't set anything, all my Barriers are dead and all my monster effects cannot activate. That's where Dire Wolf comes in, but Scrap does so in a better fashion and I've not so far been able to make 2 Dire Wolf. Might exchange Balmung for Arm for Sergeant shenanigans. Key Beetle is good, even better game 2 when I side continous spells and traps and he's an EEV target. All cards I have not mentioned I believe to be absolute extra deck staples in the build I run. The second Chain COULD come out but there have been several times I wished I had a second one, and if it gets BTH'd, Solemned, CED'd, Veiler'd, or a myriad of other things before getting his eff off, sometimes you have to just scoop.

The main is similarly crowded. I'd kind of like to run Upstarts but there's not 3 cards I want to take out. Bribe isn't necessary but it's good for first turn protection against heavy before Barrier is live. Also it stops ANYTHING so that's a plus. Most people don't run Call but it gets me out of awkward situations and it's rarely dead. Same with Mind, not very popular with people but it can fix weird hands. Also I might tech 1 Transmodification. It too can fix bad hands early game. A random Necromancer in hand can turn into an Archfiend which lets you search, offsetting the minus, letting you grab something helpful, and setting up a Necromancer in grave

I'll go over some matchups.

Dragon Rulers: Fun matchup. By fun I don't mean it's fun when I streamroll the crap out of them. It's a tough matchup. But it's not impossible, and unfairness-wise, it's fairly straightforward. By unfairness I mean I'm not locking them out of the game with Macro, emptiness, Iron Wall, Ophion, or stuff like that, and nor are they with me. It's a race to see who can OTK first. Dragons have the advantage of far better consistency, and I have the advantage of traps to counter them, as well as a better game 2 advantage. Even when I blow up and have Void Ogre, Doom, and a few of Barriers and Breaks, you still have to be really, really good at this deck to know what to negate with Barrier and even when to explode. And for God's sake, cover your ass, don't make a Void Ogre if you know it's going to be Big Eye'd. I like this deck because it takes a lot of thought before making your plays, and because it is so unconventional and far outside my comfort zone in playstyle. It makes me a much better player, and the Dragon matchup pushes your skill to the max. A word to the wise: Shock Master is worth it, especially game 1. They can do nothing for 3 turns. With Infernity, 3 turns of nothing=gg

Prophecy: Good matchup. It is a toolbox deck, but a combo deck it is not. As long as you can do the fairly standard explosion ending with a 3k beater or 2 and some Barriers and/or Breaks, you win. Negate anything important *cough*Fate*cough* and attack them directly next turn, and that's about it. They have no defense whatsoever. Sometime you can get horrible hands and take a while to set up, but luckily Prophecy is slow paced. Just don't give them anything important to kill until you can otk. Game 2, they just have no chance unless you draw really bad. Kill them as fast as you can. Shock Master is almost as useful here as it is against Dragons.

Evilswarm/Constellar: The worst matchups. Even over Dragons. It's not auto lose every time, but while the Dragon matchup is an epic test, these matchups are just them going into Ophion/Pleiades first turn and setting stuff then going "Lolfuckyou". I want to add a Cowboy and side against them just for that reason. Of course, if you go first and open broken, or even decent, with enough traps to hold them off, you can still win. But it's not fun at all to be shut out of the game.

Mermails: Very similar matchup to Dragons, they too are monster heavy, a combo deck, make rank 7 easily, and plus randomly. It's even harder to know what to Break or Barrier with them, but they're also not as broke as Dragons

Fire Fist: Almost always an easy matchup. Just as long as you're patient. Play their little advantage game with traps and hopefully your drawn 1800 beater, then when most of their traps are used up, then you can explode and beat them. They have very few options once you explode, anything they do have is easily countered by Barriers and Breaks.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Props?
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Look Ma, No Hand! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look Ma, No Hand!   Look Ma, No Hand! EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:47 am

Glad you post this, especially because it's insightful. I wanted to try out the deck myself and will use this as a starting point.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Look Ma, No Hand! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look Ma, No Hand!   Look Ma, No Hand! EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Glad I could help Smile.

This deck just got better this format. The Dragon and Mermail matchups are better, even, dare I say, slanted in my favor now? Only time will tell there. Prophecy still get trounced. Fire Fist and other such stunny things aren't too hard to pick apart if you know what you're doing. Constellar and Evilswarm though are as tough as ever, and while they aren't tougher now, they will be seeing more play than they already were. So it's important to be prepared.

That said, Cowboy is needed now. I just can't stand not having outs to Ophion. Might even side Temtempo just for when I side in TGU's. By the time it's my turn Ophion will only have 1 material (bc who wouldn't search Pandemic?) so it makes Ophion go "Oh fuck I can't negate shit anymore." Then Necromancer will be in your grave too, and you know where to go from there. Scrap will probably be the one to come out for Cowboy, though I don't want him to. Other options would be Key Beetle or Maestroke. I love both of them and they're easy to make but they don't see much play believe it or not. Also reconsidering the level 9 option now that Trish is back. HEAVILY considering it. Even considering the Beetle version, which I don't like. Transmodify IS way better there. Summon Beetle, tribute for 2 Beetles, Transmodify one for a Necromancer, summon an Archfiend from grave=Trish+Launcher which turns into more synchro shoukans.

Also, I keep jumping between a teched Bribe and a teched Transmodification in this version. They both have good uses. For this format I think I'll keep Bribe though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Look Ma, No Hand! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look Ma, No Hand!   Look Ma, No Hand! Empty

Back to top Go down

Look Ma, No Hand!
Page 1 of 1