Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSimple chain link question I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simple chain link question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

Simple chain link question Empty
PostSubject: Simple chain link question   Simple chain link question EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:07 am

Ok say there is a 3 card chain. Like
link 1: dark hole
link 2: offering to the snake deity
link 3: mst

I know they resolve in reverse, but do they stay on field til the end of the chain or till there eff resolves. I know with offering all 3 targets must be on field to resolve but i had a large debate with someone about if someone chain a target of offering to the snake deity. I always thought as soon as the eff resolve the card left the field, and he said it wasn't til the end of the chain.

Do they stay on field til the end of the chain or till there eff resolves?
Back to top Go down
Nivedo

Nivedo

PostSubject: Re: Simple chain link question   Simple chain link question EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:14 am

i would honestly say that it would leave the field after it resolves
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Simple chain link question   Simple chain link question EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:18 am

Mystical Space Typhoon resolves, destroying 1 Spell or Trap card on the field.
Offering to the Snake Deity resolves, destroying all 3 targets if they are all on the field (if one was destroyed by MST, it will not destroy anything).
Dark Hole resolves destroying all remaining monsters on the field.

All cards involved in a chain that are temporary cards such as non-Continuous Spell/Trap cards, remain on the field until the chain has resolved, unless an effect within the chain (or payment of a cost) would cause that card to be removed from the field (Ex. MST chained to Upstart Goblin, Upstart activates, MST chains, MST destroys Upstart, Upstart resolves, draws user 1 card and their opponent gains 1000 LP, chain ends, MST goes to Grave.)
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: Simple chain link question   Simple chain link question EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:28 am

Ty, thats interesting always thought they left the field as soon as they resolved.
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Simple chain link question   Simple chain link question EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 am

one day i'll get to answer a question before funch does......one day
Back to top Go down
Dukemon

Dukemon

PostSubject: Re: Simple chain link question   Simple chain link question EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:09 am

MST breaks a card. Offering is 86'd because it's 3rd target is gone. Dark Hole destroys all monsters. Thanks, come again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/shane.weston
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple chain link question   Simple chain link question Empty

Back to top Go down

Simple chain link question
Page 1 of 1