Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSituations I Came Across I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Situations I Came Across

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Situations I Came Across Empty
PostSubject: Situations I Came Across   Situations I Came Across EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Here's a few situations i came across in admin mode that i wasn't exactly sure about. I think i made the right calls, but i thought i'd make sure.

Player A has Stardust. Opponent's turn,Player B plays Vortex. Stardust negates. B uses Reborn to take stardust and suicides against Great Shogun Shien. Does A summon Stardust during the end phase? it did negate that turn...

Player has Dragonly equipped with Hornet and Mantis. he uses Hornet to pop Mantis. does he get to special summon 2 cards for Dragonfly or only 1, and how does it chain with Mantis' effect?

Player B has Worm Warlord and attacks Verz O' Wisp. which one negates which's effects (aka which one would resolve now)? the real issue i had with this situation was when exactly is the card destroyed by battle? the damage step obviously, but which substep?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Situations I Came Across   Situations I Came Across EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:47 pm

No, if the Stardust is to come back it MUST remain there until it comes back. Same ruling as if a Gold Sarcophagus target (like rescue rabbit) is brought out of the Banished Zone and then put back there again it will not be added to the hand after the 2 turn clock of sarco.

Yes, they will Special Summon 2 monsters with Dragonfly, since the inzektors use the "if...you can" terminology they do not miss the timing, they will also get to Special Summon for Mantis' effect.

Worm Warlord destroys Verz o' Wisp by battle and both effects being mandatory and having the same activation time, the turn player will choose the order of the chain, which would be Verz o' Wisp as CL1 and Worm Warlord as CL2, where Warlord would negate the effect of Verz o' Wisp and save itself from being negated.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Situations I Came Across   Situations I Came Across EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:54 pm

1. thanks
2. i wasn't worried about them missing timing, but dragonfly says "if a monster(s)..." so i wasn't sure if it would be counted to be sent to the grave at the same time or not.
3. ok but i would like some input from others just to be sure
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Situations I Came Across   Situations I Came Across EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:02 pm

@2: Dragonfly says " If an Equip Card(s) is sent to your Graveyard ..." this refers to if multiple equip cards are SIMULTANEOUSLY sent to the Graveyard. When hornet goes to the grave, it's effect starts a chain and destroys the mantis, which will start a separate chain because they were not sent to the grave at the exact same time, as would be the case should the player have activated Heavy Storm.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Situations I Came Across   Situations I Came Across EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 pm

woot! except for one thing.

Worm Warlord's effect to negate monster's effects is continuous so it doesn't start a chain with verz o wisp. if we follow the rulings for Blue Thunder T-45, and other effects like it, the monster is considered to be destroyed by battle after damage calculation, but the effects won't activate until the end of the damage step. Continuous effects on the field are applied before trigger effects, so funch is still right about Warlord negating verz o wisp's effect.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Situations I Came Across   Situations I Came Across EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:06 am

Thanks for clarifying specifically why, I just had trouble explaining why it was that way.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Situations I Came Across   Situations I Came Across EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:52 am

Well I got the third one wrong bc I listened to Shadow (damn you Shadow xD), but the others right. Or rather, I would have got the second right, if another admin hadn't burst onto the scene bc one of the players was his friend, causing an admin fight. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Situations I Came Across   Situations I Came Across Empty

Back to top Go down

Situations I Came Across
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums :: Rulings Questions-
Jump to: