Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.

Go down 
+3
Dukemon
RyuheiAoi
NotSoGallantGallade
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. Empty
PostSubject: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:06 am

So, I was browsing the forum a while back and saw in the Duel Arena section a Tag Team Duel Arena. Immediately the option appealed to me, but lo and behold it was found to be quite unsuccessful.

Well, I personally would love to see that change.

See, obviously DGA is in a slight rebuilding state, where even the most active members haven't made it up to Archfiend yet. Also, we are always interested in innovating and making DGA stand out (which is why we have such a vast revamp of things, from the dorms to the testing system).

So, why shouldn't we add tag dueling? Not only is it fun, builds member relations (and possibly staff-member relations, depending on what becomes of this) and creative, but it'll also get more people the exp. they want and need to advance higher in rank. It'll promote synergy (like a boss! Razz ) and teamwork, all that cliche stuff, but that's a /good/ thing.

Basically, it's a win for everyone.

Anyways, that's my 2 (very shiny) cents on this topic, and I hope this gets taken into consideration.

Also, tag team tourney in the future. Let's do it. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:32 am

I very much agree with NSGG on this one. It would be nice to have a second way of dueling, considering we're limited to three matches per day (When it used to be nine, and then four). Not only this, but the benefits he listed, I believe, would be there. If we could work a proper system on this, I see no downsides.

I also think we should get Shadow Dueling back up. I had proposed a system for it before the rework, and Harper's announcement about DGA's revamp said Shadow Dueling would be up soon. If there's any issues with the system I provided, I would be more than willing to help flesh them out and get it working.

It's been sixteen days since the revamp of DGA's testing and dorm systems, two weeks since the primary arena dueling revamp (Which looks like it is now finalized, and working), and with the theme having been made with all the dorm reworkings and such, it is, in my humble opinion, time to work on the alternate arena dueling methods.
Back to top Go down
Dukemon

Dukemon

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:02 pm

I'll thru my two cents in as well. I agree with everything stated above & it also give teams a way to practice. I think this is worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/shane.weston
Exiled

Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:58 pm

It would be fun to do more then just duel arena
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:27 pm

How exactly do you plan on having Tag Duels. DN doesn't exactly support 4 players in one game.
Back to top Go down
Exiled

Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:28 pm

It would be lime you do team wars, you could have different formats and such
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:46 pm

The Tag Duel Arena just involves 2 people getting together and dueling 2 others in 1v1s until only 1 team is left. I looked at it a while back, and I like the idea, but the exp needs to be reworked or else it's a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:51 pm

Reopening Tag Team and Shadow Duels is a good idea, and we will do that, but right now we still have other things to work on as staff. Here is the staff's priorities, in order, for those who are interested:

1. Finish The Conjurer Tests asap
2. Edit the descriptions for all the sections in DGA.
3. Clean, move, and update all areas of DGA, and delete unecessary sections and events.
4. Reopen Genesis Guilds, which will include roleplaying The Legend of Genesis storyline, and very likely many of Funch's ideas.

That doesn't even include regular stuff like running competitions, tournaments, wars, and duel arenas, working on writing articles/fanfiction for you guys, and dueling for said tournaments and wars. In addition, I have ADA and DN admining to think about, as well as college. So yes, we will get on this, but not right away. At least for Shadow Duels. I don't think we need to change anything about Tag Teams so maybe we'll just reopen it but I doubt that Shadow Duels and Tag Team Duels will extend the daily match limit. We don't make the limit just to annoy you guys haha. We do it because John and Ruler work very hard even with the limit to keep up with the arenas, and they have lives too lol. 
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:01 pm

1. Then maybe they need a bit of help to keep up with the arena duels that are going down each day, no?

2. I totally understand that there are more pressing things to focus on at the moment, because there definitely are. I just don't think it would require all that much work to simply retool at least the tag duel arena so that it gives out a fair amount of experience and such, unless I'm missing something. That's it.

Keep up the work and all, anyways. As long as this is visible on the horizon, it's all good, cuz I'm actually a bit excited about the prospect of this. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Harper7000 wrote:
Reopening Tag Team and Shadow Duels is a good idea, and we will do that, but right now we still have other things to work on as staff. Here is the staff's priorities, in order, for those who are interested:

1. Finish The Conjurer Tests asap
You've had two weeks to do so, and it seems only a few Admins have yet to make their questions. Each question should take no more than half an hour to make as it is.

Harper7000 wrote:
2. Edit the descriptions for all the sections in DGA.
Takes 10-20 minutes to do. Since you know what each section is for, this shouldn't take long at ALL.

Harper7000 wrote:
3. Clean, move, and update all areas of DGA, and delete unecessary sections and events.
An hour, max. Even without a trash section made, and hidden, this wouldn't take long at all. Multi-topic moderation via the sectional Mod Control Panel can have you move entire pages at a time.

Harper7000 wrote:
4. Reopen Genesis Guilds, which will include roleplaying The Legend of Genesis storyline, and very likely many of Funch's ideas.
While this might take longer to do in and of itself, I am sure you're still talking about the ideas in Staff. There's no reason Arena can't be discussed at the same time. Once everything's been finalized for either one (You might even finish Arena first, since guilds seem like an intensive discussion), it wouldn't take long to implement.

Harper7000 wrote:
That doesn't even include regular stuff like running competitions, tournaments, wars, and duel arenas, working on writing articles/fanfiction for you guys, and dueling for said tournaments and wars.
Running a competition isn't hard. Once the initial post has been written, it's merely a matter of looking over posts/PMs from other users and reflecting the changes (Which is pretty quick).

Harper7000 wrote:
In addition, I have ADA and DN admining to think about, as well as college.
You're not the only Admin. And if Staff needs more help, there are other dedicated users available who can help implement these sort of things, and don't have as many burdens in real life to stop them.

Harper7000 wrote:
We do it because John and Ruler work very hard even with the limit to keep up with the arenas, and they have lives too lol.
Pretty much the same as above. There are dedicated users who would have no problem at all handling such things (And in my own case, have experience with Admin Control Panel, as well as with using "Credit Giver" groups, meaning I can deal easily with either system).

Essentially, this all just comes down to how effectively people can manage their time. Yes, real life obligations are important. Yes, participating in tournaments and other such things is also important. However, the arena system - Something which is designed to help promote the activity level of normal users, attracting new users, and is essential in working through the ranks - should have some form of priority. After all, guilds are nice and all, but they aren't going to get someone from Apprentice to Archer, or Archer to Wizard. Not directly, at the very least.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:07 pm

SirFunchalot wrote:
How exactly do you plan on having Tag Duels. DN doesn't exactly support 4 players in one game.
Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:11 pm

SirFunchalot wrote:
SirFunchalot wrote:
VioletSk227 wrote:
The Tag Duel Arena just involves 2 people getting together and dueling 2 others in 1v1s until only 1 team is left. I looked at it a while back, and I like the idea, but the exp needs to be reworked or else it's a waste of time.

Just as Skarm explained. You can think of it as a miniature tournament if you like.
Example 1: Skarm and I team up against Xanatos and Sir Alex Lucard. I beat Lucard, Skarm beats Xanatos, our side wins 2-0.
Example 2: Skarm and I team up against Xanatos and Sir Alex Lucard. I beat Lucard, Xanatos beats Skarm, I beat Xanatos, our side wins 2-1.

So on and so forth. There are other possible ways of doing it, in my mind, but they become somewhat labor-intensive. I will explain some of my ideas should a topic dedicated to tag dueling ideas ever become public.

Last edited by RyuheiAoi on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Exiled

Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:12 pm

I agree with RyuheiAoi on everything.

Maybe you guys should recruit a few judges/admins/mods. Lots of members would be willing and many people here have experience doing said jobs on other academies/sites.

@Faunch, you were answered twice
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:00 am

Look guys, I already answered you on this. The arenas will be reopened, tag team before shadow probably, but it's not on the top of our list. You may think you know exactly how long it will take but you don't. You may think we're able to be on for 8 hours straight coming up with new ideas but we can't. You may think we're being lazy if we can't keep up with allowing you unlimited duels in 3 different arenas but we're not. We've already been working very hard on this new system for you guys, and reviving old ideas and trying to rework them. DGA already has the most things to do of any academy, it's not like we're in lockdown just bc we don't immediately use your own personal ideas. We always like to improve DGA, but that means DGA is ALWAYS IMPROVING. Meaning we're always doing something new as staff.

We are still discussing how to do Shadow Duels, we will open Tag Team soon, and we have already been discussing new staff. Topic locked.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Tag Team Duels are officially reopened. Read the rules here:
https://tdga.forumotion.com/t11-tag-team-arena-rules#11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.   Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tag Duels. We Should Have More Of Them.
Page 1 of 1