Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBan List disscussion I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ban List disscussion

Go down 
+8
canadian_idiot
Quincy99
Zembobway150
Harper7000
TheHelixNebula
SirFunchalot
darkness evil
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
darkness evil

darkness evil

Ban List disscussion Empty
PostSubject: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:33 pm

I know we had it before, but now we actualy tried all the cards that came out in ORCS, we can give an honest opinion, + i was 2 lazy to look for the first one here are my thoughts ive encountered all top deck we have today dueling also read a lot of blogs on the subject and read some stuff on how konami thinks, not all the changes i say will happen together some will happen if other dont, and in the end we know konami surprises us Razz

Banned:
BLS/ but i really dont think itt will happen for some reason.

Sangan, They cant ban Tourguied, but they still take a look at tcg format and give them a slap on the wrist.

Dark Armed Dragon, (Depends since ORC is new they may not fully hit inzektor directly and since this card is playable in inzekts it may get hit). More info in Limited

Card Destruction, Darkworld, if they play this card its almost a 100% chance win for them.

Wind-Up Hunter, this kills the loop, but not the archtype, wind-up will be like plants but for Xyz not synchros, since they can go rank 3,4 and 5 easy.

Monster Reborn, its a really good card more explanation will come in Limited.

Limited.
Agent of Creation Venus, Limiting it makes u play less earth, which also makes u play less hyperion, u can play Jupiter, but this does slow down Agents play since its the Engine of the whole deck.

Rescue Rabbit/Laggia, its eaither or both, id like rabbit to get hit, the deck will still be playable and u can just use 2-3 Gold Sarco with 3 tgu, but it lowers the chances of opening Laggia and since i think Oppression will be limited, it will be really bad to open rabbit+ oppresion, laggia may not get hit, so u can play it with Jurrac and Evol decks.

Hornet/Dragonfly, id prefer dragonfly, but if they do hit inzekts they will probably hit Hornet, since its a new deck

Witch of the Black FOrest, since sangan is gone we need a different searcher, and also another reason to ban DAD.

Magician of faith, reborn is banned so not much to abuse with it, maybe PoA, but its just a thought.

if they dont ban Hunter, Zenmaighty/wind-up rat will get limited or the loop will be everywhere,

Royal Oppresion, also may or may not happen seeing we have Maxx "C" in 3's.

Goyo Gaurdian, its coming i have a strong feeling, but if they do, im assuming that Brio will get a ban, seeing XyZ are getting more popular by the day, they will need some synchro action.

Semi Limited,

MST, 3 is just eh, and u can play a dust tornado

Book of Moon, Stop inzektors, sycnhros, xyz, and Stun decks love em

Gale/Kalut, Some BW love, gale is more splashable than kalut, id like both to go to 2 seeing im a BW fan, Gale + Zeph combo is epic BRD out of no where is always fun

Garpha/ SNoww, Garpha is a real problem, and now with Trance Archfiend banishing it isnt always the answer, id prefer snow to get hit since it searches everything they need

Hyperion, its like the Mini-Light Version of DAD, its easy to summon and pops a card also being a 2700 beater is cool, Agents been around for a while so they gonna get hit.

Unlimited:
Destiny draw not much ppl use it no more.

Swords of reavling light, isnt a problem card really

Summoner Monk, Effect veieler and Maxx "c" make u go a -1 for nthn

well those are my thoughts i like my list tho
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:46 pm

Banned:
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Sangan
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Dark Hole
Ultimate Offering
One for One
Lonefire Blossom
Royal Tribute
Foolish Burial
Future Fusion
Machine Duplication
Monster Reborn
Mind Control

Limited:
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
Master Hyperion
Judgment Dragon
Tour Guide From the Underworld
Rescue Rabbit
The Agent of Creation Venus
Inzektor Dragonfly
Tsukuyomi
Wind-Up Zenmaighty

Semi:
Black Whirlwind
Mystical Space Typhoon
Mezuki

Unlimited:
Book of Moon
Tribe Infecting Virus
Magical Stone Excavation
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Swords of Revealing Light
Magician of Faith
Thousand Eyes Restrict
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
The Transmigration Prophecy
Necro Gardna
Summoner Monk
Bottomless Trap Hole

Last edited by SirFunchalot on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheHelixNebula

TheHelixNebula

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:54 pm

Am I the only person who hopes they don't bring back Goyo? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:55 pm

SirFunchalot wrote:
Banned:
Sangan
One for One
Lonefire Blossom
Foolish Burial
Future Fusion
Monster Reborn
Mind Control

Limited:
Tribe Infecting Virus
Master Hyperion
Judgment Dragon
Rescue Rabbit
Inzektor Dragonfly
Metamorphosis
Tsukuyomi
Goyo Guardian
Wind-Up Zenmaighty

Semi:
Book of Moon
Black Whirlwind
Maxx "C"
Mezuki

Unlimited:
Magician of Faith
Thousand Eyes Restrict
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Necro Gardna
Summoner Monk
Bottomless Trap Hole

I like but, me and kiryu had an hour discsussion on Tsukuyomi and tribe and u dont want them back xD
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:32 pm

I loved both of those cards and I personally think Tribe would at least force some of the type based theme decks to be less prevalent (DW, Inzektor, Agent, etc), and as for Tsukuyomi, other than (Drastic) Drop Off + Mask of Darkness + Tsukuyomi, it really doesn't do too much, especially not in the fast paced game of today.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:30 am

I've thought about this some more, so here's my revised dream banlist. The overall point is to slow down the format, but by hitting the broken stuff, not by bringing other broken stuff back (i'm looking at you Royal Oppression). It would also make it more fun in the fact that it will hurt troll decks such as Instant win, mill, and burn. it's not fun to play with or against such decks, so therefore there's no reason for those decks to exist.

Banned:
Black Luster Soldier -Envoy of The Beginning (the reason the banlist was invented should stay banned. he's no less broken now then he was then, and that's a fact)
Wind Up Hunter (kills the loop but Wind-Ups are still good)
Future Fusion (stops the Chaos Dragon problem before it becomes a problem. also stops random otk's like Hero Plant Quasar. i like FF but it's just better for everyone if it didn't exist anymore.)
Brionac, Dragon of The Ice Barrier (i've thought long and hard about this. Brionac and Goyo are similar in many ways. they give you a chance to win when you're locked down by derpiness; really, that's their purpose. say they Trap Stun Hyunlei you and pop your hand with Gottom or something. Brio and Goyo can make a comeback. but Brionac...he does too many other things too. he can make loops with Future Fusion and Infernities just to name a few, and he "can" clear the field for otk's, although if you are overextending, you're going to win anyway. all in all though, it's better to have Goyo instead of Brio. the only thing that comes to mind that Brio helps alleviate better is Zenmaines, but that's not as much as an issue now as you will see by the rest of the banlist. plus, Goyo is slightly less broken now in the fact that if you steal their xyz monster, it loses a lot of playability for you since it has no materials and their def is generally low. to me, either Brio or Goyo NEED to exist, but Goyo is the better and fairer choice.)
Lonefire Blossom (this finally, without a doubt, kills the Plant engine. it's no longer an engine. you have Dandylion, which is still playable as a good tech, Bulb, which is the same as Dandy, and Spore, which is basically unplayable without Lonefire to search for it or to banish for it. no Lonefire also means you can't get Quasar with it, Reborn, and Doppel in hand. this, along with hitting TGU and Tengu...I mean, what's left for plants, really? nothing.)
Cannon Soldier (because of this idiot and his toon counterpart, konami has to be VERY careful how they word cards or we'll be stuck with another gay ftk. remember the Lightpulsar scare? let's just get rid of a problem so it never again can become a problem and konami can relax)
Toon Cannon Soldier (see above)
Card Destruction (instant win for Dark World pretty much. and personally i hate when people **** with my hand)
Morphing Jar (same reason as Card D, but also stops Empty Jar which is just annoying and shouldn't exist)
Exodia, The Forbidden One (yes, Exodia has no impact on the metagame. but instant-win decks just shouldn't exist, and believe me, with a good deck you can win quite a bit)
Final Countdown (same as above. prevents annoying the hell out of your opponent and then insta-winning a million years of stalling later.)
Monster Reborn (this COULD stay, but it would also prevent some otk's and slow down the format some more, which is a good thing)
Limited
Mystical Space Typhoon (mst should always be at 1 whenever Heavy exists, because unless you're playing a fool who sets a lot without protection, you can't set more than 2 opening turn, usually only 1 for fear of Heavy. so mst essentially IS Heavy in that sense. not only will mst at 1 slow the format down and make control viable again, but it prevents the so-called "need" for Royal Oppression, which needs to stay crying in a corner with CED on the banlist.)
Tour Guide From The Underworld ("but Harper, don't you think going to 2 would be fine?" no. this. needs. to. die. there's almost NO WAY to play a competitive deck without this crap. no, i'm not a poor yugioh player b******* about the price of TGU, although that is a factor. it's just TOO GOOD. something that good that sees so much play just should NOT be playable, no if, ands, or buts.)
Maxx "C" (this is a slightly nerfed Royal Oppression, which, as already mentioned, is broken as hell. it can exist, but running 3 or even 2 is just stupid and wins too many games all by itself.)
Goyo Guardian (see Brionac for explanation)
Inzektor Dragonfly
Inzektor Hornet (one of these 2 can be semi'd and that will be fine, but Inzektors are too good)
Evolzar Laggia (even if Rabbit was banned, he can still be spammed with Evols, which are slowly getting more and more support, or even Jurracs. it, like Shi En, should be limited and stay there.)
Leviair The Sea Dragon (this isn't a huge issue for most decks, since generally people run 1, but it prevents spamming which is good)
Wind-Up Zenmaines (same as above)
Master Hyperion (for all the Agent lovers, this is being nice to you, believe it or not. the other logical choice would be limiting Venus and semi'ing Hyperion. that would also balance Agents. but if i did that, you would therefore have to play less Earths to search Venus, or play Jupiter, which is sorta suckish. and either way, the possibility to draw Balls goes up. Hyperion at 1 cuts the need to hit anything else in Agents, which not only makes the deck more playable, but also less derpy at the same time.)
Swords of Revealing Light (as you may have already noticed, I'm not just worried about balance, i'm worried about having fun. stalling the hell out of people to insta-win or burn them to death isn't fun. just...no. and with 1 mst and 1 heavy, this stays at 1 where it belongs.)
Gravity Bind (see above)
Chain Strike (see above)
Spirit Reaper (again, see above. it's a good card outside of burn, but in other decks it's only used at 1 so it's fine.)
Semi-Limited
Reborn Tengu (of course, he needed to get hit. i considered it going t 1, but honestly, i doubt that's needed. he's pretty much a Malicious now, but without the draw power support.)
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World (i thought about it going to 1 because of Trance Archfiend, but ultimately decided it wouldn't be too bad at 2. but we'd just have to see.)
Book of Moon (there was no reason whatsoever to hit this to 1. konami thinks that if a card is spammed, it should be hit. wrong. if it's BROKEN, it should be hit. Book wasn't and isn't broken, but it did help balance the brokeness of the format. limiting Thunder King would be the same logic as limiting this. with Book back at 2, it makes control that much better, while still having Trap Stun somewhat playable.)
Blackwing - Kalut The Moon Shadow (this single card alone, coupled with a slower format, makes Blackwings viable again. Gale could also be at 2 imo, but both semi'd...eh...it could be a little much. it all depends.)
Ultimate Offering (not needed per se, but it hurts random and unfair Gadget otk's.)
Rescue Rabbit (IF Tour Guide got hit, this COULD be ok at 3 still. the first turn Laggia would be annoying but there would be only 1, and unlike Shi En, reviving it from grave would do nothing. so maybe, maybe not).
Unlimited
The Normal Exodia Pieces (there's no reason at all to run them anymore)
Emergency Teleport (what, do they really think Tele-dad is suddenly going to come back? Psychics are sub par without Mind Master, so giving them a boost would be nice.)
Destiny Draw (it did nothing at 2, and 3 would be fun.)
Card Trooper (it actually saw LESS play at 2, and i see no broken plays at 3.)
Summoner Monk (3 is fine. it was limited because of Rescue Cat basically, and at 3 it makes Monk Toolbox decks viable. and he's easily stopped by Maxx or Veiler so 3 is fine.)
The Transmigration Prophesy (this was originally limited because...wait, why was it limited again? exactly.)
Primal See (was limited because of BLS, and he's gone so yeah.)
Tragoedia (it was fine at 2 and it will be fine at 3. it will also prevent some the surge in popularity of Karakuri.)
Call of The Haunted (it did nothing at 2 to my surprise, and Reborn is banned, so 3 is fair.)
Bottomless Trap Hole (if priority stays in the tcg, there's no reason for it to be semi'd like Warning is in the tcg.)
Mind Crush (like many other of these cards, it did fine at 2 so it should do fine at 3, while opening up some fun decks like Gustrake Control.)
Necro Gardna (same as above...give Lightsworn some support since JD is at 1.)
Magical Stone Excavation (bad card is bad)
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:43 am

Why on Earth wouldn't you ban Mind Control, Harper? it's basically change of heart now that Xyz are legal. =/
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:15 am

Friend sent me something about the OCG Banlist.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SVMIlzv0zEc/TzLBTd8mg9I/AAAAAAAABF8/fO1xgZlVf_k/s1600/1z4agrr.jpg
(Top row banned, Second limited, third semi limited, fourth unlimited)

About Kalut i agree i think it should be at 2, but Gale..... i love gale but can not see it coming back soon.

Wind-up wise i agree with just hitting wind-up hunt and/or Zenmaity

As for agents Semi limit Venus and Hyperion

I know BLS should be and i want it to be.........but i don't think it will be.

Then there is sangan, i really feel if nothing happens to tourguide is should be hit, but most likely it will stay where it is.

@harper7000 The Transmigration Prophesy was limited because at 2 and can keep sending 1 card and the other copy back in the deck and loop.

Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:23 am

The trans proph combo is terrible, who cares if you can't deck out, you could just as easily use Recycle to just as much a benefit.
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:25 am

I didn't say i agreed with why its at one just says why it is. lol
Plus its a good disruption card that keeps coming back. you could keep using them on graphs, reborn/Call targets, Plants, and the list goes on.

If it was at Three i would abuse the crap out of it with gadgets or whatever, amazing Troll.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:34 am

I almost always found Crow to be the better grave disrupter but unfortunately Konami loves to make terrible ban lists lol.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:53 am

List isn't real. Hornet isn't super in japan afro
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:01 am

Crow is better at your opponents grave yard disruption but Transmigration Prophesy has more versatility since it also effs you own grave so with T.G. or Gadgets you can recycle or disrupt, or both. I'll leave my opinion about it there since we are getting off topic.

Quincy99 wrote:
List isn't real. Hornet isn't super in japan afro
Kind of figured but like i said a friend sent me it and it wasn't from anywhere official. Figured it would start some discussion anyway
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 9:16 am

On Mind: it was considered to be banned but the main difference between it and Brain/Change is you can take their boss and either attack it if or get rid of it. Gimme your dad and I'll pop your whole field with my five darks and attack for game. Mind is still a GREAT card but it isn't like derp I win whenever you play it. Its also slightly more skilful in the fact that it helps play around problem cards like raioh tengu and reaper. It could stay IMO. Or it could get banned. I'd be cool with either option
On Prophesy: it doesn't really matter that you can loop it since you would still have to actually draw it again. And for Gadgets, Offering + a gadget pretty much means you win anyway. being able to make more xyz is kinda irrelevant bc you simply don't need it.

On the fake list: foolish can be banned for all I care and it would also coincide well with only hitting hornet, so all you have to get it in grave is arma knight and maybe grepher, and then a single crow means game. FF to 2 is retarded. Could you imagine that? Mezuki to 2 wouldn't be so bad. I'd rather not have metamorphosis back for various reasons but restrict is banned so I wouldn't necessarily rage if it happened
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 9:52 am

IIRC, we're not getting the real list until the 21st, which is pretty damn late for a V-Jump issue.

I just want the banlist to make things fun again. Kill the right cards, and we can all be happy.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
canadian_idiot

canadian_idiot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:48 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
Banned:
Sangan
One for One
Lonefire Blossom
Foolish Burial
Future Fusion
Monster Reborn
Mind Control

Limited:
Tribe Infecting Virus
Master Hyperion
Judgment Dragon
Rescue Rabbit
Inzektor Dragonfly
Metamorphosis
Tsukuyomi
Goyo Guardian
Wind-Up Zenmaighty

Semi:
Book of Moon
Black Whirlwind
Maxx "C"
Mezuki

Unlimited:
Magician of Faith
Thousand Eyes Restrict
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Necro Gardna
Summoner Monk
Bottomless Trap Hole

I think this is a pretty good list, based on my observations from a game design perspective. The only thing I might add that comes to mind right now would be Dark Hole being banned.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 am

VioletSk227 wrote:
IIRC, we're not getting the real list until the 21st, which is pretty damn late for a V-Jump issue.

I just want the banlist to make things fun again. Kill the right cards, and we can all be happy.

exactly. it's not even fun to play the decks in this meta. agents are SORTA fun...kinda...all other meta is autopilot. hopefully they'll get hit hard enough that i can win with blackwings too Razz
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 am

This looks to me more like a "What I want banned" than "What will be banned."

Let me just go through my opinions on cards:

Cards to consider for banning:
-Future Fusion. As one Youtuber put it, Future Fusion isn't being used for its original purpose anymore. It's Foolish Burial on speed for Heroes, Dragons, etc. Let's see it gone.
-Dandy/Lonefire. personally, I want the latter so I can still try Junk Doppel stuff with Dandy. But if Dandy gets banned, then Lonefire can go to two, maybe something like Debris as well.
-Maybe Brionac. Though with Brio's reprint coming, banning it would severely hurt sales of HA05: SE, because Gungnir isn't worth getting a crappy pack. So it's a toss-up.
-Trap Dustshoot. Card is based on luck. First turn Dustshoot is nasty. plus, even though it's not totally prevalent, CrushShoot suckssssss.
-Mind Control. This could go either way, but it's really quite broken now with the Xyz's and I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see it go.
-Monster Reborn. Mehhh, I dunno. Lots of people want it banned, lots of people think it's fine. Though if this gets banned, maybe they'll finally bring Magical Stone Excavation to 3. Razz
-Sangan. Like Reborn, I don't really care. It's pretty broken, so it could definitely get hit. I don't care, I run Heroes and Karakuris. Cool

Limited:
-Wind-Up Rat. This nerfs the loop and keeps Wind-Ups playable. 'Nuff said.
-The Agent of Creation - Venus. Yeees, Agents have to get hit someplace, and this seems pretty logical. plus, I've seen some mean stuff with the Shine Balls and Insect Imitation to go into Inzektor stuff... ugh. But yeah, what Harper said about limiting Hyperion instead would be nice as well.
-Inzektor Hornet. D.D. Crow on Hornet if he's limited makes me feel happy just thinking about it.
-Evolzar Laggia, because the guy is a fricking beast. Walking Solemn Judgment, and obviously SJ is limited.

Semi'd:
-Master Hyperion. Because he's insanely easy to summon anyways and is all over the place.
-Blackswing - Kalut the Moon Shadow. Makes me pretty scared to attack them, though, with 2 Honests. I better get me some Debunks.
-Rescue Rabbit. I don't need much explanation.
-Tour Guide from the Underworld. If Sangan stays, I still doubt she goes to 1, but 2 seems fine. I mean, yeah, instant Xyz, but she's a TCG exclusive and almost always run in 3, so putting her at 2 to me seems like it would start some decision-making for those who run her.
-Mystical Space Typhoon. I actually don't really care if this card is hit at all, but I'll run through the scenarios.
1 - Fine, I'll use Dust Tornado if I need more S/T removal.
2 - Fine, I won't edit my decks at all, but no siding in a third for backrow-heavy decks.
3 - Fine, 3 MSTs usually just happens in Games 2-3 anyways.
-Book of Moon. *shrugs* It's a good card. It could also come back to 2 if need be.
-Judgment Dragon. This is just wishful thinking, because even though Lightsworns are meh, I hate getting randomly sacked by two JD's and a BLS in one turn.
-Mezuki. *shrugs again*

Unlimited:
-Magical Stone Excavation. Seriously Konami, who the hell runs this?
-Destiny Draw. TeleDAD ain't coming back, Malicious is staying at 2, E-Tele likely won't go back to 2, so bringing it up to three doesn't have too much effect, other than maybe making Diamond Dude a bit happier.
-Summoner Monk. Because he can go to 3 and be fine, and so I can try out Crane Chaos again.
-Bottomless Trap Hole. Not too many people at all would use it at 3 anyways, so yeah.
-Call of the Haunted. Especially if Reborn bites the dust.

Cards you didn't see me list:
-Leviair the Sea Dragon. Usually run at 1 anyways. Could get limited to stop spamming, but it can stay for all I care. Though it does recycle Hornet... meh. If it gets limited so that that doesn't happen, then great! Laughing
-Wind-Up Hunter/Zenmaighty. Because Rat got hit, duh.
-Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning. Not as broken as when he was banned before, plus he's getting reprinted.
-Goyo Guardian. Oh god no I hate him. Level 6 and 2800 ATK? Effect still huge even with Xyz's around? He can stay and chat with his pal Dark Strike Fighter, thank you very much.
-Royal Oppression. Yeahhhhhno. It can stay too. plus, BW's get enough with the extra Honest. xD
-Tsukuyomi and Tribe-Infecting Virus. Meh.
-Shien's Smoke Signal/Shi En himself. At least I hope not. Six Sams don't need to be made better again, and not just because I'm insanely biased against them.
-Foolish Burial. Actually, this would be an even more reasonable non-hit if Dandy was banned, but I don't find it too bad.

Last edited by NotSoGallantGallade on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:24 pm

I side with Gallade, everything he said is basically how I feel. I would like to point out that there has been rumors of Gishki's getting hit. Makes no sense to me, but w/e, not my problem. I also heard a demand for Giant Trunade to swap with Heavy Storm or Cold Wave subbing in 4 Heavy. I honestly don't know, yet I seem to think that Heavy is definitely staying since there's a downfall to the card: the fact that YOU lose your spells and traps as well when using it. Giant Trunade gets no card loss, it's just a big trolling whore. I personally want Trunade to see the light again, if not then I don't care, my deck is strong with Heavy too.

*sigh*

Once again, we come to the discussion of whether or not Sangan is leaving us.

Q: Is it broken?

A: Is the f*****g sky blue on a sunny day?

These low atk engine cards are getting on a lot of people's nerves, or so I hear. Having them be searched by this demonic looking thing ain't fun. I hear lot of complaints of the Tour Guide/Sangan thing and I'm not too fond of it either. But w/e, if Tour guide gets hit, which it will, Sangan may just stay. Unless Konami hates Tour Guide-Anything. Then we shall see another Metal Raiders classic bite the dust.
Back to top Go down
canadian_idiot

canadian_idiot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:29 pm

It's pointless to argue what WILL be banned, because Konami is retarded. Therefore the only intellectual discussion that can take place is what SHOULD be banned. Hence, I disagree with Gallade on principle.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:31 pm

NoUserName wrote:

A: Is the f*****g sky blue on a sunny day?
Not in China. I've been there; those urban skies are GREY. Razz

Also, I want Heavy to stay for sure. It's easier countered than Trunade, especially by Starlight/Huge Revolution, and discourages the ever-annoying opening play of "Set 4, End turn, Trollface."

Also, to CI, I never said that any of the cards will be banned. All the bullets I posted are my opinions on cards and where I think they could or should go, but I'm no prophet. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:07 pm

the banlist according to sirfunchalot tells me one thing. if it were to be released, then say hello to stall decks. triple swords=9 turns for stalling. 3 magician of faith=3 more swords. so 6 swords=18 turns of stall. but wait 3 book of moon=3 more uses of magician of faith=3 more swords. so 9 swords=27 turns for stall. and lets not forget book of eclipse=1 more use out of magician of faith=10 swords. 10 swords=30 turns for stalling. at normal drawing speed that is only 5 turns to actually do something. but wait, 3 one day of peace means 3 out of 5 turns will be no damage turns, leaving your opponent with 2 turns to do something...if it wasnt for one day of peace deck your opponent out. and thats all with 13 cards. the rest you can have in there for more stalling, recycle the grave, cards to search for magician of faith/swords. and honestly i could probably go on as to why that banlist is a bad one. but the stall decks that would ensue is the main thing
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:12 pm

If you honestly think swords of revealing light is even remotely a good card, you're a bad player.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:13 pm

mixed with other cards, im saying it could be made into a good deck. there are plenty of lockdown decks that could easily be made into a stall deck using the 13 cards i just listed. and like what was said before, it just wont be fun to play, in fact it would be annoying
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:17 pm

The ONLY decent stall deck is Watthopper Stall. The rest are too prone to physical card removal which is outstandingly common in the current metagame. And even if this was to become a relatively popular deck, it still loses to side decks with any form of heavy S/T removal & royal decree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ban List disscussion   Ban List disscussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Ban List disscussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next