Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVanity's Emptiness I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vanity's Emptiness

Go down 
+4
Scorpion67
Vongola-x
rjuto
Harper7000
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Vanity's Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: Vanity's Emptiness   Vanity's Emptiness EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:05 am

Spoiler:

This is perhaps a slightly better version of Royal Prison that I posted earlier. Honestly, it dies rather easily. But it can be chained to things, and that's what makes it good. It's not Royal Oppression, but even if it dies your very next turn, it can stop a Monster Reborn or Wind Up Loop in its tracks. With Wind-Ups and TGU, it leaves them wide open. A possibly broken combo that I literally just now thought of right before I posted this was with White Dragon Ninja. 2700 beatstick + no special summoning. GG? Combo that with Safe Zone which makes him invincible for all intents and purposes...pretty good.
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

Vanity's Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanity's Emptiness   Vanity's Emptiness EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:12 am

I LOVE this card, nuff said. Being chainable rarely makes it a -1, so I don't give a damn about it's destruction effect really.

White Dragon Ninja loves this Smile

Last edited by rjuto on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Vanity's Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanity's Emptiness   Vanity's Emptiness EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:22 am

Vanity's Emptiness + Macro Cosmos = No Special Summons...
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Vanity's Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanity's Emptiness   Vanity's Emptiness EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:39 am

a friend of mine use to run this in macro tengu in the last format, it was an anoying card !! Like harper said, its not an oppression, but the card is good !
Back to top Go down
canadian_idiot

canadian_idiot

Vanity's Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanity's Emptiness   Vanity's Emptiness EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Vongola-x wrote:

Or you could just, you know, MST the Macro Cosmos and go +1.

It's a good card, but don't make it out to be better than it is.
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

Vanity's Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanity's Emptiness   Vanity's Emptiness EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:18 pm

canadian_idiot wrote:
Vongola-x wrote:

Or you could just, you know, MST the Macro Cosmos and go +1.

It's a good card, but don't make it out to be better than it is.

Depends on how bad you are at using Vanity's Emptiness.

Player removes Rabbit/MR/etc, you chain Emptiness, +1. Opponent destroys 1 of your cards later , -1, 141 trade.

Nobody tried to make it look better than it is btw lol
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

Vanity's Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanity's Emptiness   Vanity's Emptiness EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:35 pm

its nice but i would prefer fiendish chains over this in most decks, its most compatible with control and slow paced decks
Back to top Go down
canadian_idiot

canadian_idiot

Vanity's Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanity's Emptiness   Vanity's Emptiness EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Posting random combos that are not feasible IS making the card seem better than it actually is. When you have a control element to a deck that is largely unsearchable, it has to stand on its own merit. Yes, it has cute combos, but other than the one with the Ninja deck, it's largely irrelevant, because the others don't go a long way in winning you the game.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Vanity's Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanity's Emptiness   Vanity's Emptiness EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:51 pm

It's a solid way of stopping a string of SS combos, much like Max C. Max C is better for that one turn, but VE can last for a few potentially. It's a decent card but it doesn't really even need to combo with anything to be a decent tech. It's also far from amazing though, and that's why it doesn't really see play.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Vanity's Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanity's Emptiness   Vanity's Emptiness EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:19 am

It's just a nice tech in Rabbit or Six Sams, because you can just summon Laggia or Shi En and protect it.
It's decent in Ninjas too.

Yes you can chain it to special summons, etc. but the card on it's own is not that good imo.

I wouldn't throw it into any deck and expect it to work.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vanity's Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanity's Emptiness   Vanity's Emptiness Empty

Back to top Go down

Vanity's Emptiness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums :: Single Card Discussions-
Jump to: