Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeBlue-Blooded Oni I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue-Blooded Oni

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Blue-Blooded Oni BlueBloodedOniGENF-EN-SR-1E

Blue-Blooded Oni is a dreadfully underrated card that's used in a terribly underrated deck, Zombies. BBO is one of the many cards present in Zombies that generate pure card advantage at absolutely no cost to the user, the only downside being that of Effect Veiler / Maxx "C" being used in response to the effect. The main and most powerful combo associated with BBO is actually remarkably simple to set up and requires 2-3 copies of BBO in the Graveyard, either 1 in your hand or a way to special summon the 3rd from the Graveyard and an Xyz monster on your side of the field with 2 Xyz Material.

Step 1: Remove 1 Xyz Material to Special Summon 1 BBO from your Graveyard.
Step 2: Remove 1 Xyz Material to Special Summon the third BBO from your Graveyard.
Step 3: Overlay your 2 used BBO's for a rank 4 Xyz monster like Utopia.
Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3.

(Other possible combos are available but this is your usual bread and butter)

With this relatively simple combo you can amass a full field of beefy Xyz monsters without relying on Ultimate Offering in the case of Offering Gadgets. Thank goodness Card of Safe Return is banned or you'd also draw a shit ton of cards in the process.

If you want to try out a deck based around this sort of combo, the following deck or something like will allow you to test it out.

Monsters:17
3 Armageddon Knight
3 Blue-Blooded Oni
3 Goblindbergh
3 Gravekeeper's Spy
2 Summoner Monk
1 Sangan
1 Zombie Master
1 Mezuki

Spells:15
3 Pot of Duality
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Book of Life
1 Instant Fusion
1 Heavy Storm
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Mind Control
1 Burial From the Different Dimension

Traps:8
2 Solemn Warning
2 Call of the Haunted
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot

Extra Deck:15
3 Lavalval Chain
2 Number 39: Utopia
1 Number C39: Utopia Ray
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Steelswarm Roach
1 Vylon Disigma
1 Number 16: Conqueror of Colors
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Verz Ouroboros
1 Kachi Kochi Dragon
1 Kamionwizard (any level 4 Fusion Monster will do)

Have fun fellow duelists!

Last edited by SirFunchalot on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm

People say it's a dead draw and wastes your normal summon, but no matter how many of them i ran, i was never sorry i ran a copy when i drew it, and i didn't even consider this loop. It's worth a try for sure.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:16 pm

I find ripping it out of the deck with Summoner Monk or putting it in the Graveyard with Lavalval Chain is usually an easy enough way of setting up the loop, and the combo is so easy to get off once you set that up I think it's definitely worth the try. I'm still tweaking the deck itself but the combo itself is pretty brutal.
Back to top Go down
Helpn

Helpn

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 pm

Love this deck.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:02 am

I've been tinkering around with it the past couple of days and it's pretty fun when it works. Really easy to interrupt though, so I wouldn't say it's any where close to tier 1. But if you want to beat up DN noobs with Zombies this is definitely a very fun way to do just that.
Back to top Go down
TheHelixNebula

TheHelixNebula

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:09 am

This card works beautifully with summoner monk. I love it Very Happy

I wish Zombies would start being taken more seriously, and stop being misused by noobs with 60 card decks that don't know how to play. Makes me sad Sad
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Yeah DN noobs ruin lots of decent decks in general though. But this one is especially fun. There's just something so funny about dropping all of these huge beatsticks out of no where when you appeared to only have a few resources available.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:33 pm

do you mind if i move this to articles? it seems slightly more appropriate there.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:41 pm

I don't really think a paragraph of a brief explanation of possible combos with the card and then a sample deck list of how to exploit that combo is much of an article, but if you want to go right ahead.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:42 pm

your choice bro. if you don't want it there it doesn't have to be.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:54 pm

If you feel it is solid as an article, then by all means, move it to that section. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blue-Blooded Oni Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue-Blooded Oni   Blue-Blooded Oni Empty

Back to top Go down

Blue-Blooded Oni
Page 1 of 1