Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTraining Forum I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Training Forum

Go down 
+6
Scorpion67
Vongola-x
LegendaryFrost
j0hnb0i
Stardust Dragon
King007
10 posters
AuthorMessage
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:12 am

Hi
So this is supposed to be an academy right ? but i don't see "practicle" classes, only articles !

So i suggest to create a sub forum that deals with this issue, students can come for example to an infernity deck class or sth, from the 17 gmt to 18gmt for example, where in this period of time they duel against the teacher, the others watch ofcourse, and in each situation the teacher tells them what to do in this situations.

Or for example ! a Hand handling class lol
this class teachs how to use in the most perfect way ur draws, so that u don't just waste ur cards, in this feature, a teacher can duel against his student, the student shows him his hand, and the teacher tells him what best to do !

i think with this done, noobs won't stay noobs and they'll get better, coz i think only tourneys won't do much good to improve. After all this is an academy not a tournament house Very Happy

I appreciate the effort of the administration but i want to improve it even more Smile

Thanks for reading !
Back to top Go down
Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:24 am

We got the "what will pros do " new teaching lessons
We got the "tech of the week"
we got some card discussions and some articles too from nerolwo
i guess its enough , we can't do anymore
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:22 am

i see what you mean king. that's actually how i learned to get better, by watching people that were better than me duel. anyone can message me for a so called "training session" and i can try and help anyway i can and other people can watch. you can also just go on DN and watch random higher ranks duel and try and learn off of them. and as always, read the articles that the admins and others post. every little bit helps haha
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 am

King we have enough articles to teach ppl how to use decks add techs, know rulings, gameplay, etc. I think that this place teaches enough Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 am

Personally, I don't have time for all this, so unless others volunteer to take care of such a thing,i t will not happen. As for watching, you can always ask me in pms about my duel pass, if it's not for war I will give it to you and ofc if you pm me about a duel and I have time, I will duel you, if you ask me, I will also give you my opinion about your moves.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
King007
King007

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:40 am

Thank you all for ur responses ! Very Happy

I appreciate ur understanding...
However, it would be better if some one could volunteer to this generous act, just to make it official !
And to not tie u up to any form of schedul, i suggest posting in Announcement to let every body know u may be able to assist them if they ask too ! Smile and not be limited to one hour a day or sth .

May be an admin could request volunteers and write them in some kind of list with their dedicated ham so that any one could find them easily, or just have one ham for the volunteers !
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:05 am

We tried something like this in an alder Academy and tbh it didn'r really worked. The best way is really to read some specific articles about gameplay and how to read you oppnenent's moves, how to side deck ... etc.

You can always try to ask people from the staff for some tips ( we have the proest staff ever Razz ) and we will probably be recording the finals of all the tournaments and like john said, you always learn watching pro's playing Smile
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 am

you can also go on konami site and read their featured articles, they aren't as good as the one's we have here.. but they suffice Razz

ur idea is reasonable.. but in the long run they're not as good
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Stardust Dragon wrote:
We got the "what will pros do " new teaching lessons
We got the "tech of the week"
we got some card discussions and some articles too from nerolwo
i guess its enough , we can't do anymore

Agreed
Id like to add just this:
When multiple people are online on DGA or DGA chat or any DGA members connection program w/e 2 pros (and we have a lot of em in DGA) can just do a match duel and other people watch just like few people said here. I think watching pros using their cards make you learn. You also watch their deck builds and learn whats good to have in the kinds of decks they use in duels which you are going to watch.
Also i agree with john that you can simply go to DN and watch high ranked people using their decks/cards/hands and learn. Ive just dueled a "pro" with six sams today and his tactics teached me how to be better with six sams. So this helps FOR SURE Wink

I totally support "what will pros do" and "tech of the week" by all means as long as they have sense (meaning as long as they have useful advices, not formal stuff which everybody knows already, i also suggest for tech of the week to talk about cards which arent much seen but are really good to use)
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:49 pm

If u want more we can always offer "teaching" duels, I can do these but I don't wanna be the only one D:
Back to top Go down
King007
King007

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks for replying !!!

I like Frost's idea ! Nothing wrong with volunteering as long as there are people ready for it !

I also understand that this forum doesn't lack resources wich is a good thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:03 pm

To me, "teaching duels" can be the same as for fun duels. Duel someone more experienced than you and see how they play their moves. ask them to point out misplays. As for official times for classes we simply don't have time for that nor is it worth it. But it doesn't mean we can't teach you directly see what I mean? Learning by doing is a big way to learn, but articles help a lot for the theory of dueling itself. you can, for example, have a godlike hand but still lose bc you misplayed or overextended. That's very common. I would always extend as far as I could possibly go to try to otk but that's just not smart and I would lose to experienced players.
As has been already mentioned, just looking in this forum helps a lot. Look not only at articles, but deck builds and duel videos. See how decks should be made, and the differences younmake between different decks like aggo or control and what the staples are for them. The most important part of deck building is: don't use bad cards. It sounds obvious but it's tempting to use certain cards just bc they're on theme, not necessarily bc they help u. Duel videos help you see good plays and good strategy, and tbh are more fun to watch than the anime lol since their cards generally suck and they misplay like crazy and talk about friendship too much. Hope my and the other ideas help
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:43 am

Harper7000 wrote:
To me, "teaching duels" can be the same as for fun duels. Duel someone more experienced than you and see how they play their moves. ask them to point out misplays.

By teaching duels I meant, that during the duel, you show the person how to play the deck properly or sumthin like that
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:51 am

Well if you want you can also explain why you do certain moves in addition to the other things. What nsaying is that there's no time for official duels like that with official times but for fun duels I don't see why I would have a problem with that. We have plenty of experienced players here not just the ones on the staff and most are nice so yeah
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 5:04 am

Harper7000 wrote:
That's very common. I would always extend as far as I could possibly go to try to otk but that's just not smart and I would lose to experienced players.

not necessarily.. i won remember Razz
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 5:40 am

lol @ Blitz

And Harper the official time thing is not good, but if they're aren't busy then they can do one
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:57 am

Blitz: there's a difference between playing an otk deck and overextending like an idiot. Not to say I never won hen overextending like an idiot, I won quite often but against skilled players I lost. And btw I was using Amazoness against you xD, you should have won 2-0 Razz
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:36 am

i beat a skilled player by overextending like an idiot!!

end of story xD
Back to top Go down
The_Dutch_Prince
Teacher
Teacher
The_Dutch_Prince

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:40 am

I noticed this topic and started thinking on how I improved over the years of playing this game. I did the following things on a regular bases:

- Watching duels on Youtube ( now you can just simply use DN ) of players I knew who were the better ones in the KCVDS community and in real life ( mainly I watched Team DKF )

- After watching the duels, go to the parts were you yourself thought; " I would have done it differently". Then analyse what would have have happened if you did it your way and compare that to the outcome of the "better Player''. By doing so you learn why somethings are done in a way "pro's" do it and why you aren't getting good results with you way.

- Figure out ( via articles, tips from friends, experience ( duels/ Tournaments or even wars ) and video's ) about card interactions. This is the most important aspect of the game, especially in fast formats like our current format.

- Work these things out in your decks and preferably your playstyle ( otherwise known as adapting to your opponents and the format ).

- Test your new way of dueling/decks/knowledge on an intensive bases. For decks I would say something likw 50-70 times before saying something does work or doesn''t work, unless it is something obvious.

- Tweak your deck and your playstyle to those changes ( if made any ) and test them again for like 30-40 times. If you have a positive result you have learned a lot already and you are now ready to look at the side deck.

At least that''s how I learned myself to improve. Hope this helped a bit.
As for lending a helping hand in actual teaching, seeing I'm not a so called pro player, but rather above avarage I do not think I am fit to be a Teacher for people that strive to become better at this game. If I can help out I will do that of course, so I guess hit me up in DN ( name is: Milliardo ) and I guess we can work something out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Forum   Training Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Forum
Page 1 of 1