Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSweltering heat transmission field I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sweltering heat transmission field

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

Sweltering heat transmission field Empty
PostSubject: Sweltering heat transmission field   Sweltering heat transmission field EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:53 am

Send 2 "Laval" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard.

so if i have no cards in my grave and i use this card to send, for example, laval burner and tender of the laval volcano.

tenders effect is:

When this card is sent to the Graveyard while a "Laval" monster other than "Tender of the Laval Volcano" is in your Graveyard, you can send 1 "Laval" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.

my question is would i get tenders effect, or would it not meet the requirements. I ask because i have heard both sides of the argument. the argument for is that tender will not check for requirements until after it is sent to the grave by sweltering heat, and so when it checks, there is another laval in the grave meeting the requirements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweltering heat transmission field   Sweltering heat transmission field EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:16 am

Both cards are sent simultaneously, so until it fully resolves, it will treat your graveyard as being empty. Because of the word 'while', there has to be something in their before this effect begins to resolve.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Sweltering heat transmission field   Sweltering heat transmission field EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:36 am

yay it wasnt locked so now i can revive this from the dead.
anyways below in the spoiler is a chat that i had when i was going against someone else who was using lavals and first turn they played sweltering heat transmission field and sent lancelord and tender. they continued sending and i tried arguing with them about the ruling, based off of what was said above, and comparing it with infernity archfiend.

here are the two card effects and the discussion with the admin

tender
"When this card is sent to the Graveyard while a "Laval" monster other than "Tender of the Laval Volcano" is in your Graveyard, you can send 1 "Laval" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard."

sweltering heat transmission field
"Send 2 "Laval" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard."

Spoiler:

unless i missed something, he either didnt explain the mechanics behind why it worked or i just missed the explanation.

so can someone give me the mechanics behind why this would work, or some undeniable proof that will prove my point?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Sweltering heat transmission field   Sweltering heat transmission field EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:52 am

Tender of the Laval does not activate when it is selected as a target in the deck for the effect of Sweltering Heat Transmission Field. It activates when the effect of SHTF has resolved, no card effects activate during the effect of another, they can be activated in response or activate after, but never during, keeping this in mind, TotL activates after SHTF has fully resolved, at this time it is in the Graveyard with another Laval monster, so its effect WILL activate and send another Laval from the Deck to the Graveyard.
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Sweltering heat transmission field   Sweltering heat transmission field EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:16 pm

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Tender_of_the_Laval_Volcano

Why don't you guys check Rulings before asking >_>
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Sweltering heat transmission field   Sweltering heat transmission field EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:22 pm

well i would still like for a explanation. sure its yugioh text, but even yugioh text makes sense, which is why i asked for the game mechanics of it
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Sweltering heat transmission field   Sweltering heat transmission field EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:23 pm

The only qualm I have with the ruling on that page is that it doesn't state that it will activate if TotL is sent to the Graveyard from the Banished Zone, which it will also activate (example being Burial From the Different Dimension).
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Sweltering heat transmission field   Sweltering heat transmission field EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:19 pm

it's probably like Dandylion and Burial from the different dimension. if dandy goes from the banished zone to the grave, by burial from a different dimension or other effect, then you will not special summon 2 tokens.
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Sweltering heat transmission field   Sweltering heat transmission field EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:43 pm

j0hnb0i wrote:
it's probably like Dandylion and Burial from the different dimension. if dandy goes from the banished zone to the grave, by burial from a different dimension or other effect, then you will not special summon 2 tokens.

Exactly.

This same thing applies to Tender-Burial.

Return to Grave is not considered "sent" to the Grave, so Tender won't activate.

Same rule applies to Dandy returning to Grave by Burial, or Fortune's Future returning a FL to the GY even if D.Fissure is face-up on the field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweltering heat transmission field   Sweltering heat transmission field Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweltering heat transmission field
Page 1 of 1