Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDeck Masters Unleashed Format I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deck Masters Unleashed Format

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
allanpike

allanpike

Deck Masters Unleashed Format Empty
PostSubject: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:53 am

Inspired by SirFunchalot's Duel Masters Format

Rules of the Format

1. Both Players start the duel with 12000 Life Points.

You can only have three copies of a Normal Monster. Any other card not on the limited of forbidden list is counted as semi-limited for this format.

You must have at least 50 cards in your deck + 1 Deck Master

At the beginning of the duel. Each player must banish (face up) their Deck Master. If it is in your hand when you do so. You are allowed to draw another card to replace it.

Deck Masters are restricted to level 7 or higher monsters that can be normal summoned. So no Fusion/Ritual/Synchro/Xyz Deck Masters

The Deck Master is not effected by any cards that effect the banish zone and cannot be special summoned. It can be normal summoned as if it was in your hand.

If a Deck Master was to be removed from the field, it is banished instead and cannot be normal summoned again until the turn after is was banished.

If a Deck Master is removed from the same side of the field three times the owner of the deck master loses the duel.

The following cards are Forbidden to be Deck Masters: The Egyptian Gods. The Wicked Gods.

If anyone would be interested in playing this formant I would be happy if you post here saying so.

I hope anyone that reads this is interested enough to at least try out the format. Even if you do not, I think you for taking your time to read this suggestion.

Last edited by allanpike on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
canadian_idiot

canadian_idiot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:17 pm

So this is like Funch's but worse?
Back to top Go down
allanpike

allanpike

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:22 pm

No. This is like Funch's but different.

Its not worse then his, nor is it better. Its just a different style of play. Less restriction so more flexibility on most of your cards and deck strategy. But it also encourages one to be careful with their deck masters and not just spam them.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Why exactly can't you use the (wicked) gods as deck masters? You know they're all terrible cards, right? Even Obelisk and Avatar, the best of the lot are still lack luster cards a huge majority of the time.
Back to top Go down
allanpike

allanpike

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Lackluster?

The main disadvantageous of them is that they are dead draws. If you don't have to draw them anymore, then they are pretty powerful cards... Eraser, Ra and Dreadroot less so then the others admittedly. But Avatar, Obelisk and Slifer? They are very powerful cards.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Trust me, they're not half as good as you think they are. The only one that's really a big enough threat on his own is Obelisk, since Slifer can be targeted by card effects unlike him and gets nuked by common effects like dprison and the like. It's your format after all, but personally, I don't think those cards are even close to being big enough threats. Arhclord Krystia, LaDD and REDMD are all WAY better deck masters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Sorry, but this is too similar to Funch's Deck Master format. Somebody might play it, but I like Funch's more. It calls for more creativity.

Also, Egyptian Gods and Wicked Gods all suck except for Obelisk, like what Funch said.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
allanpike

allanpike

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Right, so being traditional - having the OP cards allowed - calls for more creativity does it? So not everyone is instantly going to run Pot of Greed, Rageki and Harpies Feather Duster? Not to mention Dark Magician of Chaos and Chaos Emperor Dragon.

It is similar to his format yes, but there are very specific changes that completely change how the game is played.

And seriously. What sucks about Avatar? Its stops your opponent from activating spells and traps for two turns, and is always the monster with the strongest attack.

Slifer may run into traps. But then, you don't attack with him. He's there to servilely weaken and hamper your opponents deck.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 pm

The fact that all cards are limited and you need to run 60 cards is what makes you have to play more creatively, not the fact that most decks are going to run a select few cards which only aid in consistency and threat removal.
Back to top Go down
allanpike

allanpike

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:22 pm

The fact that you have to use 60 cards in the deck and each card is limited is well too restrictive and cuts down on way to many combinations or even card use. Seriously, I don't see your format being creative at all, or having many people. Its too far away from the original yugioh.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Being forced to run 60 cards and not being able to run multiples strictly enforces creativity because you CAN'T use typical and common combos. You have to think outside of the box and run cards that you don't normally run.

Like in my deck I currently main deck Soul Release, a card that pretty much never sees any play, and yet it has a very specific purpose that is far more potent in DM format than in the standard ADV format. Along with various other random 1-of's that are being used with very specific intentions of helping to tutor out other cards. If you honestly think I was able to run card multiples I would still main deck a single copy of Pyramid Turtle just to search out 3 different cards, then I'd have to say you're one crazy guy, because that would be pretty stupid. =]
Back to top Go down
allanpike

allanpike

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:33 pm

That's the thing though. Your format is TOO strict. Yes it can encourage people to think outside of the box to make up different combos. But even if they have those combo's in their deck. Even with the searching and drawing cards in the traditonal format. The chances of getting it of are slim for the 60 card deck.

You need to find a balance between encouraging creativity and forcing it.
Back to top Go down
canadian_idiot

canadian_idiot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Someone never played EDH.
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:32 pm

A bit offtopic but deck master =/= duel master lol...
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:59 pm

canadian_idiot wrote:
Someone never played EDH.

Elderly Diseased Horse? Why would anyone want to play with one of those?
Back to top Go down
allanpike

allanpike

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:51 am

Yeah... What does EDH mean?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:16 pm

EDH stands for Elder Dragon Highlander, the player created format (for Magic: The Gathering) which Wizards of the Cost adopted for casual play and re-named Commander. It was the basis for the Deck Master Format myself and my friends constructed.
Back to top Go down
allanpike

allanpike

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Oh right...

So again, taking something from another game and trying to make it work with this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Masters Unleashed Format   Deck Masters Unleashed Format Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck Masters Unleashed Format
Page 1 of 1