Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeChampions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)

Go down 
+2
Scorpion67
JakeLegion
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) Empty
PostSubject: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:43 pm

This is because in response to me posting this the first time, i was shot down with a mention of "we have a signer holder system" But while talking to DGA members i realized that over 75% of these people were not even aware of this system and the people that DID know, were sure that it was a waste and not being acted upon.
A big hit could be competition between members for a certain title, like WWE belt matches. Multiple TYPES of belts could be possible and with each belt a certain in
"special duel" ability.
Example:
- The Clover Belt (the current holder can draw an extra card up to 2 times a duel)
- The Steel Belt (the current holder can negate up to 2 attacks a duel)
- The Rainbow Belt (the current holder gains 100 life points every one of their standby phases
- The Visionary Belt (the user can reveal the top three cards of their deck, the opponent then chooses one card at random, that card is then added to the users hand. This effect can be used only once a duel)
- The Reaper Belt (The current holder can pay 1000 life points to return one of their banished card to their graveyard. This effect can only be used once per duel.)
ect...

The holders of these belts can "upgrade" them by spending DG points or by completing certain tacks, and when the upgrade has occurred the belt becomes more powerful.
Some Task could be
- To upgrade the reaper belt from lv 1 to 2 , one must defeat a total of 3 staff members in three different matches.
- To upgrade the reaper belt from lv 2 to 3 , one must defeat a total of 2 staff members in two different matches, not losing a single duel in the process.
- To upgrade the reaper belt from lv 3 to 4 , one must defeat a total of 3 staff members in three different matches, not losing a single duel in the process.

An Example of the Levels are these,
The Reaper Belt-
lv 1) The current holder can pay 1000 life points to return one of their banished card to their graveyard. This effect can only be used once per duel.

lv 2) The current holder can pay 1000 life points to return one a banished card to the owners graveyard. This effect can only be used once per duel.

lv 3) The current holder can pay 750 life points to return one of their banished card to their graveyard. This effect can only be used once per duel.

lv 4) The current holder can pay 750 life points to return one a banished card to the owners graveyard. This effect can only be used once per duel.

These duels could be called..... Genesis Duels, and during these duels the Belt holder can use the effect of his/her belt, but if the person challenging them wins they receive the belt and must defend it. The more "powered up" the user is with different levels of the belt they hold, the harder they are to defeat. When an opposing challenger duels and defeats a "Champion (belt holder)" they will get the belt they are awarded at Level 1, the belt resets levels when it switches users.

The original Belts will be given to the people that are most active to date.

Of course these may not be the final outlook, but it will give people the chance to strive for something and see themselves self-improving to defeat those above them. i guarantee that if word of this gets out into the dorm, that alot of people will get into this. So Help Please Admins.

Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:59 pm

I had a similar Idea long time ago and its a cool Idea you have, but the problem is that people might be active in it. DGA suel arena isn't really the most active arena in all the academies, but if people show interest in it, we might hire some admins to take care of it Smile
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Yeah I'm goingto delete the destiny thingy soon. Pretty much what scorp said, people haven't been active in duel arenas bc admins didn't give points, but as you can see in recent topics, John has caught up on it and he AND fallen are assigned, so I imagine we'll gain more activity in duel arenas soon. Then maybe we'll do this
Back to top Go down
The MNZ Satellite Cannon

The MNZ Satellite Cannon

PostSubject: Re: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:03 pm

A idea to this system would be a "Belt Replica", a buyable item similal to its respective belt. It's way nerfed and can't be upgraded. Belt Replicas are infinite but each people can only hold one.(no 2 of same, no 2 different)
I.e.

Rainbow Belt Replica: "During your Standby Phase you can pay 50 Life Points to gain 100 Life Points at End Phase."
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:11 pm

lol'd at Manzur xD

But I really like the idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:55 am

I thought of another one. The "No Brokeness For You" Belt. When your opponent summons BLS, you win the duel
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:59 am

xD That's gotta be one harp xD
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:20 am

I also like the idea but the thing is are members willing to participate?
Back to top Go down
The MNZ Satellite Cannon

The MNZ Satellite Cannon

PostSubject: Re: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:11 am

Harper7000 wrote:
I thought of another one. The "No Brokeness For You" Belt. When your opponent summons BLS, you win the duel

Chuck Norris approves this belt. xD
Back to top Go down
JakeLegion

JakeLegion

PostSubject: Re: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:06 am

@ Scorp and Harper
The beauty about this thing is that regulation would be easy, it wouldn't need the same amount of work that adding and subtracting points daily would bring.
1) There wouldn't be Genesis Duels as OFTEN as their would be Arena Duels
2) When a Genesis Duel happens, if the opposing duelist loses then nothing happens. Which will be more times than not.
3) When the opposing duelist wins, only a quick change of belt is required not a complicated distribution of points regularly.
@ MNZ Cannon
I like the overall idea, but with the ability to buy the belts, there would be no stimulus to duel others with the belt you have. I.E. I if i but the "No Brokeness for You" belt then, what next? There is no reason to defend it, because other people can just buy the same belt.
@Redgar
Idk, its your decision. your a member, its your input and participation that fuels the Champion Belt experience. The main thing i was trying to do when i thought of this is a giant Arena where ALL members can get together and duel. Not like the Duel Arena we already have where duels are 1 vs 1, but this is a WWE type experience. Where we all witness who conquers who and we all get better and try to 1-UP the people that have already 1-Upped us. If we get the word out about this, and market it smartly. I think it would be a bit hit.
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:10 am

I agree with the idea completely! Hope this works ounds interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)   Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA) Empty

Back to top Go down

Champions Belts ( A New Tech To DGA)
Page 1 of 1