Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOh, Konami and your labeling of effects... I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects... Empty
PostSubject: Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects...   Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects... EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:10 pm

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon wrote:
You can remove from play 1 Dragon-Type monster you control to Special Summon this card.

"To" would seem to signify a cost, like it always does, which means this summon would start a chain...except it doesn't. Why? What makes this wording any less of a cost than Dark Simorgh?
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects...   Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects... EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Because Konami Says So. Neutral
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects...   Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects... EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:29 pm

If you havent noticed in ygo, even if 2 cards had the same exact txt doesnt mean they have the same rulings, each card has its own rulings, in tourneys if they run into smthn that wasnt encountered before they just get a judge he makes up the ruling on the spot and that makes it official, thats how it works Razz. so u can compare stuff, but if a ruling of the exact situation says smthn, doesnt mean it will apply for all similar cards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects...   Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects... EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:31 pm

I think it has to do with the way the effects are originally written in Japanese. The way Simorgh's effect is worded is very subtle in making it an effect, iirc, and when translated, was just another opportunity for Konami to confuse its international players.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects...   Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects... EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 pm

it's not always a translation error. everyone thought that Herald of Orange Light was translated incorrectly but it was actually a TCG exclusive lol.

and i hate making up rulings on the spot. especially if its for a card that nobody really uses. PSCT makes it a lot easier to do now though.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects...   Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects... EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Was it translated wrong then? I guess violet would know since he plays ocg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects...   Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects... EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Dark Simorgh was errata'd, making his Summoning officially an Effect just based on reading it, and not BKSS.

Also, Red-Eyes was errata'd in Duel Terminal 4, and he'll be errata'd again when Dragonic Legion hits TCG, probably to something like this:

"You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 face-up Dragon-Type monster you control..."
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects...   Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects... EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:21 pm

SirFunchalot wrote:
Because Konami Says So. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects...   Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects... Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh, Konami and your labeling of effects...
Page 1 of 1