Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTests are wrong I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tests are wrong

Go down 
+8
Vongola-x
coolchemist2001
Nedvedd
Nivedo
Harper7000
BliTz
LegendaryFrost
Tarantila
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarantila

Tarantila

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi there. I think the ygo atm moment mean, not need creativity and deck making skillz. Enough the ctrl+v and make a deck. I think the test mean, the skillz. If a player using a Copy deck u don'T know the deck building skill, the meta and can't give u the playing skillz real. Some players are using same decks atm, so i think need the more steps test.
Exmple ban cards:
- Tour guide
- Tengu
- Librarian
- TG EM1
- Grapha
- Karakuri ninishi/nishamu
- Hyperion
- Judgment Dragon
- Rescue Rabbit

I think forgot some cards, but it's meanles cuz if u accept my suggestion, u will make the list.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 1:40 pm

I have to agree with this, nowadays during any test you see the same decks continuously and in the more likely cases the players using the decks aren't even that good, or don't know how to properly play them which basically may allow them to noob sack the hell out of testers :S. So I guess banning the cards would be alright only thing I can say not to ban is JD,Tengu,Libra and Tour guide since those cards aren't necessarily restricted to the same old top tier decks.
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:12 pm

banning cards are dumb, it's better if u just allow tier 2 or lower decks. Although it's ultimately up to the tester of what he wants.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:25 pm

I ban the sackiest decks for tests for reasons you mentioned. Banning certain cards like tour guide and staple synchs isn't a good idea though. Most anything uses them
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:25 pm

yea i have to agree with what harper said should still be allowed out of the ones mentioned in the original post. especially Librarian and reborn tengu. librarian mostly because i have been advised, and several times where i could easily just toss into my current main deck and use it to a great advantage.

but banning some cards that take no skill to use, and are easy to pull off i would agree to ban, but that aside the testing is good enough and the testers can also make a rule themselves saying that if you use a top tier deck there will be penalties.
Back to top Go down
Nedvedd

Nedvedd

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:01 pm

I also don't like the idea of banning single cards. Some of the mentioned in the first post can be used in many many decks as I noticed the last few days and they can make those decks bring more options to the player. So imo the tester should ban only decks, not cards Smile
Back to top Go down
coolchemist2001

coolchemist2001

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:36 am

BliTz wrote:
banning cards are dumb, it's better if u just allow tier 2 or lower decks. Although it's ultimately up to the tester of what he wants.
Agree to this. After all, the tested individual has to play something, and if you ban everything what will he play?
When I was a tester I allowed any deck except the boring ones (exodia, mill, etc), and then would grade upon ruling knowledge and deduct points for misplays during duels, and put totally minor points for whether or not the duel was won or lost. Once I gave highest dorm to someone who I beat in all 3 of the test duels (remember Tinothesinner?)
Back to top Go down
Tarantila

Tarantila

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:42 am

coolchemist2001 wrote:
BliTz wrote:
Agree to this. After all, the tested individual has to play something, and if you ban everything what will he play?
When I was a tester I allowed any deck except the boring ones (exodia, mill, etc), and then would grade upon ruling knowledge and deduct points for misplays during duels, and put totally minor points for whether or not the duel was won or lost. Once I gave highest dorm to someone who I beat in all 3 of the test duels (remember Tinothesinner?)

Yes i know. The skill not meaning who won the test duels. But, some newbie players don't understand that. Cuz they think if beat the testers who not use copy meta shit sometimes, mean the tested player go for the Highest dorm ,or he's a great player.

Look have some decks atm, what can make easy advantage, everybody can copy there. So the deck building skill is not a true point in the test. The skill and the other, who can controlling the match example, if your opponent has a card what can beat u toatally example 1 dim. fissure against DW. U don't have chance if not sack. A simple example the Jurrac decks, i think it's not a skill eater deck so anybody can use that.

I think the Test mean: need know the duelist real skillz, deck, play and ruling. And the one of the best skill the creativity ex: Kiryu111 but i think now the players using only copy decks. Yeah i know i think i can't make better deck as a YCS winner, so that's true. But if everybody using same decks, the only main difference will be the luck, after the Skill. (if 2 good duelists play)
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:47 am

I guess bottomline is, tests need to be more strict to properly assess those being tested. :S Though I do find it funny how many ppl are surprised when they use only top tier decks, and I don't give them highest dorm if they win cuz of misplays, and even after I post the results they ask if I can duel their other decks so they can prove to me w.e. they want :/
Back to top Go down
Tarantila

Tarantila

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:55 am

Answer: Yes u can take test with another deck, a few month later Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:31 am

Banning single cards won't happen, we ban entire decks here, for example I ban DW... So the question here is "Should we, testers, ban all the same decks or have separate bans?" I think, so that tester fishing won't happen we should all have the same ban deck list. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Nivedo

Nivedo

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:45 am

that would seem most appropriate to ban the same decks. but i still like my idea about taking off points or being more strict about scoring them if they use the cards listed in the first post, or most of them anyways.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:26 am

I agree with Vongola. All testers should have the same list of banned decks. But I also like Nivendo idea that if a person decides to disregard the banned decks, it'll result in a losses of points. Losing points fur using good cards I don't agree with though
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:40 am

Fishing sux, though I agree with Vongy we would have to have a discussion on what decks to ban
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 4:20 am

Ban all tier 63 decks. I'm looking at you total defense shogun OTK afro
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 4:54 am

I don't think you honestly need to ban any decks or cards. If the person being tested is a scrub and happens to be using Dark World, they will missplay like a typical scrub and it won't matter, so they still won't get into the top dorm. Personally I feel that more ruling questions should be asked at the end of the duels because they give the tester an accurate assessment of that players knowledge of game mechanics and usually the more information with regard to card rulings a player knows the more skilled at the game they are, which usually leads to a higher dorm. The tester should use their best deck and so should their opponent, because in any real life major event, that's the way it would be.
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:53 am

I suppose you haven't faced too many noob sackers. The guy I once tested used a rabbit jurrac deck, sacked the hell out of me but didn't know that if duality is used, that u can't special summon O_o thing is regardless of duality because of the deck itself(which I'm pretty sure he didn't make) gave him what he needed to win with no problems.
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:55 am

well i didnt mean to make it seem like losing points for using good cards, not at all. what i mean as far as grading them more strictly if they use such cards would be like ignoring the use of that card and grade everything else. or if they have done something MUCH better with the card, or make and obvious/no skill move with the card then then take 1/2 point off or something. now it seems like i contradicted myself but all i mean is to grade a bit more nitpicky when grading them if they were to use such cards.

and what i am saying also has to deal with the situation that Frost had said
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:07 am

I think the only reason I made stardust was because I sacked scorp in my test using synchro cat back in the day =b
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:26 am

This discussion point is over, we will continue in the staff section, for a staff discussion and will inform you guys later.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
redgar

redgar

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:53 am

Just saw this so I am expressing my opinion. I agree with SiFunchalot. I mean it is easy to see if a person knows how to play the game or not. Just by using a good deck doesnt mean the player is good as well. So as far as I am concerned I do not think testers should ban any decks.
Back to top Go down
Nedvedd

Nedvedd

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:12 am

IMO and in my personal experience, there shouldnt be banned decks, but every tester must have some ban decks in his topic. After that players decide on which tester they should go and give their best vs him/her/it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tests are wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tests are wrong   Tests are wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

Tests are wrong
Page 1 of 1