Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homedecks on the rise I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

decks on the rise

Go down 
+7
Snilly
Harper7000
gutsberserk
NotSoGallantGallade
Quincy99
King007
Draconus91
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:24 am

So now that we have the September ban list I would like to know what decks you all think will rise up to be top decks for the format.

I personally see Heroes becoming even more powerful, first the only things hit for them was A Hero Lives, and E Emergency Call, plus the new dark Elemental HERO fusion is going to see alot of play.

Six Sams, they went untouched this format, so i think the have an upper hand, they were already good,at least at my locals, and i only see them getting better.

Lightsworns, i think they will be everywhere now that necro is up to 3.

lastly is the deck i will be running this format, Dark World, they too went untouched and were already a top contender deck, in my opinion.

So what does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:59 am

dark worlds aren't going not up..they just win first game then lose the other 2 games against side..

blackwings are surely going to rise, they're already decent without the second kalut, but now it's better.

and unrelated to the ban list, the atlanteans will be one of the top decks for sure.
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:09 pm

King has explained why dw will have trouble. easily sided and will def have rouge potential.

Heros are the safe bet. thats what I run, with dark e hero and xcaliber and assault armor. heros only lost one e call and retained every other awesome apect.

Lightsworns wont be played. Its still an inconsistant luck based mill deck. It still is missing at least 1 more charge and a second honest to make them solid enough in my opinion

The new decks will be a new variant of Quickdraw dandywarrior. The concept of Xyz's helps make them have a new tool for their decks,

There will be some variant of tele dad. d draw and e-tele just make for an easy engine and the new thing will be what will someone do different. I have a deck idea that i will show once the tcg list is out.

And you have all types of stun decks that can hold its own with inzektors no longer to pop the field like crazy
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:48 pm

Lightsworns are just inherently inconsistent as hell, but with 3 JD and bosses everywhere they'll sack their way to something decent, perhaps.

Dark Worlds practically nerf themselves with the horrible mirror match, plus they're easily sided against.

HEROs are definitely a safe bet this format, I think, especially with Escuridao out now...

As for Synchro decks, I think Quickdraw and Plants may have a bit of a resurgence, but that'll be limited to the start of the format; it'll mainly be a nostalgic thing, and once people wise up and start using Maxx C's against them and all, they'll fade.

Blackwings are not "surely going to rise." One extra Kalut barely means a thing without Whirlwind or Gale also given a loosening on the banlist. More people might play them just because of the extra mini-Honest, but just 1 Kalut doesn't really mean anything until the new BW support gets released, if at all.

Good cards.dek will be good, though, and some form of Tele-DAD or TefnuitDAD might make a bit of an impact. Also, Wind-Ups are still alive and well (I spent a half hour today working on combos with them, including a Shark/Magician OTK with just 1 Zenmaity), plus Dino Rabbit will still have an impact I think.

Oh yeah, and Evols ftw. They might get a bit of a rise in play... I hope...
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:44 pm

What do you think about chaos dragons? and will anyone try the exodia build winston used in te world championship?
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Chaos Dragons aren't dead, but a lot of people are treating them that way... I see potential, though. Hell, I might even try to figure something out.

Only noobs will try that deck, because it's a really slow build that didn't really work out for him.
Back to top Go down
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:54 pm

im fiddeling around with fixing chaos, thinking of adding some extra lightsworns. and a JD to ee if it works

and yeah, he did top 8 with it though so its not all bad
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:57 pm

He went 2-2 in Swiss in Worlds, got the third win because the Six Sam guy missed the match (Jarel would have lost that one), and if you watched his matches you'd know that not only was it really slow, but somewhat easily countered. And he played really poorly at times.
Back to top Go down
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:56 pm

i watched and true. it was much to slow for the speed of that format.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:32 am

Agreed, Heroes are probably the "best" deck.

I'm working on Madolche Village.
You know how salty DW players will be when I have Village out? *trollface*
Back to top Go down
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:37 am

i've been thinking of running a Prophecy deck, cause it looks awesome. Although i built a lightray deck on DN the other day and its pretty fun and slightly competitive so i might build one for fun and take it to a local one day.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:40 am

To start things off with my opinion, I'd like to say that I really like this format. It's by no means perfect, but waaay more balanced than i expected. This is a fast-paced format (Heavy and 3 mst with most decks fast paced) wherin the best deck usually runs as a slow deck with lots of traps (Heroes). That in and of itself balances a lot of the format. The hits to cards balanced things fairly well. So here's what I think will be meta, more or less in order of their popularity:

Heroes
Dark Worlds
Six Samurai
Dragons (Chaos/Hiertic/Both)
Evols
Geargias/Gadgets/Both
Agents
Blackwings
Wind-Ups

Heroes include a wide variety of builds, anywhere from Bubble Beat to Tele-dad
Back to top Go down
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:46 pm

after much play testing and tweaking i agree that dragons(at least chaos) is still very valid, if not more, now tat im not running 3 ReDMD it opened up some of the better dragons. Im personally using a JD in my new build, and it opened up space for a summoner monk, whic makes rank 4 Xyz more viable(my previous build didnt keep multiples of the same level on the field) and queen dragun djinn can work as a minor form of ReDMD
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:21 am

Draconus91 wrote:
im fiddeling around with fixing chaos, thinking of adding some extra lightsworns. and a JD to ee if it works

and yeah, he did top 8 with it though so its not all bad
I'm pretty sure he didn't qualify for worlds with Exodia though.

gutsberserk wrote:

What other cards are you using? Only 3 of the madolche cards are casters and the only really good one is magileidsiafjdf. I think the third one comes out in ABYR.

Draconus91 wrote:
i've been thinking of running a Prophecy deck, cause it looks awesome. Although i built a lightray deck on DN the other day and its pretty fun and slightly competitive so i might build one for fun and take it to a local one day.
Lightray Sworn is lolz. It's even sackier than regular lightsworns, just ask NSGG. ^.^ Prophecy won't be super duper awesome until their ABYR support.

Draconus91 wrote:
after much play testing and tweaking i agree that dragons(at least chaos) is still very valid, if not more, now tat im not running 3 ReDMD it opened up some of the better dragons. Im personally using a JD in my new build, and it opened up space for a summoner monk, whic makes rank 4 Xyz more viable(my previous build didnt keep multiples of the same level on the field) and queen dragun djinn can work as a minor form of ReDMD
Chaos Dragons are still good imo. 3 REDMD has always been kind of clunky 2 is the best number imo. Has anyone tried wyvern at one since most builds don't have many targets REDMD, DAD, and JD. With 1 REDMD BTH's and dprisons hurt dragons a lot.
Back to top Go down
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:30 am

There are other ways to run a lightray deck? lol i'd think most good one at least use the lightsworn as an engine

Snilly wrote:
Chaos Dragons are still good imo. 3 REDMD has always been kind of clunky 2 is the best number imo. Has anyone tried wyvern at one since most builds don't have many targets REDMD, DAD, and JD. With 1 REDMD BTH's and dprisons hurt dragons a lot.

i tried it, but it ended up not being useful, id mill my big guys before i could him so JD and DaD ended up dead to me. so i went with 3, i usually open with one and mill the other two so my 3 heavy hitters can be put directly to my hand. ReDMD is still the first choice. Once i hit 30 posts ill post my deck list to see what you all think.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:47 am

Snilly wrote:
gutsberserk wrote:

What other cards are you using? Only 3 of the madolche cards are casters and the only really good one is magileidsiafjdf. I think the third one comes out in ABYR.

Breaker,Kycoo,etc. it probably just ends up being a Spellcaster Stun deck.
There's also the Butler guy , but I'm not sure if he's worth running.

I haven't decided on what to run as my competitive deck yet.
I could run Sams as always, but I really wanna try out different stuff.

Back to top Go down
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:45 am

gutsberserk wrote:

I haven't decided on what to run as my competitive deck yet.
I could run Sams as always, but I really wanna try out different stuff.

Sams are looking good this format
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Sams can go die in a fire... and then get Gateway banned like it should be.
Back to top Go down
patrickx31

patrickx31

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:21 pm

i agree but it looked like rabbit only got hit a little so it'll be at the top.But then again,heroes are about to get their final part of the rainbow(dark element)so we maybe surprised.
Wait,the two xyz monsters got screwed over too?(sorry,but i dont pay too much attention to those decks so i didnt know that)
p.s.YAY FAIRIES MAY MAKE A COMEBACK!!!MARSH AND EARTH ALL THE WAY!!!(i run a fairy deck by the way)

Last edited by patrickx31 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:23 pm

NotSoGallantGallade wrote:
Sams can go die in a fire... and then get Gateway banned like it should be.

Amen... even though my wife runs six sams lol. but hey one gateways better than 2 or 3.

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:37 pm

patrickx31 wrote:
i agree but it looked like rabbit only got hit a little so it'll be at the top.But then again,heroes are about to get their final part of the rainbow(dark element)so we maybe surprised.

It's not going to be the top. In fact I think it will only rarely be played at all. You have to understand, the WHOLE point of the deck was spamming Rabbit and TGU to lock you with Laggia first turn. With 1 less of each, it's barely worth it. Not only is it less likely to draw them, but the whole point of them existing is so you can run 3 of them, TGU a little more so than Rabbit but still. Is Laggia spam some other way worth it? Sure. But is the same exact Dino Rabbit deck we've been seeing forever and ever but with the 2 cards replaced by techs still going to top much if at all? Nah.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Sams are still the fastest deck out there, the only thing that comes close to it's speed is maybe Dark World.

Gateway should've been banned a long time ago.

Rabbit can be played as a grind deck and still be decent, problem for that deck is that you have two hard matchups ( Heroes, Dark World) and your best matchup (Inzektors) is gone.
Back to top Go down
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 am

gutsberserk wrote:
Sams are still the fastest deck out there, the only thing that comes close to it's speed is maybe Dark World.

Gateway should've been banned a long time ago.

Rabbit can be played as a grind deck and still be decent, problem for that deck is that you have two hard matchups ( Heroes, Dark World) and your best matchup (Inzektors) is gone.

Inzektors might not be gone, there are alot of people thinking that it will just have a different play style now that both the power cards are limited to one. it probably wont see much play, but they could still be encountered
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:28 am

Rabbit may still be somewhat playable but Inzektors are just dead...btw, is it just me or has Draconus been at 29 posts for the last like 5 posts he's done?
Back to top Go down
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Harper7000 wrote:
Rabbit may still be somewhat playable but Inzektors are just dead...btw, is it just me or has Draconus been at 29 posts for the last like 5 posts he's done?

i dont think so, ive been watching them cause once i hit 30 post(should be this post) ill share my chaos dragons build. and i really hope inzektors are dead, i hated playing them, so annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

decks on the rise Empty
PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise Empty

Back to top Go down

decks on the rise
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next