Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Apex of Evolution I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Apex of Evolution

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

The Apex of Evolution Empty
PostSubject: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 pm

https://i.imgur.com/CkdRW.png

Well as good a choice as semi'ing Tour Guide was, that makes the engine non-splashable, and therefore not good in Ninjas. So there goes 4 cards from my Chaos Ninjas build, and Maxx isn't as important anymore so yeah. New engine time for 1 of my new fav archtypes. I'll experiment with a few different ones, but here's my first: Apex Ninjas! The idea is to make a lock with Apex Avian by getting him on the field by using the original Transformation, then negating a spell, trap, or monster effect every turn cycle by returning Divine Wind (ideal), Falcon (not a bad choice, still a +), or himself (which isn't even that bad). Though the new Transformation is far superior, I'm using this 1 bc Avian is a winged beast, and also it's helpful that it can be special summoned from the hand as well, eliminating the need for multiple copies. Some people go the complicated route by adding other Mist Valley or Genex stuff to make more tricks (kinda like my Divine Wind deck profile a while back) but i opted to go the simple, consistant, Falcon Control-like, direct route. The deck will already throw your opponent off a lot. But...now I'm still having the problem of a lack of good techs, and I only have 16 monsters. Tsukuyomi is purely filler, and TKR isn't needed in particular but works well with Ninjas despite all the searching. Any other mini-engines or better techs that you think I should try? I'm thinking Thunderbird so I can infinitely negate on the opp turn, but then he's wimpy and easily killed, and a dead draw if you don't have the lock going. Ideas?

Last edited by Harper7000 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:13 am

One advice use the Bypass Card limit instead of proxys Razz
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:19 am

updated it with real mirror force...chucked Sazank for Simorgh. any thoughts? anyone?
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:59 am

Dimensional Prison is better than Mirror Force.
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

swap 2 warnings for BTH maybe? I don't run warnings that much anymore since we don't see much effects that trigger when the card is summoned anymore (stratos is common, but getting him with BTH would cut him off the gameplay better since he can't be SS'd via MR and COTH).
Back to top Go down
patrickx31

patrickx31

PostSubject: Re: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:28 pm

i know an idea,try using thuderbird for a negate loop(when he's returned to hand,special summon him)i use him in my mist valley ninjas.Also,try to put in galaxy eyed dragon so super trans would be useful.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:33 am

Removal traps like BTH and Prison are a good idea...some stuff like Grapha (which will be seen everywhere, at least for the first few months of the new banlist), is a pain in the butt, even for Apex. The least he can do is suicide and come back next turn. Apex can negate but so what? back to the grave for 1 turn. so...I'll test bth and prison and see which I like better this format. I'll almost certainly keep Warnings though. Thanks for the suggestions! I might try Thunderbird, but it's a little iffy since he dies so easy and is useless when Apex isn't out. Thanks for the suggestion though patrick, anyone else have any comments?
Back to top Go down
patrickx31

patrickx31

PostSubject: Re: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:50 am

oh and try to put in some compulsarory device,that trap card is perfect in that deck cause you can use that against their monsters AND your monsters so your can the loop right there. Good luck,its a fun deck to play with.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:16 am

Grapha and Shining don't give a damn about destruction, that's why BTH and Dimensional Prison are awesome.They're good against Agents, because they can prevent them from setting up the grave or save you from Kristya.Also very useful against Chaos Dragons etc,etc.

You should definitely run them, especially in this deck, because you can protect your backrow with Apex.

You could also add Call of the Haunted mainly to get your big bird back, just in case he dies. Just watch out for BTH .

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:45 am

Yeah, I just said I'd switch out some traps for D-Prison or BTH for those reasons Razz. Call's another good idea, is useful if I want to return it and use later with Falcon. But what to drop? Mind maybe bc it's not as important here as in other decks, but still, I love that card. POA? It's been useful too but Call may be better here. Dropping the double Mirror for D-Prisons.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:21 am

yeah try

-1 Mind
-1 PoA
+2 Call

and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Apex of Evolution   The Apex of Evolution Empty

Back to top Go down

The Apex of Evolution
Page 1 of 1