Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTech of The Week #1 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech of The Week #1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Tech of The Week #1 Empty
PostSubject: Tech of The Week #1   Tech of The Week #1 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Sup guys, I know im kinda innactive lately, but I'm working and its taking a lot of my time. I'm sparing money for my laptop and i think in 2 more paychecks i will have both the laptop and the internet.

Well letys go back to what i wanted to share with you. Every week or two weeks i will be doing a tech of the week. I wanted to start this last month but i was really busy. Now that i have a little of free time lets start the 1st tech of the week with Scorp Wink

The tech of this week : ANTI SPELL FRAGRANCE

Tech of The Week #1 300px-Anti-SpellFragranceCP05-EN-R-UE

I'm sure that when Nero will see this he will make a fool of me because last week i was telling him that anti spell was kinda slow in a darksimorgh deck even if it is pretty effective when you pull it out but meh, i changed my ways and let me explain Why !

Well, i dont know whats going on on the KC yugioh lately, but in Real Life Yugioh the Fish FTK deck is VERY Popular. The deck is really anoying and wins a lot of tournaments but what makes the effectivity of the deck is the speed the deck gets with the spells and swap frog. Thats when anti spell fragrance comes into play.

This tech is not for every deck, This teech is exclusively for Sabers and Blackwings. I'm not saying other decks cannot use it but they just cant use it like blackwings and sabers do.

Anti spell Force both players to set their spell cards for a whole turn before you can use them and that put the decks that use a frog engine deck in a bad position because they cant sp sumon treeborn frog from their graveyard if they have a backrow and when you go against X-Sabers or blackwings, set your cards its not a very good Idea, Especialy against sabers. I think that all you you got the point now Wink. When you are forcing your opponent to set his spells for a turn before he can use them, you are also making a setup for a destructive Hyunlei ( Icarus for blackwings ) and thats how you beat that deck Wink.

This technique is not only good against the Fish FTK deck, it is also good against Monarchs and all the decks that plays a lot of spells. If your Tire of loosing against against Frog FTW and your a Saber player, You should consider 2 spots for this card in your Side Deck Wink

Hope you like the tech of this week Wink

Last edited by Scorpion67 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Tech of The Week #1   Tech of The Week #1 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Interesting article my friend! Very Happy Wouah for god sake I hate these fish otk deck that has been swimming around my locals! Since i'm a Plant and Gb player i'll think about it Razz Maybe your next Tech of the week will be Prohibition? XD I just love Prohibition!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Tech of The Week #1   Tech of The Week #1 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Lol i know youre tired of that freaking deck, i we play at rhe same locals bro XD thats the reason why I wrote this. Even tho I'm not a saber player, I know how to play them very well and I know this can rape fish. A guys at the game Keeper did it last week and its was so funny to see it XD.

About the next tech of the week, I'm not sure if it will be prohibiton, but i will consider it since it is a freaking good card in control decks and I know you play it in GB main deck now and your doing good with it. maybe you can help me to write it Wink
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Tech of The Week #1   Tech of The Week #1 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:22 pm

This may sound like a noob question, but wat exactly makes a card tech?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Tech of The Week #1   Tech of The Week #1 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:40 am

The best exemple that i can give ya about a tach card is probably nobleman of crossout. A tea
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: Tech of The Week #1   Tech of The Week #1 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:49 am

dude i didnt wanna tell you i told u so but .....
I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!
lol , thanks for not underate this card and taking it for consideration

cya around nero here from the Lone Star State saying to you

Nero Out
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Tech of The Week #1   Tech of The Week #1 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:53 am

This may sound like a noob question, but wat exactly makes a card tech?

A tech card can be one of two things.
1. A card that is not absolutely necessary to a deck engine but has decent synergy with it and is a good card overall. An example of this would be Mind Control in Blackwings. Mind Control is a good example of a generic tech card. Not all decks use it but all CAN use it with effectiveness. In x-sabers it may as well be in the engine but not so much in bw. Therefore it's a tech. It doesn't have to be as generic as Mind Control though, it can be like using Evil Thorns in a Quickdraw deck. Basically it's a card in your main deck that works well with the engine by is5 part of the engine
2. A card that you tech into your deck to deal with problematic decks. Basically it's a card in your side deck Razz. There's not just one way to run a side deck, for example Scorp's locals apparently are being invaded by Fish, so he will want to side against that. Only one guy where I am has a Fish deck and he doesn't always use it either, so it's better to side harder against something else. Additionally, if one type of deck is REALLY annoying, sometimes people will actually main deck tech (side deck) cards so they can side even more against them. With stuff like Probibition and Nobleman of Crossout that are more generic tech, that's doable. But IMO side deck cards should stay in the side deck Razz
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Tech of The Week #1   Tech of The Week #1 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:10 am

thnx for da help on that guyz
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Tech of The Week #1   Tech of The Week #1 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:44 pm

Lol harper, its funny that you mentioned Probinition because sometimes I discuss my tech of the weeks with Tinycrash ( he has not been posting lately but he checks the forum. He is a friend of mine ) and he is playing a GB deck with prohibition in main deck and before i wrote my 2nd tech of the week, i asked him if he had a card to suggest and he told me Prohibition XD But then i chosed Gemini imps because i know that lot of people didn't knew that card yet.
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Tech of The Week #1   Tech of The Week #1 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:41 pm

Prohibition is the bomb! People should consider it when playing control deck or whatever like Gadget! But with Gb it work great! =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech of The Week #1   Tech of The Week #1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech of The Week #1
Page 1 of 1