Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homemy little rant I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my little rant

Go down 
+3
holykhayos
Scorpion67
j0hnb0i
7 posters
AuthorMessage
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

my little rant Empty
PostSubject: my little rant   my little rant EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:39 am

i miss the old days......

back before DN was around and we had to use KCVDS and Hamachi to duel each other. back then there weren't always over 6000+ people online at a time. there weren't a lot of players but the quality of the players was so much better. KCVDS users appreciated the ability to duel online and be able to use cards that they couldn't get irl. They had respect for the other online duelists and also for the game itself.

if one of us made a ruling mistake we would discuss it with each other and show rulings and come to a conclusion from what we had. i never had to deal with someone telling me to "learn my rulings", call me a noob and then just rage quit when he didn't agree with something i said i can do.

academies were thriving with players from around the world. all of them active with tournaments, events, competitions and everyone wanted to be a part of them. players got tested, did not complain about what rank they got and actually became close to others in the same dorm as them. they would find each other online and duel for fun or just to have a nice chat. now i seen people get mad that they didn't get the dorm they wanted and become inactive. i see events get posted but nobody wants to compete. i see shops open but nobody wants to get points so they can buy things. i see staff members working hard and then give up when other members or staff don't want to work with them.

the quality of the players now, both online and irl, is so different from back in the day. i start to get frustrated when i look back and remember how much fun i used to have playing this game. on KCVDS i would be online every day joining dozens of Ham nets and meeting new people so i can play as much as i can. on DN and at my local shop i have no motivation to play any randoms or play in the tournament. It’s one of the reasons that i became a judge.

It’s hard to find the good quality players in this sea of duelists. maybe they've all noticed the same things i did and just decided that they didn't want to deal with it anymore. i love how fast and easy it is to use DN but if players don't learn to appreciate this game and the people involved in it then i wouldn't mind going back to KCVDS.

Quality Over Quantity
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

my little rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: my little rant   my little rant EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Thios deserves a +1000. I miss those old days with the KC comunity too. I remember when dueling for your home academy was really important, actualy some of us made our reputation in those wars beating an entire war team alone Smile but the game was different back then.

Reading this rant I realised something tho, people didn't lost respect for each other, people lost respect for the game. Yugioh is not the same game we used to play back in the days. The constant effort of konami to simplify everything to make this game easier for scrubs is not helping. I mean scrubs are not toping locals or big events because the game is simplify but good players are losing to 2 card combos otk now because of that. Skills are not involved no more, the card avantage is not a must to win games, otk's are not impressive no more they are generic.... there is too many things I could say about the actual meta game but this is just a post not an article XD

Good job Johneh
+1 Wink
Back to top Go down
holykhayos

holykhayos

my little rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: my little rant   my little rant EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Hmm...considering I'm a brand-spanking new player, I probably view DN differently from most of the older YGO players. DN obviously has a lot of trolls/haters/noobs, soI can definitely see the points being made.
However, having nothing to really compare DN to, I don't really know if there is a "better" way to play yugiohs, so to speak.

So if you guys ever decide to shift back, I'll probably tag along and bother you there too. [and probably reserve judgment about DN until then]
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

my little rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: my little rant   my little rant EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Actually, DN is probably the best free, online dueling engine out of all of the ones that i've tried. and i'm almost willing to downgrade to a different system to get away from these people haha
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

my little rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: my little rant   my little rant EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 am

Hmm. This hits the nail on the head. With the availability of Dn came a new stage for duelists and the shift away from academies began. I was around post KC golden age but i was able to see the wonder that is being part of this academy. But its become a more uphill battle now that ego have gotten so inflated and decks have gotten m,ore derpy and people are less open to suggestions.

Though my activity may falter here. I still love this academy and learned leaps and bounds from this collect of people.
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

my little rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: my little rant   my little rant EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:53 am

New people will pester you when you try to play fair cause they don't even know how to properly play the game yet, and they're not even sure they will learn anyway, so why bothering, just insult the opponent, go offline and play sth else.
Advanced players develop an incredibly huge ego that will pester you when they lose, or laugh at your face when they win. Won't start talking about ruling discussions cause it's pointless.

That means, of the huge bunch of online people, only veterans (not all...sadly) or those who just love the game, are the ones you wish to duel.

Ofc you always find trolls/morons but that's not the real issue.

New people start playing this game with a wrong idea of how yugioh was or should be now. I remember when I started playing online, BW or Hopeless Dragon format I think (still KCVDS). I remember seeing new decks pop up every godam day, and even when I had to face meta, I had fun.
Now I just face new players using mermail, Wind Up, doing one single combo, only one they know ofc, the one they learned to end up the game asap after drawing 2 cards. You ruin it for them with so much ease then they harass you, they get mad, then quit.

Fuck strategy, let's just draw the 2 cards you need and win by executing the only play you learned.

Yu-Gi-Oh is just, so fucked up, lol.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

my little rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: my little rant   my little rant EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Love the post,
Hate to admit it, but yes , YGO is better than ever, in popularity,
BUT YES ; i hate HUMAN CONTACT more than ever!!!!!
players are more trolls than ever, and they see it as a good thing
and DuDE!!!!! DN?????? , i rather play YGOPRO NO HUMAN CONTACT WHATSOEVER

almost no people knew that thanks to KCVDS, i was selected as one of the testers for DN. when the link didnt had a name. they were a bunch of Numbers i think is called an IP address, dont really know. i was sooo excited about it, i think i posted here the first day the Guy with the name Black Luster soldier Told us, to spread the word. NOW if i cant access YGOPRO i rather, dont play YGO online, cuz omg DN is such a headache

I dont really know what is to be in a Clan, not Wars cuz due to my Life/work/ and other responsabilities i cant Really have an schedule to be playing online, but damn im in a worse scenario than u guys, im not enjoying the game as much as i used to.

The game is simpler. The players are idiots. i had to wait for an admin to explain a player with 1091 EXP the difference between RANK and Level and why chidori could still attack even if he flipped gravity Bind. So yeah, YGO aint Dying. i think OUR TIME and Our GAME Died already
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

my little rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: my little rant   my little rant EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:25 pm

nerolwo wrote:
NO HUMAN CONTACT WHATSOEVER

That sounds creepy as hell.XD

nerolwo wrote:
So yeah, YGO aint Dying. i think OUR TIME and Our GAME Died already

Agreed, it's like a whole different game compared to the old one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my little rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: my little rant   my little rant Empty

Back to top Go down

my little rant
Page 1 of 1