Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTrishula's effect I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trishula's effect

Go down 
+3
Scorpion67
Harper7000
infernal_archmage
7 posters
AuthorMessage
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 4:06 pm

I have a question, the situation's like this:
I synchro summon Trishula, while my opponent has a monster and a face down card on his back row, then I choose the back row card to be removed from play, he chains the set card, which is Scapegoat,.
Can I choose another target on the field to be removed since the 1st target was invalidated?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Nope. The effect only happens once, so you can't switch later. The other cards you selected will still be removed however. Btw get tested so we can get you a dorm and you won't have to sleep in the street Razz
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 4:47 pm

sleep in the street is never good XD
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:41 am

actually, you don't choose the cards you want to remove from play until the effect resolves. your opponent would have to activate any cards he/she wants to activate at the activation of trishula's effect when it is synchro summoned.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:14 am

j0hnb0i wrote:
actually, you don't choose the cards you want to remove from play until the effect resolves. your opponent would have to activate any cards he/she wants to activate at the activation of trishula's effect when it is synchro summoned.
how did i not know that? o_O
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:45 am

Lol john is right, thats why trishula is so broken you get to choose after your opp chains all his cards, he can't activate after you pick.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:49 am

OK, new info, thanks guys Very Happy

but could u give us the ruling so we have proof?
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 am

I feel like a noob now I've been using her for like a year and didn't know that >.<. Yeah and can you post a link to ruling plz?
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:11 am

You choose the cards to be removed from play when resolving the effect of "Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier".

So you can chain to the summon of the card with BTH or CED, but trishula does not target; nor does the effect occur until the card resolves; so your chaining to it's effect..so it won't actually rfp cards until Chain Link 1 when it's effect resolves...so the person using trishula has the luxury of deciding what to RFP after the chain's after it has resolved...so your opponent wont have to waste the effect on a card your activating on the field...

So unless you Warning//Judgment//Rai-Oh,Etc....your at the mercy of your opponent using trishula basically...as your losing a card(s) without the chance to chain them :S

Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:25 am

the ruling is in wiki under OCG rulings for Trishula. and it's source is from Konami FAQ which is a reliable source.
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:09 pm

oh okay! I just had to confirm it myself since most of my buddies here won't agree with me..Rolling Eyes
I truly dislike the way they disagree with me...
thanks all!
by the way, this may sound dumb but its better to be ignorant to pretend to know it all, what does the dueling information stand for under your name?coz i have none.. bounce
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:31 pm

you get experience when you win/top competitions on the forum, but you have to be tested and get a rank haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trishula's effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trishula's effect   Trishula's effect Empty

Back to top Go down

Trishula's effect
Page 1 of 1