Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeYCS Tacoma/Seattle I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YCS Tacoma/Seattle

Go down 
+2
NotSoGallantGallade
j0hnb0i
6 posters
AuthorMessage
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 am

Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Inzektors win, Mermail take second (and another spot in Top 4, along with Wind-Ups).

Well damn.

At least Prophecy didn't top, so their prices will go down. =D
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Actually spellcaster stuff is still going up because of the next set
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:20 pm

It better not be. I want my pipe dream of getting Prophecies together IRL to at least have a 1% chance of happening without me having to sell my soul to get 2 Towers and a playset of Priestesses.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:24 am

I am so not surprised that inzektors won this time. Like I said to a lot of people, bugs are pretty viable right now because people use soul drain in their side decks to counter both Dark world and mermails so they dont use shadow imp no more wich advantage inzektors a lot but I guess people will start siding against inzektors again now Razz Sad Story !
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 5:23 am

The Inzektor deck is solid but nothing major to worry about. It's clear that Agents,Mermails and Wind-Ups are the best decks imo. (already thought this before the event was finished)

It just so happens that luck is a factor and any deck can win.

Like what are you going to do if Dragonfly+Hornet goes through?
Same thing with the Six Sam guy: What are you going to do if someone opens broken with Gateway and multiple backrows like Solemn,etc.?

You're going to lose and it won't matter if you're playing a better deck.

The dude was pretty chill though and played the deck for a long time , so it's cool.
It wasn't a great meta call (Macro Rabbit was), it was just a solid deck, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:15 am

Yeah macro rabbit was greath call for that ycs with so many mermails and agents. I was expecting robert boyajian to make it at least to top 8. Somebody knows what did he lost to in top 32 ?
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Everyone at the event was going crazy after inzektors won. We all got drunk and celebrated that Simon and I were the only ones out of our friends that made it to day 2 haha. I should go to these more often
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:35 pm

What u went to seattle and u.didn't brought pictures or videos 0.o what were u playing?
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:38 pm

NotSoGallantGallade wrote:
Inzektors win

What the hell? Inzektors suck now...i mean, they're not totally unplayable garbage but seriously, what the hell?
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Scorpion67 wrote:
What u went to seattle and u.didn't brought pictures or videos 0.o what were u playing?

Look at the link I posted...haha
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Harper7000 wrote:
NotSoGallantGallade wrote:
Inzektors win

What the hell? Inzektors suck now...i mean, they're not totally unplayable garbage but seriously, what the hell?

>Hornet and Dragonfly at 3, no YCS wins
>Hornet and Dragonfly at 1, wins first YCS

YUGIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 am

Guyz dont foret that billy brake went undefeated in swiss at the second ycs of the format or at least X-1 and he took the 3rd place of the event withi inzektors. Inzektors are not complete garbagage, there not tier 1 ofcbut if inzektors go against a deck that dont main macro cosmos or don't side d.d crows they still descent.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:52 am

Food for thought:

Normally you should always play "the best deck" if you want to win
(Mermail,Wind-Up,Agent)
or a good meta call
(Macro Rabbit for example)

But since the format is diverse and "anything can win" , you can allow yourself to play a Tier 2 deck that you are comfortable with and that isn't horrible against the expected field.

If you play the Tier 2 deck at a higher level than the Tier 1 deck, you should play the Tier 2 deck.

Normally it's a cop out and you could as well just pick up the Tier 1 deck and practice it until
perfection.
But you aren't going to face Agents,Mermail,Wind-Ups all the time, you're going to face random shit.
So somehow that Tier 2 over Tier 1 thing tends to work in diverse formats.

---

Also, still think that Inzektors weren't a good choice.Razz

Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:26 am

I think inzektors were a great meta call. People that weren't already maiming or siding macro/Dfissure took out their shadow imprisoning mirrors for soul drains and other things for mermails. Everyone was worried about mermails and comepletely forgot how to play against inzektors without shadow mirrors.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:35 am

I agree with everything guts said. It's not unheard of to play a less powerful deck that requires more skill because you'll do better at it. That's what still makes me like this game, and this format's pretty diverse so that makes me happy. But Inzektors? They're pure derp without enough of said derp to pack much of a wallop anymore. I get what you guys are saying about the surprise factor, but with an autopilot deck of that level, I can't conceive how he could ever get his combos going to do that incredibly good in a YCS
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 12:00 am

Do you really think that Inzektors are more powerful than Wind-Ups,Agents and Mermails?

Yeah people not playing Shadow Mirror might have been a factor, but on the other hand you could say people would play Macro Rabbit and side Skill Drain in Mermails so Inzektors would have been a bad choice.

On top of that , guys who played him/watched him play said that he was pretty lucky and ripped Reborn and DAD
at the right times.

He did what I said earlier: He played a less powerful but solid deck that he liked and had a good day.

Remember the Samurai deck that won YCS Indy? I think the exact same thing happened here.

Will people continue playing Inzektors? I'm pretty sure they will.(refer to my last post)

Are Inzektors a relevant, format defining deck? I doubt it.

Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:54 pm

I didn't say that they were better than all the top decks, I just said that not everybody knows how to play against that deck. And I did watch him play a couple games and he sacked almost as much as vongola does. When people hear what decks are gonna be good they play test and make a side against the "good" decks and take all other decks out of their minds and then when they see a deck they didn't expect, they go derp and scrub out. Yea they have a side and everything built but they don't have the mindset to play against it.

When I say this I'm not talking about good players. They have the experience ad knowledge to play around it. This is just the way I think about it though so yea =p
Back to top Go down
Pheonix KDA

Pheonix KDA

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 5:20 pm

I agree as well, with one of their best card limited people didnt really see Inzektors as a threat. Since they arent good as before, instead people sided cards to work agaisnt mermails, wind-ups, macro rabbit and others. Surprise was a factor, the Inzektor champ got it & in all due respect to them, who would have thaught that Inzektors would win the entire YCS?
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:46 am

Yeah you can literally steal wins in this format just because you play something rogue and your opponent doesn't know how to play against it,I agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: YCS Tacoma/Seattle   YCS Tacoma/Seattle Empty

Back to top Go down

YCS Tacoma/Seattle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums :: Tournament Coverage :: Coverage-
Jump to: