Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFavorite Dark Horse Deck? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Dark Horse Deck?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Favorite Dark Horse Deck? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Dark Horse Deck?   Favorite Dark Horse Deck? EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:02 am

Probably a bit late to be discussing this, with WCQs and Nationals taking place and Worlds just around the corner, but I am interested to see what replies come up, especially since we do have a month and a half left of the format.

Basically, other than the main decks of the format (Dragon Rulers and Prophecies), what are your favorite decks to combat them or just to screw around with this format?

I know the "Tier 2" is pretty much Constellars and Evilswarms, so they'll probably get some mentions (or would if this was reaching a larger audience), but personally, I've been playing with Redox Psychics and have achieved a good amount of success with the deck (first with an Overdrive build, then shifting to a less aggressive, more consistent). The deck makes Nat. Beast for Prophecies, Crimson Blader for Dragons, and Psychic Jumper is absolutely incredible as a themed Creature Swap that can be tutored with one of 3 E-Teleports or mons like Serene Psychic Witch or Silent Psychic Wizard. Also, with a lack of backrow, the deck can make its plays without worrying about much impeding them (though hand traps do work pretty well at times)...

What say you guys? What decks do you like right about now, in this unique format?
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dark Horse Deck?   Favorite Dark Horse Deck? EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:40 am

For me it's Evilswarm obv. If I'm not playing the best deck, I'm at least playing the best anti-meta one.
Ophion/Iron Wall shut down Dragons and you have EEV to hate on Prophecy.

You can't play Yugioh against Dragons/Prophecy because they generate too much advantage.You have to lock them out of the game completely and that's what Evilswarms try to achieve.

It's inferior to the best decks, but someone with the right build should top with it.

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dark Horse Deck?   Favorite Dark Horse Deck? EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Evilswarm, Constellar, and Fire Fist almost don't even count to me bc they're so close to being Tier 1. They might not be sided against but they'll be expected and I think they will make some kind of showing. But they will likely not be hit hard if at all in the banlist, which will be fairly soon already...where did the time go?

Anyway, I doubt it will make a showing in World's or anything, but I've been having an unusual amount of success with Karakuri Geargia. It has great consistency and rarely has any bad hands, plus it's easy to explode. The bonus is that since when you explode, you toolboxed 90% of your monster lineup, so you will basically only draw spells and traps (that turn if you play Bureido right). You need basically no spell or trap for the engines themselves, so you're free to stock your slots with whatever kind of hate you feel like. You'll end up with a field of 3 Burei/Bureido and a Stardust/Crimson Blader, then you can set stuff like Iron Wall, Mind Drain, Deck Lockdown, Lances, Chains, etc. This is especially effective against Prophecy, since they have no protection whatsoever and you just blow them away the next turn. Dragon Rulers at least have a chance to Big Eye you if you didn't draw into enough traps or use Blader.

Downside is, Evilswarm is a thing and you're simply SOL if you can't special summon synchros. You can still pull off a win if you can get rid of him, you DO have lots of traps for an OTKish deck. But Evilswarm have the clear advantage. Very doubtful it will go anywhere in anything big right now, but it is very fun to play and a good dark horse against the top 2 decks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dark Horse Deck?   Favorite Dark Horse Deck? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Dark Horse Deck?
Page 1 of 1