Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBan List disscussion - Page 2 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ban List disscussion

Go down 
+8
canadian_idiot
Quincy99
Zembobway150
Harper7000
TheHelixNebula
SirFunchalot
darkness evil
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
darkness evil

darkness evil

Ban List disscussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know we had it before, but now we actualy tried all the cards that came out in ORCS, we can give an honest opinion, + i was 2 lazy to look for the first one here are my thoughts ive encountered all top deck we have today dueling also read a lot of blogs on the subject and read some stuff on how konami thinks, not all the changes i say will happen together some will happen if other dont, and in the end we know konami surprises us Razz

Banned:
BLS/ but i really dont think itt will happen for some reason.

Sangan, They cant ban Tourguied, but they still take a look at tcg format and give them a slap on the wrist.

Dark Armed Dragon, (Depends since ORC is new they may not fully hit inzektor directly and since this card is playable in inzekts it may get hit). More info in Limited

Card Destruction, Darkworld, if they play this card its almost a 100% chance win for them.

Wind-Up Hunter, this kills the loop, but not the archtype, wind-up will be like plants but for Xyz not synchros, since they can go rank 3,4 and 5 easy.

Monster Reborn, its a really good card more explanation will come in Limited.

Limited.
Agent of Creation Venus, Limiting it makes u play less earth, which also makes u play less hyperion, u can play Jupiter, but this does slow down Agents play since its the Engine of the whole deck.

Rescue Rabbit/Laggia, its eaither or both, id like rabbit to get hit, the deck will still be playable and u can just use 2-3 Gold Sarco with 3 tgu, but it lowers the chances of opening Laggia and since i think Oppression will be limited, it will be really bad to open rabbit+ oppresion, laggia may not get hit, so u can play it with Jurrac and Evol decks.

Hornet/Dragonfly, id prefer dragonfly, but if they do hit inzekts they will probably hit Hornet, since its a new deck

Witch of the Black FOrest, since sangan is gone we need a different searcher, and also another reason to ban DAD.

Magician of faith, reborn is banned so not much to abuse with it, maybe PoA, but its just a thought.

if they dont ban Hunter, Zenmaighty/wind-up rat will get limited or the loop will be everywhere,

Royal Oppresion, also may or may not happen seeing we have Maxx "C" in 3's.

Goyo Gaurdian, its coming i have a strong feeling, but if they do, im assuming that Brio will get a ban, seeing XyZ are getting more popular by the day, they will need some synchro action.

Semi Limited,

MST, 3 is just eh, and u can play a dust tornado

Book of Moon, Stop inzektors, sycnhros, xyz, and Stun decks love em

Gale/Kalut, Some BW love, gale is more splashable than kalut, id like both to go to 2 seeing im a BW fan, Gale + Zeph combo is epic BRD out of no where is always fun

Garpha/ SNoww, Garpha is a real problem, and now with Trance Archfiend banishing it isnt always the answer, id prefer snow to get hit since it searches everything they need

Hyperion, its like the Mini-Light Version of DAD, its easy to summon and pops a card also being a 2700 beater is cool, Agents been around for a while so they gonna get hit.

Unlimited:
Destiny draw not much ppl use it no more.

Swords of reavling light, isnt a problem card really

Summoner Monk, Effect veieler and Maxx "c" make u go a -1 for nthn

well those are my thoughts i like my list tho
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:51 pm

royal decree would only stop a few cards, there is also secret village of the spell casters to stop MST and Heavy. as for traps, make a build that includes dark simorgh and anti spell fragrance. add those cards in along with a couple of terraforming, and you are sitting at about 22 cards, which still leaves room for stuff like dark bribes, counter counter, seven tools, as well as room for some monsters, some of which would have to be wind and dark for the sake of dark simorgh, so toss in gustos since they recycle by themselves also. with some tinkering the stall deck the im describing that would be a possibility given the ban list you provide, would be just as annoying as going against an exodia in the fact that there is almost nothing that you can do to stop it. and going back to what you had said before in saying that if i think swords is a good card then i am a bad duelist, i have no problem proving my skill in a duel or two, or heck i can even use a stall deck in this format to show you, even if just a little bit, how annoying they can be right now. cuz im guessing that you havent went against too many stall decks to be able to see how annoying they truly are
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:57 pm

I've trolled around DN with Final Countdown a bit this week, I understand that they can be annoying. But if you're going to try to win a big event like a YCS or something, you don't have a shot in hell. These sorts of decks are always really weak to short explosions in agressive plays, and adding SoRL and a few MoF isn't going to up the consistency enough or give it really enough staying power to get past the best cards in the game that the top tier decks are using. I'm not saying it won't be annoying, it definitely will be, it's stall, but it won't beat out Agents or Dark World or anything else top tier any time soon.
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Ban List disscussion - Page 2 I0565044-1329222509

Promo included
Ban List disscussion - Page 2 BqCPE

Translation and List

Forbidden:
Monster Reborn
Trap Dustshoot

Limited:
Karakuri Komachi mdl 224 “Ninishi”
Wind-Up Hunter
The Agent of Creation - Venus
Tsukuyomi
T.G. Striker
Rescue Rabbit
Instant Fusion
Pot of Duality
Rekindling
Ultimate Offering

Semi-Limited:
Armageddon Knight
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
Master Hyperion
Emergency Teleport

Unlimited:
Marshmallon
Magical Stone Excavation
Mind Crush

I like it, but if they moved Hunter to Ban would be EPIC List, seems like were going thro another 6 months of wind-up being tire 1
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:20 am

Woot!!! 2 grand mole

But no Dw or inzektor hate which is annoying, and the wind-up loop decks that topped the YCS only ran 1 hunter.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:03 am

honestly i believe it would make it more consistent. but if you dont think stall decks would be a problem against agents or dark worlds, then why dont we have a "every deck legal Tournament"?

also thats not the full list, and if it is then it kinda sucks, but i see alot more happening
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:05 am

Honestly I don't know why Stall/Burn/Mill/FTK/Exodia/Final Countdown etc are banned in DGA tournaments, NONE of those decks are good and they wouldn't win a tournament unless no one sided properly. I think they're banned not so much because they're unbeatable, but because they're not FUN to play against, and the goal of DGA tournies is to be fun, not preparation for a big event like an actual YCS.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:07 am

im just saying. it could be a yearly tournament type of thing. that is all
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:17 am

That banlist looks great except for a few facts:
Inzektors weren't hit at ALL. You can say what you want about Konami being greedy, but they've been out for a while in ocg already and are dominating even there. Now that they're out here they're dominating here too.
Wind ups basically weren't hit at all either. 1 Hunter doesn't interfere with the loop whatsoever. It doesnt even slow down the setup much, especially with stuff like tgu + foolish.
The limits are dumb. Duality to 1? WTF? Duality is one of the most balanced cards in the game. Plus it kills control even more than it already has, which is considerable
Same with Striker. Why? There's just no logic behind that. Not to mention that BLS is still legal.

I'm not so sure this is an official list. It would be good if they hit other things too, but why hurt dark horse decks and leave tier 0 untouched? This actually kind of makes the meta worse instead of better. Now only Inzektors and wind ups can dominate
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:38 am

@Harper700 I think the reason Strike is limited is because the T.G. engine was being splashed in everything and Konami thinks if its used a lot it probably needs banned, same thing with duality.
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:46 am

Striker, cuz of Agents u can go 2 gachi, or a gachi and trish...etc, PoD cuz it made Inzekts and agent consistent so it was hit, Hunter to 1 and instant fusion to 1 kills, and slows down the Lopp in the OCG, they pplay 3 of each. as for BLS it just got a reprint in the ocg so it wont get banned at least not this format, Inzekt were slaped on the wrist with arma at 2, but they ussualy just play 1, so nthn really happened to them, but the pic if u look close seems kinda fake so im saying BS, cuz the magazine comes out feb 21st, the rest of the list i like
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:56 am

Your defending is kinda funny actually lol. Hitting duality bc of Inzektors is like hitting warning bc it makes rabbit have too many solemns. If they did that it would make rabbit even more overpowered. Same thing with duality. Not to mention agents are already hurt enough and aren't near as broken as Inzektors or wind ups
Back to top Go down
Bronnco

Bronnco

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:26 am

Limiting Ninishi and Instant Fusion is like shooting fish in a barrel since Karakuris haven't topped a lot lately. Limiting Hunter does nothing to the loop. Striker is iffy, but his slashability does make him pretty darn good. Hitting Duality is stupid as hell, and ArmaKnight being semi'd is kind of unnecessary.

Overall, I don't like this list simply because the stupid decks are still alive and kicking pretty hard. Unless Konami releases more broken archetypes (which I can see them doing so), we're looking at another Inzektor/Wind-Up format.
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:47 am

@darkness evil Hunter at 1 does nothing and instant fusion also does nothing. It my make it less splash able but those one are not the ones topping

Perfect example is the 3 wind-up deck that topped at the last YCS only used 1 hunter.
deck list https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CnOMcpmLgE&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:25 am

Bronnco wrote:
Limiting Ninishi and Instant Fusion is like shooting fish in a barrel since Karakuris haven't topped a lot lately.

It's not QUITE like that...they're pretty broke. But if they're going to hit a dark horse deck, they NEED to hit the top decks just as hard or harder. But they're not, so I agree with you that it's a dumb list. If they banned Hunter and limited Hornet + banning Foolish, hitting Karakuri would be ok.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:35 am

Regardless of how good Karakuri is compared to Wind-Ups or any other top deck, I totally agree with limiting Ninishi and Instant Fusion. Ninishi because it's the core of the silliest aspect of Karakuri, and Instant Fusion because it's a ridiculous card in it's own right giving a lot of decks easy access to a wide variety of different leveled monsters for Xyz/Synchroing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ban List disscussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2