Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBreaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!

Go down 
+5
Scorpion67
Pheonix KDA
opda11
NotSoGallantGallade
NoUserName
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NoUserName
NoUserName

Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! Empty
PostSubject: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Guys, I usually don't do 2 articles in 1 week, but I just saw this and I believe this is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in my life.

There's a card that I just saw today and I couldn't believe how ridiculously unfair it is. Before I get into it, though, I wanted to talk about the archetype by itself. After we go over the basics, then I'll drop the big news.

Fire Kings do a few things that don't seem so problematic. Usually, unless you're playing Lavals, monsters attributed with the fire attribute usually have a "burn" aspect to them, where they slowly sap your life points. This new deck does something a little different. Fire Kings rely on the destruction of their cards to set off their effects.

Naive Little Duelist asks: That's not so bad, if they destroy their own cards then they have less chances of beating me, right? And if they rely on me to destroy their cards, I just won't destroy them!

*sighs* No little one, it's goes as far as saying, "You'd be dumb enough to let them do that."

Once the destruction occurs, all hell breaks loose. And it's not only that, once they're in the graveyard, you can't stop what's coming unless you're using the proverbial D.D. Crow or Macro Cosmos.

Let's list what cards make up this flaming death ball of doom.

The 6 cards making all of this up are as follows:

Monsters
  • Fire King Avatar Barong
    -Effect: If a face-up "Fire King" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. During the next Standby Phase after this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Fire King" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Fire King Avatar Barong".
  • Fire King Avatar Qilin
    -Effect: If a face-up "Fire King" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Send 1 FIRE monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.
  • Fire King Avatar Yaksha
    -Effect: If a face-up "Fire King" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can destroy 1 card in your hand or on your field. This effect of "Fire King Avatar Yaksha" can only be activated once per turn.

and the most broken one of all (who just so happens to be the boss monster and win condition of the deck)...

• Fire King High Avatar Garunix
    -Effect: During the next Standby Phase after this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. When you do: Destroy all other monsters on the field. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Fire King" monster from your Deck, except "Fire King High Avatar Garunix."

Spells

• Fire Kings' Fire Ring
    -Effect: Target 1 FIRE monster you control and 1 FIRE monster in your Graveyard; destroy the first monster, and if you do, Special Summon the second monster from your Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Fire Kings' Fire Ring" per turn.
  • Onslaught of the Fire Kings
    -Effect: If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 FIRE Beast/Beast-Warrior/Winged Beast-Type monster from your Deck, but its effects are negated and it will be destroyed during the End Phase. You can only activate 1 "Onslaught of the Fire Kings" per turn.

Now lets' assess why this is so "derpy".

The boss card of this deck, Fire King High Avatar Garunix, is ridiculous. This card laughs at Dark Hole. This card kicks Catastor in the face. This card even puts SOLEMN FREAKING WARNING to shame. If this card is destroyed in any way shape or form, it comes back and blows up all other monsters on the field during the next standby phase. Not YOUR standby phase, the NEXT standby phase. For example...

My opponent Summons Ally of Justice Catastor to the field and attacks me for 2200 damage. I have Fire King High Avatar Garunix in the graveyard. I draw Monster Reborn. I activate it and Special Summon Garunix. I attack into Catastor, end my turn, and when the standby phase initiates, Garunix comes back and immediately destroys Catastor.

Not to mention, Garunix is a 2700 beatstick.

.-.

Let's go onto the other example that grinds my gears so much.

I recently summoned Fire King High Avatar Garunix to the field and attacked my opponent for 2700 damage. His turn comes and he activates Dark Hole, destroying Garunix. He sets Spirit Reaper and Solemn (Freaking) Warning and ends his turn. I draw and my standby phase initiates. Garunix Special Summons himself to the field and attempts to blow up Reaper. My opponent activates Solemn (FREAKING) Warning and my Garunix's summon is negated and also gets DESTROYED, being sent back to the grave. I summon (whatever I feel like summoning) and set (whatever the hell I feel like setting) and end my turn.

You would think it was over, but it isn't. Because, guess what!

Garunix.

Comes.

The Hell.

Back.

And blows up everything that is indeed a monster card. Not only do we have to worry about this, but we also have to worry about the support cards. Fire King Avatar Barong basically searches ANY Fire King other than himself when he's destroyed. Qilin pitches
any Fire King from the deck to the graveyard, other than himself. Yaksha destroys any 1 card in your HAND or on the field, adding to the destruction clause that these cards run on. Let's also not forget that these 3 cards can immediately special summon themselves when a Fire King gets destroyed.

Utter chaos! And let's not get me started on the spells.

Not only does Fire Ring aid the destruction engine, but it also acts as a Monster Reborn for the Fire Kings.
I can't even comprehend this. I just can't.....

Ugh.

Onslaught is probably the more unfair spell, special summoning ANY FIRE Beast/Beast-Warrior/Winged Beast monster from the deck, negating their effects until the end phase and destroying it at the end of the turn as well. That means, for no cost at all, you can Special Summon a 2700 beatstick from your deck and it will eventually come back with it's broken effect and destroy all monsters besides itself.

I only have one question.

"Why?"

Konami, this is the (censored) that pisses me off. Yes, this deck loses to Macro Cosmos, Stardust (at certain times), Shooting Star, Quasar, and even gives Bottomless Trap Hole something to do. But seriously. WHY??? Why create something that causes more chaos??? This is basically Chaos Dragons Part 2. I can't stand it when you guys make thing that ruin the fun of this game. You did it last format and then attempted to fix your mistakes by putting a halt on practically everything. But now, you release something that makes me cringe every time I see it on Dueling Network.

I think I've said all I can say.

Tell me how you feel about this and comment below.

Bboyheritage, a.k.a. NUN signing out.

Last edited by NoUserName on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:09 am

1. Shit is broken.

2. I love this deck.

3. Fire Kings' Fire Ring can't destroy a card in hand, I don't think, just one you control. Still amazing though.

You also forgot the amazingness of Wolberk, the fact that Qilin is really meh, and that the Fire Kings other than Garu are able to be Rekindled.

Also, dammit, you beat me to the punch on an article. =/
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:04 pm

You're right, I shall edit.
Back to top Go down
opda11

opda11

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Now tell me, how inconsistent are they? Especially when faced against a player who knows what they are doing and just disrupts the only things they have. The only unfair card is garunix. Everything else just searches him, or stuff like that. Against a competent player who plays correctly and knows exactly what to do, it falls apart very, very easily.
Back to top Go down
Pheonix KDA

Pheonix KDA

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:21 pm

I've faced two Firekings combined with fire fists, and infact lost to both of them. I've tested them myself, and can't believe how rediculiously broken they are. Garunix on board and its like game over. They have defeated wind-ups, darkworlds, and mermails. If Konami decides to give them even more support, .... it's just to broke. Though we have expected something like this, Konami is shifting their focus on Water/Fire again.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:01 pm

The deck is definitly good. everyone that played it really like it. also Fire fist are already topping events in japan and Fire king is better imo so I see them doing really well here. I like how the deck mix control with explosion.

Thx for the article NUN Wink
Back to top Go down
TheHelixNebula

TheHelixNebula

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Nice article, it convinced me to try em out and holy ball sack batman this deck is damn good.

Once Garunix is out it's basically GG..
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am

YYou guys should realize that decks based upon 1 card or monstter have major consisttencyy issues, deck is easy to side against as well, get ur D.D crows back Razz
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:26 pm

opda11 wrote:
Now tell me, how inconsistent are they? Especially when faced against a player who knows what they are doing and just disrupts the only things they have. The only unfair card is garunix. Everything else just searches him, or stuff like that. Against a competent player who plays correctly and knows exactly what to do, it falls apart very, very easily.

The same thing could be said about Dark Worlds and they're still decent in this meta, though Garunix is better than Grapha and the other DW are better than the other Fire Kings. But your point is valid. Once people start siding I don't expect it'll be bad. But I haven't actually tested them or faced them, so...

EDIT: I've always liked fire archtypes and Sacred Phoenix so this'll be fun while it lasts. Artwork could be better on the Fire Lords but meh. Now we need a real version of Gorlag Very Happy. Gorlag/Horn control with Fire Lords/Fire Fists/Flamvells for boss monsters. Could even run Orichalcos Razz
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:23 am

Harper7000 wrote:
The same thing could be said about Dark Worlds and they're still decent in this meta

I am in absolute agreement.
See, no matter how inconsistent a deck may be, people find a way to get around that, whether it be by setting up your hand and graveyard in a way no one else thought of or sacking the hell out of your opponent with the heart of the cards.

I also say that a deck in the hands of someone who knows exactly what they're doing usually isn't all that inconsistent. Yes, there are times where you can get TERRIBLE hands. But if you're build is decent and you check your support thoroughly, consistency is nothing to worry about. Besides, I think some decks need other win conditions other than their boss card, and in Fire King builds there could be room for others. I just haven't looked into it yet.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:42 am

nice article
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Am I seing things or Nero is back 0.o

Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Sketchy, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:13 pm

I felt like posting in this since the Fire King archtype is finaly out. Sadly Yaksha is an OCG promo so we don't have it but this deck toped a regional so I want to fix something in ur article NUN.

Quote :
My opponent activates Solemn (FREAKING) Warning and my Garunix's summon is negated and also gets DESTROYED, being sent back to the grave. I summon (whatever I feel like summoning) and set (whatever the hell I feel like setting) and end my turn.

You would think it was over, but it isn't. Because, guess what!

Garunix.

Comes.

The Hell.

Back.

Garunix doesn't come back if it was destroy by warning while in the graveyard. The reason is simple, it is not sent to the graveyard because he never left the grave. In this link you can see a conversation about garunix and warning on DN

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/topic/56960-fire-king-high-avatar-garunix-ingrave-vs-solemn-warning/

I hope I helped Smile btw you have your own classroom NUN you can move your articles there you know Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!   Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane! Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking News! Fire King Archetype officially deemed insane!
Page 1 of 1