Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFire King Beta Version I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fire King Beta Version

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Fire King Beta Version Empty
PostSubject: Fire King Beta Version   Fire King Beta Version EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:11 am

I know lots of you are testing this deck but nobody started a build discussion yet so I guess I will be the first one to post a beta build cuz I am still testing the archtype

Spoiler:

The deck is really fun and it has been doing pretty good for me but I only had few duels with it yet. Sacred phoenix is doing better than I tought because Yaksha is just that good Razz Feel free to copy this build or even suggest some techs.
Back to top Go down
TheHelixNebula

TheHelixNebula

PostSubject: Re: Fire King Beta Version   Fire King Beta Version EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Nice build, looks pretty good. How's rekindling working for ya? I've yet to test it out in the deck.

As for your trap line up, I'd probably drop the threatening roars for cards that can help you get your main cards to you faster (POD, another firedog, etc).

Also, horn of the phantom beast works surprisingly good in this deck (I thought it'd be garbage since monsters are always being destroyed for their effects to go off, but having a beater (particularly firedog) makes the deck more consistent and beater-tastic - which is always fun).

Also, have you tried the Fire Kings with Fire Fists? They improve backrow/monster destruction if you run bear/monkey, and improve the use of tenki in more than one way. Also more Horn targets if you choose to run it.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Fire King Beta Version   Fire King Beta Version EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Rekindling is doing at 2 and you need a second wining condition otherwise this deck is garbage :p. I haven't tried fire fist in this yet because the monster count is already high. 14 monsters +3 tenki + 3 onslaugh = 20 I understand ur suggetionsand horn is good only if you play fire fist and I dont :p same thing for the 3rd fire dog. Fire dog is a card I like in mid game when garunix already took care of the big guys and my opponent is bowing down (setting monsters).

Now for traps threatning roar is a gresth card that u should try seriouly. Its a greath mst baith and wirks well with onslaught/Garunix but only if you play pure Fire King. When I builded this I only had 2 holes I filled them with 2 fiendish chain but Dualities can also filled those 2 holes in a good way. I will test and see which one I need the most. Thx for the sugestion Smile

You should post ur build with fire fist too cuz I wana test that variant too but I'm too lazy too build it XD
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: Fire King Beta Version   Fire King Beta Version EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:53 am

I like it plenty, Phoenix makes a great addition to this deck. Roar is nice alongside Fiendish Chain.
So far, this seems pretty legit. Keep us updated with the progression and stuff, I wanna know if you're pulling off a huge win streak with this deck xD
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Fire King Beta Version   Fire King Beta Version EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Glad you like it brah.Its doing really good so far, I'm 9-1 with it, my only lost was to wind-ups (Magi Shark 1st turn) and I'm not planing on changing nothing in the deck so far. The only card I dont really like so far is probably Pyrorex, not because he is not good but he is almost inexistant in the deck. I only pulled it out once Razz Gorz can probably take his place. If one of you guyz discover a cool tech for this deck let me know Smile
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: Fire King Beta Version   Fire King Beta Version EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 11:14 am

Actually thought about the deck a bit and Mirror Force seems to be stronger than T-Roar, unless you already have the perfect set-up.
Some people play 3 CotH in this, haven't tried it yet, but it would punish people for blind MSTing , which would make Mirror Force better.

also I like the mained MSTs over Lances, cuz Macro Rabbit exists, will test MSTs over Lances in my build.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Fire King Beta Version   Fire King Beta Version EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 5:44 am

yeah I was considering MF too lately, I can always keep 1 in main and side a second one. I will test the 3rd coth. I will test on DN today and tell you what I took out for it later then

Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Fire King Beta Version   Fire King Beta Version EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 3:29 am

I made the changes and this is how it looks like now

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: Fire King Beta Version   Fire King Beta Version EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:30 am

I think triple Yaksha is essential,especially if you keep drawing into Garunix.

will look over it again tomorrow, I'm too damn tired right now. x)
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Fire King Beta Version   Fire King Beta Version EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:03 am

I actually never had that problem yet tbh cuz search yaksha is pretty easy. The only thing I would take out for it is a doggie tho because he is good only in some situations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire King Beta Version   Fire King Beta Version Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire King Beta Version
Page 1 of 1