Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeREDU TCG exclusives I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REDU TCG exclusives

Go down 
+3
Scorpion67
Snilly
darkness evil
7 posters
AuthorMessage
darkness evil

darkness evil

REDU TCG exclusives Empty
PostSubject: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:22 am

We all Know "Return of the Duelist" pack is right around the corner, we saw all the archtypes, and im sure a lot of you started working on decks waiting for them to come out, i know I have. But what is more exciting is the TCG exclusive. For those who dont know what a TCG exclusive is, they are cards just for tcg players, they arent released in the OCG, and that is the reason why TCG and OCG metas are different. A lot of these exclusive define our meta some examples, TourGuied of the Underworld, Wind-up Rabbit and Shark, Evolzar Dollka, and Reborn Tengu.
These cards are played in top decks in the TCG,(Tengu was last format).

As for REDU, I took a look when it came out in OCG some cards where played some weren't, the Impact it made on the OCG was Gear Gigant X which pushed machina gadget to the top, and Heroic Champion Excalibur, that card gave Heros the extra power for otks an easy 4000 beater is nice. But other than that I didn't really see the archtypes playable, none of them fit my playstyle, thats why im excited about the exclusives, they can bring back old decks or create new ones so far there are 3 leaked exclusives that im going to talk about.

First Exclusive is Advanced Zone
REDU TCG exclusives AdvanceZone-REDU-EN-OP

Once per turn, during the End Phase of any turn of which you Tribute Summoned a monster(s): You can apply these effects depending on the number of monsters you Tributed for Tribute Summons this turn.
●1 or more: Target 1 Set card your opponent controls; destroy that target.
●2 or more: Draw 1 card.
●3 or more: Add 1 monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

Monarch and Steelswarm, problem is no one really tribute summons anymore so i dont think it will se much play unless we get more support for steelswarm to make em playable

The Second card I will talk about is an addition to the Noble Knights
Noble Knight Gawayn
REDU TCG exclusives NobleKnightGawayn-REDU-EN-OP

Warrior/Effect Lv4 1900/500
If you control a LIGHT Normal Monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in face-up Defense Position.

The first thing that poped in my head was Light Beat, and Neos Alius. When its on the filed it counts as a normal monster so it can work like in bubble beat without forcing you to set all cards in your hand and if you draw miltiple monsters you cant play. But this is good to go with Alius easy, if you draw it with out alius, its a 1900 atk beater so it can survive on its own, its Light Honest target, and Shining food with miracle and Superpoly. Warrior can be turned into Excalibur or Blade armor Ninja. Another idea I had is i saw how much rabbit into laggia annoys people first turn to be exact, try playing rabbit getting 2 Light monsters then summoning it and going into shock ruler first turn, call spells and set your hand. Your opponent cant Storm or MST any of your facedowns, he cant dark hole or use Soultaker and depending on your backrow he may not be able to do anything at all, i think it can be worth a shot in a Chaos Rabbit Build.

The Last TCG Exclusive ill be talking about is an archtype exclusive, an addition to the soon to be released Prophecy archtype

Prophecy Destroyer
REDU TCG exclusives ProphecyDestroyer-REDU-EN-OP

SpellCaster/Effect Lv 6 2500/1200
If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 3 "Spellbook" Spell Cards from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

When I first saw it i was like, FAKE, it looks like they forced a Magic the Gathering artist to make this card, I like the art its different in a good way, a more mature look from what we usually have. The effect isnt bad firs you can get it for free with Temperance of the Prophecy, and if its destroied just banish 3 Spellbook spell cards from the grave and get it back for free. And in Abyss rising theres the book of spell card that allows you to add a banished spellbook to hand so you will be getting a 2500 beater and a spell to hand +2 aint bad.

Well thats all the TCG exclusives we have for now, ill be making a more in detail article when all cards are confirmed and will talk about the OCG exclusives and if the banlist is leaked by then ill give deck idea and what to expect from the next format, till then im out ~DE
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:01 pm

I still think Prophecy Destroyer is fake. The art looks nothing like YGO art and the TCG wouldn't allow art like that. Also on the konami blog if you hover your mouse over the image it says I-AM-REAL instead of ProphecyDestroyer. The other images on the blog post with the other prophecy have their names as the img names, for example if you hover your mouse over the picture of High Priestess of Prophecy you'll see HighPriestess is the img name. Not sure about the other ones.

If Prophecy Destroyer is real, it sucks.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:05 pm

About the artwork on destroyer, get use to it snily cuz thats new konami's artwork and profecy is real cuz konami will even release a tin box for him.

Thx for the article DE I can't wait for REDU's sneak cuz gawayn is the promo Very Happy

I also have to say that the new artwork is amazing, especialy the noble knights
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:27 am

Scorpion67 wrote:
About the artwork on destroyer, get use to it snily cuz thats new konami's artwork and profecy is real cuz konami will even release a tin box for him.

Thx for the article DE I can't wait for REDU's sneak cuz gawayn is the promo Very Happy

I also have to say that the new artwork is amazing, especialy the noble knights

I'm fine with the artwork. I actually prefer it since it is darker than the usual YGO artwork. And meh destroyer won't see much play. Gawayn looks nice and advanced zone like DE said won't see much play either.
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:32 am

I really thought prophecy destroyer was a fake doe to its completely outstanding out..erm artwork.
Imo its a useless card right now since it requires 3 spellbooks in your graveyard, and you have spellbook tower that returns them from grave to deck for drawing additional cards. +You must have that other spellbook for RFG books to make use from them when sent to RFG zone, and thats too much spellbooks in deck.

The advanced zone spell aint that special, its made for tribute summons, and as you said, 1% decks actually do that today. It might find some use next format when more cards come out maybe and if meta changes.

Only card i like is that new noble knight. Its pretty awesome and artwork is awesome either. I just wonder why konami started such artworks, they are usually more for kids and last cards were kind of caricatures of monsters, is this a beginning of a new monster design or what?
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:28 am

darkness evil wrote:
Monarch and Steelswarm, problem is no one really tribute summons anymore so i dont think it will se much play unless we get more support for steelswarm to make em playable

Don't forgget Hieratic. Anyways, card sucks.

darkness evil wrote:
Noble Knight Gawayn

If you control a LIGHT Normal Monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in face-up Defense Position.

The first thing that poped in my head was Light Beat, and Neos Alius.

Thrasher > this, and I seriously hope they stop making noble exclusives.

darkness evil wrote:
Prophecy Destroyer
REDU TCG exclusives ProphecyDestroyer-REDU-EN-OP

SpellCaster/Effect Lv 6 2500/1200
If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 3 "Spellbook" Spell Cards from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

Sucks at first sight tbh. Maybe magical with LS engine? meh. Not good eough imo, and the art looks SOOO out of theme, I mean wtf...

Keep it up Konami! We no want broken ass exclusives!!!.
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:50 am

I run Magical with triple lyla/charge just to feed necro/junon but I wouldn't want to use destroy because it just creates a bunch of minuses since you don't run more than one of the spellbook that returns banished cards. Why get out him when you can get out Junon? Razz Ok that's offtopic but I bring news of more TCG exclusives

Blue Dragon Ninja
REDU TCG exclusives TheBlueBrother
Sea Serpent/Effect
Once per turn during either player’s turn You can discard 1 “Ninja” monster and 1 “Ninjutsu Art” card to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls this turn that monster’s effects are negated also that monster cannot attack.

Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Sealing
REDU TCG exclusives Ninja-Fight
Tribute 1 “Ninja” monster to target 1 monster your opponent controls banish that target. While that card is bannished, It’s Monster Card Zone cannot be used. When this face-up card leaves the field. Return the card banished by this effect to it’s same Monster Card Zone. In the same battle position.

Both of these exclusives suck imo. No more broken exclusives I guess. xD
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 am

wow these are nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:53 am

Seem like Konami learned its lesson with exclusives
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:53 am

Yey garbage cards
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:00 pm

More Caster stuff
REDU TCG exclusives OnTheMoon
If you have no "Spellbook" Spell Cards in your Graveyard: Reveal 3 "Spellbook" Spell Cards with different names from your Deck, your opponent randomly adds 1 of them to your hand, and shuffle the rest back into your Deck. You can only activate 1 "Spellbook Library of the Crescent" per turn. You cannot activate any Spell Cards the turn you activate this card, except "Spellbook" Spell Cards.

Not so good no broke stuff so far goodjob konami
Back to top Go down
Menace13

Menace13

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:41 am

rjuto wrote:
darkness evil wrote:
Noble Knight Gawayn

The first thing that poped in my head was Light Beat, and Neos Alius.

Thrasher > this, and I seriously hope they stop making noble exclusives.

The thing that makes Gawayn interesting is that it works in Alive HERO. All we need is RotA at 3 to make it consistent.
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Full list of TCG exclusives and OCG imports! Time to make thunder watts! Also if you look at the spellbook exclusive the art is a lot like MtG. Still the exclusive support is meh imo this one I can see running at 1 just because.

Still no thunder seahorse. Sad(((
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:57 am

Yeh i wanted saehorse so bad hes the engine that makes em good but meh, still waiting for rest of the cards tho TCG exclusive effects not shown yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REDU TCG exclusives   REDU TCG exclusives Empty

Back to top Go down

REDU TCG exclusives
Page 1 of 1