Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSeveral malefics on field? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Several malefics on field?

Go down 
+5
LegendaryFrost
SirFunchalot
Nivedo
Vongola-x
conzipe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
conzipe

conzipe

Several malefics on field? Empty
PostSubject: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:06 pm

What happens if I have both skill drain, a field spell and two malefics on the field and then have skill drain destroyed?
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Code:
If "Skill Drain" is negating the effect "There can only be 1 face-up "Malefic" monster on the field." of a monster like "Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon" or "Malefic Red-Eyes B. Dragon" or "Malefic Stardust Dragon", then you still cannot Special Summon a second "Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon", since its effect is still active while it is in the hand.[4]

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Malefic

In other words you cannot have 2 malefic monsters on field.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:30 pm

the only way that you could, and maybe i am wrong, but i would say that you could use book of moon on a malefic monster, special summon the second malefic monster, then flip the other malefic. and i may be wrong about that but that is the only way that i can see it happening
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:56 pm

If a malefic monster is set while another one is face-up, if the set one is flipped face up it is destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:05 pm

i was putting the scenario alongside with the original one where skill drain is involved
Back to top Go down
conzipe

conzipe

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Right, the scenario I had in my game was this:

Scenario:

I had both Necrovalley and skilldrain active on the field and special summon Malefic stardust dragon and attacked with it. Then my opponent used book of moon on stardust when I tried to attack.

During my opponents turn he/she set among other things a mystical space typhoon face-down.

Then during my turn I summoned Malefic Cyber End Dagon and flip summoned Malefic Stardust then my opponent chained MST and destroyed skill drain.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:26 am

Stardust and Skill drain are destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Magicknight94

Magicknight94

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:59 am

conzipe wrote:
Right, the scenario I had in my game was this:

Scenario:

I had both Necrovalley and skilldrain active on the field and special summon Malefic stardust dragon and attacked with it. Then my opponent used book of moon on stardust when I tried to attack.

During my opponents turn he/she set among other things a mystical space typhoon face-down.

Then during my turn I summoned Malefic Cyber End Dagon and flip summoned Malefic Stardust then my opponent chained MST and destroyed skill drain.

You cannot flip summon it, you need to use things like Ceasefire to flip it up.

This is the only way to have 2 Malefics on the field.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:25 am

Or it is possible that the malefic is flipped by an attack, so card eff flip or battle, can't flip "summon"
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:41 am

Vongola you are also correct! But what are the chances?
Back to top Go down
Exiled

Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 am

Basically, YOU can't legally place another Malefic monster on the field, but if you have one set and skill drain is active you can use a card effect to flip the monster, or it being fliped by game machanics i.e. battle.
Back to top Go down
conzipe

conzipe

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks for the answers so far. I just kind of assumed it would work to flip summon. Basically because it seems like the effect is not "active" the same way it is in the hand as it's face-down and unaware that another malefic monster is on the field.

I'm still curious about what would happen if the monster is instead flipped by an another card effect or battle though.

Back to top Go down
Exiled

Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:33 pm

If skill drain is active, nothing. The reason you can't purposely play 2 malefics is because that the one not being negated by skill drain still has the condition "there can only be 1 face up malefic monster on the field" conditions are always aplied, whether it be in the grave, hand or deck.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Exiled wrote:
If skill drain is active, nothing. The reason you can't purposely play 2 malefics is because that the one not being negated by skill drain still has the condition "there can only be 1 face up malefic monster on the field" conditions are always aplied, whether it be in the grave, hand or deck.

the "there can only be 1...blah blah blah" is an effect, not a condition. so if you have one in your hand and one on the field with skill drain, the "Highlander Clause" would apply because of the one in the hand.
Back to top Go down
conzipe

conzipe

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Exiled wrote:
If skill drain is active, nothing.

Which is why the question is what happens when skill drain is destroyed in such a situation.
Back to top Go down
Exiled

Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Then im pretty sure the last one summoned is destroyed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Several malefics on field?   Several malefics on field? Empty

Back to top Go down

Several malefics on field?
Page 1 of 1