Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeWhy Hate Exodia? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Hate Exodia?

Go down 
+9
SirFunchalot
nerolwo
gutsberserk
Quincy99
Dukemon
Bronnco
Zembobway150
SirJerBEar
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SirJerBEar

SirJerBEar

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:23 am

I know a lot of people think exodia is a deck for people without skill mainly because its an instant win combo. But heres the thing why do people hate it so much? It took me about a month to actually build mine and it took time and effort to make it almost a consistent OTK exodia. So I ask this why hate on exodia?
Back to top Go down

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:33 am

Because it's an FTK deck, and people don't like FTKs.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:10 am

People like to play themselves not watch someone else play
Back to top Go down
Bronnco

Bronnco

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:07 am

Simply put, Exodia is boring. If it's an FTK build, you either waste their time by herp-derping until you get all five pieces turn 1 while giving them nothing to do, or you waste your own time by getting a bad hand (the latter can apply to other decks, but it's even more applicable to FTK builds). If it's an Exodia Stall build, then you're giving them a chance to do things, but all in all, the whole match is boring as hell because you're just going to be turtling behind your One Day of Peace/Waboku/Threatening Roar/etc. the whole time.
Back to top Go down

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:09 am

I don't even play Exodia against people. I only play it against AI, because it might be fun for me, but it's wasting the time of the other person. Also, I used to play Exodia solitare irl.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Dukemon

Dukemon

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:57 am

It took you a month to make a consistent Exodia FTK. Am i being Punk'd?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/shane.weston
Quincy99

Quincy99

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:05 am

It's a deck that is as old as yugioh. The other win condition other than loss of life points or deckout, and other troll cards.

That being said, there was probably a time when it was fun to have thatbe your second win condition back in the old days. But now its a deck thats boring and made to ultimately troll as a duel between two people is now you spending your entire turn not interacting. And that getts old real quick.

I think most new players latch onto exodia because it usually guarantee a win.
Back to top Go down
Dukemon

Dukemon

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:07 am

Quincy99 wrote:
It's a deck that is as old as yugioh. The other win condition other than loss of life points or deckout, and other troll cards.

That being said, there was probably a time when it was fun to have thatbe your second win condition back in the old days. But now its a deck thats boring and made to ultimately troll as a duel between two people is now you spending your entire turn not interacting. And that getts old real quick.

I think most new players latch onto exodia because it usually guarantee a win.

Hence why we call them Scrubs/Nubs/Noobs/ObscenityEnteredHere
*This is my 400th post Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/shane.weston
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:06 am

Because you basically watch how they touch themselves for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 am

well, i can watch you play exodia, or i could watch a video of a guy, playing exodia, and ill do the same thing look at my hand and say, i should be working anyways.......
but to be honest, i rather play exodia than Alius, sorry i mean heroes, cuz even watching someone else draw cards, its less boring than heroes
and please, PLEASE!!!! if u use exodia in DN use RATED. otherwise instead of instant accept u will se INSTANT QUIT
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:29 am

People don't like playing against exodia for the same reasons they hate Future Fusion, Magical Explosion, Last Turn, Frog, and Tempest Magician FTK decks. Because you literally do nothing as your opponent masterbates for 10 minutes then drops their win condition card and that's it.
Back to top Go down
canadian_idiot

canadian_idiot

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:50 pm

It's unhealthy design.
Back to top Go down
Alternative_Duelist

Alternative_Duelist

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:12 am

I play with an Exodia and many players frown upon the deck. The speed of the deck is extremely fast and possible of winning the first turn. Many players say its unfair because you really cant do anything on the first turn. I think the players hate the exodia decks that win 1-2 turns. Different version of Exodia decks are decent like Mystic Piper, Ritual, and Appropriate.
Back to top Go down
ZakeEpigramerr

ZakeEpigramerr

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:18 pm

personaly i respect Exodia. the five forbidden pieces are unstopable once in the hand. yes it can be boring to watch some one draw their entire deck in one turn. but there are others that are more surprising to them. regardless on how used i find Exodia to be a respectable five cards.
Back to top Go down
Ikki

Ikki

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:02 pm

It eliminates player interaction for one thing. Then again half of the decks in the meta do that as well.
Back to top Go down
ZakeEpigramerr

ZakeEpigramerr

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 4:24 am

Ikki wrote:
It eliminates player interaction for one thing. Then again half of the decks in the meta do that as well.

true like windups before ban list hit them. its not just exodia that does it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why Hate Exodia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Hate Exodia?   Why Hate Exodia? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Hate Exodia?
Page 1 of 1