Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader Empty
PostSubject: Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader   Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Ok this happen to my Friend a while back at a regional. A guy playing Glads attacks with a glad beast attacks and destroys tree-born frog, so then then he try to attack direct with his second glad, my friend drops battle phader. The big Question is can the glad play tag with the monster that attacked the monster. The reason it is questionable is because Glads tag at the end of the battle phase, and battle fader says it negates the attack and end the battle phase. My friend said he couldn't tag and a judge ruled for the glad player. So who was right my friend or the judge?
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader   Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Yes, Gladiators that went through dmg step will be able to tag.

Gladiator Beast effects take place during the End Step of the Battle Phase. Battle Fader skips every subphase of the Battle Phase and takes the game directly to the End Step of the BP, wich is where tagging effects activate and resolve.
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader   Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Ok, i thought it would not because battle fader would send the turn straight to main phase 2 so the end of the battlephase wouldn't happen.
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader   Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:11 pm

That's a common mistake.

"When you end the Battle Phase with "Battle Fader" the game moves to the End Step of the Battle Phase."

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Battle_Fader
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader   Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader Empty

Back to top Go down

Gladiatorbeast vs Battle Fader
Page 1 of 1