Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLoto's Deck Analysis: KMG I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG Empty
PostSubject: Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG   Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 3:47 am

*I made this Article back in November for a different academy and made some edits to make it a little more professional. I also felt I should post it here as well for those who are new to the metagame and/or not used to seeing this deck (though I'm sure a lot of players have). Enjoy*

With the format opening the meta up and the introduction of new cards and deck ideas, the metagame has stepped up and increased the number of decks doing well, as well as brought back a couple decks (Gravekeepers and Agents in particular). This will be my first article in a long time (well, a long ass time technically since I've been gone since...idk well over a year? lol) so hope it's not so bad...

My first deck analysis will be on a deck that had won a YCS in Providence, RI if I remember correctly; Karakuri Geargia (KMG)

I have played with this deck several times online, and it's pretty good once it gets its formula/strategy going; I will go over some of the key components and how they mesh together in the deck.

First off will be a Geargia monster that really gets the search portion going...Geargiarmor

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG 300px-Geargiarmor-REDU-EN-SR-1E
Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. When this card is flipped face-up: You can add 1 "Geargia" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Geargiarmor".
This card is what starts the deck off most of the time. The best way (and obvious in my book lol) is to set it and let your opponent try to attack it; if they choose to set a monster instead of summon and attack; it allows you to flip summon it on your next turn which will trigger its effect since it is flipped face-up, allowing for any Geargia monster, except itself, to be added to your hand from the deck; which usually leads to having this card added as a result of armor's effect...

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG 300px-Geargiaccelerator-REDU-EN-C-UE
If you control a face-up "Geargia" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in face-up Defense Position. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Geargia" monster in your Graveyard, except "Geargiaccelerator"; add that target to your hand.

With the ability of being special summoned to the field in Defense position when you control a geargia monster, such as Geargiarmor or even itself, this card is handy for getting out either xyz or synchros with the use of the Karakuri tuners...

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG 300px-Geargiarsenal-REDU-EN-R-1E
This card gains 200 ATK for each face-up "Geargia" monster you control. You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Geargia" monster from your Deck, except "Geargiarsenal", in face-up Defense Position.
This card is a nice touch to the deck; its ability to gain 200 ATK for each Geargia monster the player controls (including itself) makes it a good beatstick with enough Geargia monsters (starts off with 1700 ATK); its second effect to tribute itself to special summon a Geargia monster in face-up defense makes it even sweeter, allowing you to pull out that needed armor to get the search power going Very Happy

Now to talk about the Karakuri side of the deck...

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG 300px-KarakuriNinjamdl919Kuick-STOR-EN-C-UE
This card must attack if able. When this face-up card is selected as an attack target, change its battle position. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, select 1 Level 4 or lower "Karakuri" monster in your Graveyard, and Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position.

Kuick can help set things up for a push in crucial points of the game, especially when it destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the graveyard, triggering its special summon ability to bring any level 4 or lower Karakuri monster from the grave to the field in defense (nishi/saizan recycler? lol) to set up more synchro or xyz summons.

^some people don't seem to like using Kuick in KMG decks, but I personally like it for the above reasoning

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG 300px-KarakuriWatchdogmdl313Saizan-STOR-EN-C-UE
This card must attack if able. When this face-up card on the field is selected as an attack target, change its Battle Position. When you take Battle Damage from a battle involving this card, all face-up "Karakuri" monsters you control gain 800 ATK and DEF until the End Phase. While this card is in face-up Attack Position, it cannot be destroyed by battle.
Saizan isn't exactly the most useful Karakuri in the bunch, but hey, with 1800 DEF it can hold up somewhat, and it's a Level 4 tuner, so it's a surefire way to get some Level 8 syncs or help get Rank 4 xyz...more for the use of quick syncing in my book though I'm sure others would disagree lol

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG 300px-KarakuriStrategistmdl248%22Nishipachi%22STBL-EN-C-1E
This card must attack if able. When this face-up Attack Position card is selected as an attack target, change it to Defense Position. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, select 1 monster on the field and change its battle position.

Now this guy is very handy in so many ways...one it's a tuner (LOL). One of its biggest uses is to change the battle position of any monster on the field, which is ideal for abusing Twisted Evil Geargiarmor's flipped face-up effect, triggering more search power at your disposal...

Now to talk about main monsters in the Extra Deck...

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG 300px-KarakuriShogunmdl00%E2%80%9CBurei%E2%80%9DSTBL-EN-UR-1E
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Machine-Type monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Karakuri" monster from your Deck. Once per turn, you can select 1 monster on the field, and change its battle position.

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG 300px-KarakuriSteelShogunmdl00XBureido-GLD5-EN-GUR-LE
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Machine-Type monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Karakuri" monster from your Deck. Once per turn, when the battle position of a face-up "Karakuri" monster you control is changed (and remains face-up): Draw 1 card.

These 2 are the main synchros of the deck; both are able to special summon a Karakuri monster from the deck, Bureido allows you (once per turn) to draw a card when a face-up Karakuri monster you control changes battle position (and stays face-up) and Burei (once per turn) can change the battle position of any monster on the field once per turn (abuse Geargiarmor...poor armor...can't these Karakuri ever give it a rest?)

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG 300px-GearGigantX-REDU-EN-ScR-1E
2 Level 4 Machine-Type monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 Level 4 or lower Machine-Type monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. When this card leaves the field: You can target 1 Level 3 or lower "Geargia" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.
GG-X is great in his own way...you can either add a machine-type monster from your deck or recycle one from your graveyard to your hand by detaching one Xyz material from this guy, allowing for some extra punch; when it leaves the field, it gives you the option to special summon a level 3 or lower Geargia monster from the grave such as Geargiano MKII...I have yet to use that effect, but who knows what'll happen?

This deck has some very interesting twists to it, along with being able to co-exist with Machina Fortress and Gearframe, allowing for some sick combos (Number 11: Big Eye for example) and having some nasty card abuse (several cards abuse Geargiarmor to the point of malfunction that it makes me feel sorry for it(...not really) and put constant pressure on your opponent...)

Overall, I think this deck is great, but as anyone knows, all decks have weaknesses; for this one, there are some such as Cyber Dragon triggering into Chimeratech Fortress Dragon (annoying as hell)

That is all for the analysis on key components of a Karakuri Geargia deck (KMG for short)...let me know what you thought of this analysis...also, if you feel I missed a monster in this deck, feel free to say so and I will put info regarding it on the post...I hope you found this analysis useful in some shape or form...

Loto Drandel
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG   Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:42 am

Well, i read your article and i must say that i didn't see any thing special with it really Sad You just showed us the picture of a card, wrote its effect in red then again told us about its effect in an other way.
You didn't talk much about possible strategies and on how to side against it or why it can compete with meta decks.
You also didn't mention any tech cards that could be used..

I appreciate your effort though, i myself couldn't have written some thing better but i won't be of any help if i didn't express my opinion honestly right ? Smile

I hope you work again on this article and come up with some thing more profound and thorough, i know you can, i can see some potential here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loto Drandel

Loto Drandel

PostSubject: Re: Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG   Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:11 am

lol this article (and the other 2 posted today) mainly talks about the cards in the deck itself, not the complete strategy based among them; however, if you like i can go over some of the combos in a different article based on strategy with the decks and against them (your call lol; i haven't done articles in a long time and even then i wasn't too good Smile but i'm learning as i make them
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG   Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 am

Yea it would be cool if you write an article in which you go deep into the different strategies and situations ! I invite you to do that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG   Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 am

I dont see nothing wrong with his article, he is introducing archtypes. I do agree that this article will be much better with some combos and deck list but I also knows that articles demand a lot of effort and people never thank you enough for your effort Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG   Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG Empty

Back to top Go down

Loto's Deck Analysis: KMG
Page 1 of 1