Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeChaining Question. I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chaining Question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

Chaining Question. Empty
PostSubject: Chaining Question.   Chaining Question. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Mmkay, so here's a question I have based off of something that would have happened in a duel between another DGA and myself (Had my internet not died).

Heavy Storm wrote:
Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field.
Starlight Road wrote:
Activate only when an effect is activated that would destroy 2 or more cards you control. Negate the effect and destroy that card. Then, you can Special Summon 1 "Stardust Dragon" from your Extra Deck.
Mystical Space Typhoon wrote:
Target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy that target.

My question is this:
If this other member activates Heavy Storm, I chain with Starlight Road, and he chains with Mystical Space Typhoon (To destroy his own Heavy Storm), what exactly happens?

Yes, I know, chains resolve backwords. His MST destroys his Heavy Storm. But it doesn't negate. Starlight Road says activate when an -effect is activated- that would destroy two or more cards I control. And then I get to special summon (And it doesn't say if I successfully destroy the card). I see three possible options.

Option 1: MST destroys Heavy Storm, Starlight Road negates the effect of Heavy Storm (But can't destroy it), a wild Stardust Dragon appears.
Option 2: MST destroys Heavy Storm, Starlight Road doesn't negate the effect of Heavy Storm, a wild Stardust Dragon appears.
Option 3: MST destroys Heavy Storm, Starlight Road doesn't resolve because it cannot destroy Heavy Storm, a wild Stardust Dragon doesn't appear.

I would assume option one, because the effect of Heavy Storm seems to be the important part, rather than destroying the card itself. Can anyone provide some insight?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Chaining Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaining Question.   Chaining Question. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:28 pm

The activation requirement to play Starlight Road was met, so it will negate the effect of Heavy Storm. Starlight Road, however, MUST destroy a card in order to Special Summon a "Stardust Dragon" from your Extra Deck. If for whatever reason the effect negated cannot be destroyed by Starlight Road itself, you will not get your Stardust Dragon.

Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

Chaining Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaining Question.   Chaining Question. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Option 4: MST destroys Heavy Storm, Starlight Road negates the effect of Heavy Storm (But can't destroy it), a wild Stardust Dragon doesn't appear.

^ That, then?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Chaining Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaining Question.   Chaining Question. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Yep, that's what happens.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Chaining Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaining Question.   Chaining Question. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Funch is correct
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

Chaining Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaining Question.   Chaining Question. EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 6:44 am

Wow, I learned something today xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chaining Question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaining Question.   Chaining Question. Empty

Back to top Go down

Chaining Question.
Page 1 of 1