Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeanyone makes money out of Yugioh? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone makes money out of Yugioh?

Go down 
+4
SirFunchalot
Scorpion67
RyuheiAoi
nerolwo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

anyone makes money out of Yugioh? Empty
PostSubject: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:19 am

ok a simple question how do u make money out of yugioh?

i have participated in 1 YCS,
intercontinental qualifier
2 times national qualifier out of 3 regionals i have participated
tons of locals
and most of the time i spend money
but still keep seeing this yugi tubers that makes money out of cards and still have a tons of high price foil/ hard to get cards

so am i missing something here?
does anybody know a way to make money out of yugioh that can share?

little story
in one sneak peek i went
there were 2 guys and 1 girl with huge box of cards
about 2000 ill say
there were charging 25 cents for you to pick a random card and whatever u get is urs
i pulled a ultra rare cease fire and a chitonian blast some friends only commons
but they were making money with commons in a funny way
i dont know if its a good idea or not but hey maybe yall know a better way
please share with all of us
Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

RyuheiAoi

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:24 am

I've actually always wondered this question as well. At present, I have no start-up funds to get into Yugioh, and until I managed that, I wouldn't be able to make money playing Yugioh. Then I wondered if it was even possible to make money on Yugioh once I had the cards.

Something tells me it's possible, or else you wouldn't see so many players stick around. The capital for the cards, followed by the travel expenses would become ludicrous after a while, and not many people would be willing to invest that in themselves/their friends/children (Depending on who is footing the bill) without some kind of return.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 am

yeah i mean im a nurse , i work i spend money in cards cuz i like it but sometimes im like
damn 160 for a single? ok ill buy it but i wont be going to regionals this season.... wait if im not going to regionals why do i need that expensive card?

or this
wow i pulled SW roach
random guy from locals - ill give u 20
me .... no
random 25 ..... max 35
im like cmon!!!!

and selling packs is a waste of time also
so how does people do this?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:29 am

ok here is how you make money on yugioh WITHOUT Youtube

Sneak Peaks : Scout the scrubs (Sorry about what I will say but, thats how it works :S)!!! get their Over Priced cards for crap and sell them or trade them. On the neak peak cards are always Over Priced and its the best event for trading and Selling.

Regionals : If you already have your invite, there is no point participating in it inless you wana sell your wins when your 5-0 but there is another way to make money on regionals. Rent your damn cards. You want my Maxx C's (5$ Each) You want My T Kings, Same Thing. You know the Day before a Regio everybody empty the counters of the Card Shops, but not eveyopne can pay 60$ for a MAxx C so they always look up to people who rent them.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:48 am

renting cards sounds good actually
any other way ?? i mean cmon i bet theres other ways
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:59 am

Know the market price for cards and buy cards under that market price whenever you can and sell them. A dollar of proffit isn't too huge, but when you do that with hundreds of cards a week, it certainly adds up.
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:05 am

I agree with Scorpion, simply put, you make your money by being almost as cheap as possible. Like just the other day, this kid needed a Terraforming and was literally willing to give me a Gold Sarc for it, needless to say that I made my money back AND more. Mind you, the Sarc was GOLD rare and the Terraforming was common. When people make stupid money mistakes, as much as our nice little "Yugi Mentality" may disagree, take advantage of it! I bought a whole Dragunity Deck WITH 3 Phalanxes for $50 ONLY. I bought a Leviathan Dragon for 2 dollars, I bought a holo Mobius and an ultra Caius for 5 dollars together. People make stupid decisions, why not take advantage of it? Needless to say, they WILL learn from their mistakes.

And renting out cards is probably one of the most common ways to earn profit, it's free money! Not only that, but a fun and actually AMAZING way to make money is hold your own tourneys. I held one at my clubhouse in my community and from out of the woodwork came duelers entering for a challenge or just trying it out because they were bored, and my admission fee was only 5 dollars. 40 people entered and the winner got a bunch of starter decks and a Solemn Warning (courtesy of my best friend). I made 200 dollars with admissions ONLY, and I was selling cards out of my binder for whatever I could manage. My total profit was 386 dollars.

It's not impossible, you just have to put ALOT of effort into finding ways to draw out the money. The other way i would say would be sponsors but, I mean REALLY, that happens once every blue moon.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 am

thanks for the respond no usarname
so for what i can see renting is the best way is it?
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:12 am

wow poor children. Yu-Gi-Oh Police, anyone?
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 am

It's probably the most efficient way. The tourney I held was, in my sole opinion, LUCK. The way I've been getting lucky with is buying cards from people who sell them for less than their actual value and selling those cards on ebay for 1 dollar over the original price. Works almost ALL the time.

and yes rjuto, it's the circle of life.

or the food chain.

or the beat of the drum.

or just the way it is.

^take your pick^
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 am

NoUserName wrote:
a fun and actually AMAZING way to make money is hold your own tourneys

I will start that this month too Smile My friend have a gaming place and he needs someone to host Yugioh Tourneys so I accepted and the money I get hosting the tourney goes directly to my Binder Smile
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:25 am

And thats how you start a chain business amongst yourself:

1. Host a tourney

2. Make lots of profit

3. Buy underpriced cards

4. Sell for profit

5. Wash, rinse, and repeat.
Back to top Go down
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:52 am

ok but without expending all ur time doing it ( im talking about the tourney)

the easiest/ fastest less effort way is

to rent and to buy low sell high
Back to top Go down
TMiracle

TMiracle

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:53 am

There is another secret way, which I use.

Some ppl wanna be popular and attract ppl with their stylish gear, for example - playmat.
Sooo... This is what I do....

Someone needs bad-ass unique playmat design? 15$ and you get it in no time, unique, high quality design. You only need to give it to someone who can print it out and ship it to you.
There are clients in this forum, that are very satisfied with mah work XD

So yeah, I'm advertising myself now: MAKING CUSTOM PLAYMAT DESIGNS FOR 15$ EACH (unique, best quality, to suit all your needs), and much more (i can't pretty much anything related to art lmao xD).
Back to top Go down
http://tmiracle.deviantart.com
nerolwo
Teacher
Teacher
nerolwo

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:55 am

nice one
+1 for not wasting the opportunity to advertise ( BIEN MACHO)
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:19 pm

There are alot of interesting ways, most through ebay.

1. Card market knowledge ( mostly comes with foreseeing card impact and knowing when to stockpile certain cards)

2. Custom card making (this is a newer market for thos efficent in graphic design. You make custom Oricas, that can be used as tokens or in your extra deck as long as there is an original copy. These go for 10-25 depending on quaility

3. reselling crap cards/ bulk commons to websites to flip for profitable boxes (order of chaos) etc then making profit off money cards and recycling the bulk card process
Back to top Go down
TMiracle

TMiracle

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:43 am

Oh dammit, you just gave me idea.

I should probably get into Orica design business as well ^__^
Back to top Go down
http://tmiracle.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone makes money out of Yugioh?   anyone makes money out of Yugioh? Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone makes money out of Yugioh?
Page 1 of 1